Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far too realistic and sensible a post, what's wrong with you, man???

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Must be getting old...

We basically expect VDV and his hamstrings to bail us out every time 1 v 1, which is fine if you are Sir Alex or Pep, and have a treble winning squad around him or can magically replace him with Stam or Stones.
Now this has been sussed out and exploited, we're fucked.
If we don't adapt and change, we're fucked.

People moaned it was unsustainable to sit back and wait for Kane and Son to bale us out.
This is literally that, but we push really high up and wait for VDV or Vicario to bale us out.
Neither are sustainable.

Now this has been sussed out and exploited, we're fucked.
If we don't adapt and change, we're fucked.

People moaned it was unsustainable to sit back and wait for Kane and Son to bale us out.
This is literally that, but we push really high up and wait for VDV or Vicario to bale us out.
Neither are sustainable.

just because you know exactly what the team is going to do doesn't mean you have the ability to actually execute the plan to stop them:ange-facepalm:

everyone has a plan until you get punched the the face - Mike Tyson

Jokes aside, I feel like a retrospective look at his career shows a fighter who lost twice to Hollyfield, to Lewis and to a bunch of journeymen like Douglas (ok, he technically won that), Danny Williams and some no names.

I really don't think he should be in the conversation of great the way people always put him in there. He was entertaining in his 20's but wasted a career and we'll never actually know if was that good.
And fuck this circus fight with Paul.

Not sure its the really good sides where we'll have so much of an issue. Its the decent mid level slides who are happy to sit, have 30% possession, press like madmen and break. Brighton, Fulham and Newcastle comfortably the worst 3 performances this season. Woolwich, City and Villa away were excellent.
Mark my words, now we're not new and fresh, any coach with half a brain will know how to open us up and exploit us.
Our record of not losing to City, Liverpool and Woolwich is about to be well and truly reversed.I expect these games to be unwatchable for us.
Unless of course something in our plan changes dramatically.

Mark my words, now we're not new and fresh, any coach with half a brain will know how to open us up and exploit us.
Our record of not losing to City, Liverpool and Woolwich is about to be well and truly reversed.I expect these games to be unwatchable for us.
Unless of course something in our plan changes dramatically.
Quite possibly. I reckon Chelsea could be worse and we'll raise our game for the others, tactical weakness or not.

Wasn't there a long ping to Skipp at old Trafford this very season?......🤔

Possibly.... I just don't recall it enough to considering it a feature of his game......

Long vertical passes from deep? Yes... Long Hollywood pings? Not to my mind........

Last edited:
For all the analysis about how "he's been found out", its individual calamatous play that has cost the last game: Werner could finish and VdV could stay on his feet, then no-one would be saying any of it.

ts not like you need another Kane to finish either, anyone not named Werner could do it.

For all the analysis about how "he's been found out", its individual calamatous play that has cost the last game: Werner could finish and VdV could stay on his feet, then no-one would be saying any of it.

ts not like you need another Kane to finish either, anyone not named Werner could do it.

More simple than that. If we had technically decent forward players who could keep the ball, our defence wouldn't be tested as much.

It's always been a personnel issue. From the lack of centre back depth (conceding 12 in 4 with Royal/Davies), to having unsuited wingers, no real 6 etc.

Games like Newcastle will always happen until we get a squad capable of playing the way the manager wants. It happened at Liverpool under Klopp. It happened at Pep under City, it happened under Arteta at Woolwich.

It's whether or not we get the personnel is the issue.

Jokes aside, I feel like a retrospective look at his career shows a fighter who lost twice to Hollyfield, to Lewis and to a bunch of journeymen like Douglas (ok, he technically won that), Danny Williams and some no names.

I really don't think he should be in the conversation of great the way people always put him in there. He was entertaining in his 20's but wasted a career and we'll never actually know if was that good.
And fuck this circus fight with Paul.

But he was good in The Hangover….

It's leaving one man, and hoping he can keep baling us out of trouble that's the problem.
4 nil was very flattering. I don't blame VdV, he's so exposed it's hardly a surprise he made mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom