Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve already stated I’m Ange out.

But, I like the guy a lot. And I want to be wrong and to see him prove me wrong would be brilliant. At the moment though I am far from convinced he is the answer.

That written, I do recognise that his failure would be linked to many others around the gaff, and seeing him out the door while so many of the others would left behind, entirely unaccountable, would be an grave injustice.

Ange is a good guy, and brave. But so is/was Ossie and he could not hide from the bashings in the end either, same as Ange won’t be able to, 3-0 or 4-0 back to back are ominous. You don’t lose twice to Wolves in one season and be credible.

Jose and Conte were accused of having only one way to set up and not being adaptable and not being entertaining enough.

Ange is absolutely one dimensional, is not adaptable but is considered to be entertaining.

So by the single metric of entertainment most fans forgive the results and would favour Ange, but it’s (mostly) been horrible since December. Patchy at best, is that really entertaining? I sit above the away fans it’s pretty gloomy when Luton spend 60 minutes celebrating below us. Thats not due to the result, it’s because Ange’s team had no control for a massive amount of time at home to relegation fodder. Our celebrations were relief, that’s quite different to celebrations with the pride of a commanding performance.

My last bit of honestly is that I’ve been going through this loop with Spurs for so long now that my cynicism is off the charts, and Ange is currently useful to Levy and the company PR scheme but a significant upturn is necessary pretty soon before those stories of dressing room unrest are leaked out via Alastair Gold (again).

I am genuinely sorry I can’t be more optimistic, especially ahead of Woolwich. And yes 5th is “good”, but that’s not reflective of echos of Glory to me, it’s average and probably disappointing. Again I don’t want Ange to fail, genuinely I don’t .

0 Backbone

Did you think this when Everton got beat 6-0 on Monday?......🤷‍♂️
You was saying?

Hey, you take a shot at the king, you better not fucking miss.

Premier League Celebration GIF by MolaTV

So wolves are not allowed to beat us twice? Your comment about the Luton game is utter rubbish. We dominated that game and had control even though they scored

Just looked it up out of curiosity
70 percent possession
17 shots to Luton's 7

Not sure Luton had control of anything, more like we had trouble taking our chances, Werner missing sitters, sons effort bouncing of posts etc . and with converting our final ball to clear cut chances as has been the case most of the season .

But maybe you had to be there to experience the Luton domination
Shrugs GIF

70 percent possession
17 shots to Luton's 7

Not sure Luton had control of anything, more like we had trouble taking our chances, Werner missing sitters, sons effort bouncing of posts etc . and with converting our final ball to clear cut chances as has been the case most of the season .

Shrugs GIF

There was also the 'ghost' goal that never was.

Reading the posts in the last few weeks just confirms to me that sections of this fanbase are just pussies that can't stomach any sort of adversity, the biggest problem with the club bar none.

Pep didn’t change his philosophy

I’m not even sure what people mean by plan b

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mO9fb5daLY

We mean be first to the second ball. We mean defend in the air. We mean be more aggressive defensively especially in big games away from home even if it means more defensive midfielders. We mean these are priorities before you play your philosophy. If the players aren't winning the second ball, they haven't earnt the right to play any philosophy. And if it's still over your head, fine, saves me explaining unsolicitedly anyway.

70 percent possession
17 shots to Luton's 7

Shrugs GIF
It just never happened the way he said it did! Strange why he’d say that. I get some are not overly happy with the manager and that’s fair enough but making stuff up is pointless.

Can you imagine wanting to sack a manager in his very first season for finishing 5th. ...5th! boggles the mind.
After a stop start season of massive injuries, suspensions and int duty too .

getting angry at the inconsistency of our performances....inconsistency, it's almost as if we're at the start of a whole new project. Consistency comes with time.

& Spoiler alert, no manager in the world would have had us competing with Woolwich at the top of the table right now especially with our squad, no chance. So you Ange out people need to hold and swallow that and just ignore the gooners relative success best u can

We mean be first to the second ball. We mean defend in the air. We mean be more aggressive defensively especially in big games away from home even if it means more defensive midfielders. We mean these are priorities before you play your philosophy. If the players aren't winning the second ball, they haven't earnt the right to play any philosophy. And if it's still over your head, fine, saves me explaining unsolicitedly anyway.

None of that is a change of philosophy

The correct conclusion.

Can you imagine wanting to sack a manager in his very first season for finishing 5th. ...5th! boggles the mind.

getting angry at the inconsistency of our performances....inconsistency, it's almost as if we're at the start of a whole new project. Consistency comes with time.

& Spoiler alert, no manager in the world would have had us competing with Woolwich at the top of the table right now especially with our squad, no chance. So you Ange out people need to hold and swallow that and just ignore the gooners relative success best u can

This is the problem and I'll just re-iterate it again, people are looking at Woolwich and projecting their fragile fears and weak insecurities back onto this team and onto this manager, it's unfair. The general mood in this fanbase is just reflective of the mood in their fanbase, I guarantee you that we wouldn't be having this conversation if they were around where we are in the league, but no-one wants to admit it.

0 Backbone
That's a crass comment for a couch potato armchair fan like you to aim at a bona-fide match going supporter spending his hard earned cash supporting his team, mate.

Honestly, think before you post.

You've been posting more sensibly recently. Don't start soiling it with nonsense like this.

None of that is a change of philosophy
If you think the philosophy of Conte or even Mourinho gets beaten 6-1 or 4-0 by Newcastle away from home, it just doesn't. It is literally impossible to happen. Even Poch changed his philosophy for Newcastle away after being beaten 5-1. He had to adapt. The idea that we can just play our football the way we want to play away from home against half-decent pressing teams is a ridiculous philosophy. This isn't Hearts away. The philosophy changes for teams like Newcastle, you respect them more, or you get tanked.

Plus Early wimpish exits from both domestic cups, and no European football to stretch the squad.
Edited your post to include the bits you overlooked

Back
Top Bottom