Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rather we have a new manager, one that is more adaptable.

BUT...in Ange's favour, this squad is probably 5th best in the league and we are in 5th. We are kind of in the same position as Man Utd and Chelsea. There is so much rebuilding to do that even if we changed manager and brought in the best manager in the world, the limiting factor is the squad is not capable of finishing higher without major investment.

Its possible half the players in our squad are for sale and have downed tools.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1786704591221887235

Who do you suggest? Who is more adaptable ?

Yi wurr telt at the beginnin' that Ange sh*ite-ball wis the beginnin' of the end furr yi, an' didnae listen.

The good news, tho, is that Brenda(n) will be available furr yi next season. lmfao
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Probs a man who's realised the true size of the job.

Golden first 10 games in the honeymoon then a period of bad results that we all chalked up to the stupid injury list.

Everyone who was injured bar Undogie is back now and it's got worse.

Will have least more in the last 6 games then he did in the first 20.

That coupled with all the rumours of him wanting to buy the squad is a positive for me.

We have plenty of pace in the forward line but more often than not when those players are on the attack the ball is passed backwards. Then we pass it about sideways until we lose the ball, The opposition then makes a more meaningful attack.

So we're not playing to our strenghts.

Furthermore if we're planning to bring in a group of new players to improve this in the summer, which are more suitable, why don't we just be more defensive until then?

We have a manager telling us how it is and what we’ve been saying and wanting to hear for years to not accept mediocrity and want to win but still there’s some say he’s arrogant and throwing players under the bus shit.

If he has to throw cunts under the bus and out people to get success should that not be celebrated?

Who gives a fuck if players are getting told they are not good enough and have to go?

What he is saying is exactly what we think and it shows he has self belief and balls to do it.

The club need to get their fingers out and finally get us to the next level. It’s on them.
I could be dreaming but I distinctly remember a geezer called Antonio saying something pretty similar last year but that was deemed sacrilegious and a sackable offence....

Of course it's more palatable coming from the conquerer of Dog and Duck leagues worldwide rather than a winner of titles both here and in Italy.

You're an absolute fucking idiot mate.

Cheers mate. Just thinking about it earlier and I get really strong AVB vibes with Ange now. I don't really see the comparison to Pep and Klopp at all given their work in the Bundlesliga and La Liga. Perhaps maybe Arteta as he was much more of an unknown quantity when he started at Woolwich. But then he did win silverware within months of managing Woolwich.
I get what you mean with the AVB vibes but AVB to be fair to him had gone undefeated in a very good league and won a European trophy.

The rest of the post is spot on.

You've got cultists on here bleating on about Pep!!, Klopp and Arteta as if Pep and Klopp weren't already bona fide top class managers before coming to the Prem and as if Arteta didn't only play in the Prem, work with Pep for years at City but also won the cup in his first season.

What the fuck has Ange got for these clowns to defend, the fucking SPL which was famously conquered by Gerrard who then came to the Prem and nearly got the team that's above us relegated.

Honestly, the likes of Emery, Iraola, O'Neill etc put paid to any of this bollocks about him needing time.

He's way out of his depth and it's needed to get rid now rather then wasting a summer chasing Gallagher and another waste of money like Johnson.

Hasn't been here a full season and already looks crestfallen.

Lol@rebuild, we've been rebuilding for fucking 4 seasons now.
You’re right, we’re always fucking rebuilding but still don’t think that justifies Redknapp’s attempts psychoanalysis. Redknapp is a bellend and a cunt of the highest order.

Post match, Postecoglou was being quizzed by the Sky reporter who was attempting to go into every nook and cranny as to what went wrong, get him to pick out worst performances and detail what message was not getting through to the players. Ange had already given his overall assessment so wasn’t entertaining that. When the reporter tried again, Ange simply responded along the lines of ‘come on mate, I told you we were poor and that’s on me, what do you want me to do, write you a dossier on where it went wrong? We were poor today.’

I see nothing wrong with that immediately after a game like that. He can give a more measured response at a later sit down presser if needed. WTF did Redknapp expect? Did he expect to see Ange smiling and laughing and saying everything is rosy? He didn’t respond the way Sky wanted him to or he didn’t kowtow, then Redknapp comes out with that bollocks. I think he’s been watching too much of Martin Keown’s attempts at punditry.

That’s the problem with a lot of Tottenham fans right now who have put all their hopes in Postecoglou and they look at how it turns to shit, but they refuse to accept it. We shouldn’t give extra time to a manager just because we’re fucking hopeless afterwards. I am not sure how many shit performances you want to see to get your head out of the sand? We’ve sacked our most successful manager in Premier League and I didn’t see so much disappointment that it didn’t work out like I see now with Postecoglou.

You said it yourself, this job is too big for him. There are better managers out there, so why insist with Postecoglou to try and make it work? Weird.
The trouble is fans like you don’t give a manager time to build anything.

He’s not had the time to mould the squad to play the way he wants to.

Giving Postecoglou the bullet now would be a stupid knee jerk decision.

You’re right, we’re always fucking rebuilding but still don’t think that justifies Redknapp’s attempts psychoanalysis. Redknapp is a bellend and a cunt of the highest order.

Post match, Postecoglou was being quizzed by the Sky reporter who was attempting to go into every nook and cranny as to what went wrong, get him to pick out worst performances and detail what message was not getting through to the players. Ange had already given his overall assessment so wasn’t entertaining that. When the reporter tried again, Ange simply responded along the lines of ‘come on mate, I told you we were poor and that’s on me, what do you want me to do, write you a dossier on where it went wrong? We were poor today.’

I see nothing wrong with that immediately after a game like that. He can give a more measured response at a later sit down presser if needed. WTF did Redknapp expect? Did he expect to see Ange smiling and laughing and saying everything is rosy? He didn’t respond the way Sky wanted him to or he didn’t kowtow, then Redknapp comes out with that bollocks. I think he’s been watching too much of Martin Keown’s attempts at punditry.

Keown???

lol 😝

He even said in that press conference himself that he will essentially die on this hill playing the football he wants as it has "worked my entire career" but then he also said himself "but the premier league might be too big of a jump, who knows mate."

If he requires Levy to gut the team and rebuild it for this style to work I think he might be in for a shock tbh.

Like I said before, Levy wouldn't back Poch after a CL final, Conte or Jose with rebuilds; what makes Ange believe he will get backed? Especially after recent form?
Poch wasn’t backed during the stadium build, but was backed in the last transfer window before his departure, unfortunately with two expensive flops.

Transfer business recently under the Don’s watchful eye has been relatively successful - Romero, VDV, Vicario, Sarr, Udogie etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom