Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
I might have to re-watch this match I thought Andros was very good in the first half but faded. He had a brilliant through ball to put in Alli 1v1 another to Lamela who miscontrolled and the assist on the corner.

I might have to re-watch this match I thought Andros was very good in the first half but faded. He had a brilliant through ball to put in Alli 1v1 another to Lamela who miscontrolled and the assist on the corner.

He did get an assist for the corner. But my god...that marking was hilarious.

I hope Son does not think the prem corners are going to be that easy.

As a person, I have a lot of time for Andros.

As a footballer, I have none.

He is Matt Jarvis. He is Marc Albrighton. He is not good enough for us.

He's keeping Oduwa's spot warm for next year.

I'm not sure he's a glowing example of what a player should do off the pitch.

When he had his England run, signed a new contract he went into free fall. He was injured and he was more worried about making $$$$ as a pundit flying to America, doing the red carpet and being paid to tout video games. I hated it that Kane got caught up in all that cross promoting shit too. The whole grasping image rights shit did for Becks and Fergie hated it.

You would be more likely to see Townsend at the darts smiling for the cameras with his reality star big titter missus bigging it up than resting up.

Our players need to avoid the spotlight and do the basics. Their managers and agents will squeeze as much blood from them as possible.

Kane especially needs to clear his calendar and just fucking train. You can travel the world and be a media darling after you retire.

I don't think Townsend is getting good advice. It's been a curse for Spurs players. All taking turns on Daniel Lloyd or laughing away on soccer AM and their form goes down the toilet.

Bale was given time off and he went to large it up. At his mothers house in Wales. We need more Carrick mentalities at the club IMO.

Last edited:
Surprised to see people slating Townsend so much for last night tbh...
He was just too anonymous for me. And when he did do something, it was predictable.

He just kept cutting in. Idk why he didn't run to the byline and cross, like he did in that good cameo the other week. Plus, it was frustrating to see him cut in when Trippier got into great crossing positions but never got the pass from Townsend.

He was just too anonymous for me. And when he did do something, it was predictable.

He just kept cutting in. Idk why he didn't run to the byline and cross, like he did in that good cameo the other week. Plus, it was frustrating to see him cut in when Trippier got into great crossing positions but never got the pass from Townsend.
i thought he mixed it up. Sometimes he came in, sometimes he went wide.

Im not gonna lie i was a bit drunk. Im definitely not the best person to comment. But he didn't stand out as bad for me.

We just can't get going with Townsend. He needs to be dropped as he will effect everyone's form around him. WAY to head down. I'm so sick of it. Clueless buildup, head down, ignoring runners and shaping his body for obvious crossed and through balls. Plus he leaves our back 4 wide open.

And this is the second time where he has straight out denied Tripper anything. Flat out ignoring his runs to the point where it's starting to look like a clique. He can't be that head down to back pass when Trippier is wide open for a simple give and go???

The Townsend era has to end. I'm so sick of this lack of intelligence on the ball outside Eriksen.

We just can't get going with Townsend. He needs to be dropped as he will effect everyone's form around him. WAY to head down. I'm so sick of it. Clueless buildup, head down, ignoring runners and shaping his body for obvious crossed and through balls. Plus he leaves our back 4 wide open.

And this is the second time where he has straight out denied Tripper anything. Flat out ignoring his runs to the point where it's starting to look like a clique. He can't be that head down to back pass when Trippier is wide open for a simple give and go???

The Townsend era has to end. I'm so sick of this lack of intelligence on the ball outside Eriksen.
The guys made two starts so far, subbed off both times. You are actually talking shit.

I'll reiterate what I've said since Sunderland. He should only ever be used as a sub late in games.

He probably would have been suited coming off the bench last night. It certainly wasn't his best game. He tried though.

Back
Top Bottom