Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
To be fair it's shit playing when your hands are frozen, unnecessary pain/distraction. I'll block a shot with my face but I need gloves.
:carrollwtf:

I think we'll be "soft Spurs" regardless of which, "tiny dancer" people play.

Was talking to a guy about Tottenham the other day, and he doesn't watch football. He replied, "Oh, that's those lot who always wear gloves even in the sun"? I couldn't even disagree with him. Lamela, Lennon, etc all wear fucking gloves no matter what. Such a soft team with the worst mentality in the league, easily.

I think we used to have the worst mentality. Lennon, O Hara, Bentley, keano II etc used to care more about Sat night than Sat afternoon.

Mentally we have a much tougher team but Poch hamstrung us by his tactics and overall lack of pace in the starting 11. Most of the starting 11 have so much potential but I have no idea what is going through Pich's mind putting out teams that slow overall. It's schoolboy lack of foresight. Our striker has ONE chink in his armor. Pace. So he puts Dembele, Lamela, Dier, Dolphin and Mason behind him??!!??

I have a feeling he could lurch in the other direction. Where he overloads the team with Erksens, Carrols and Prichards thinking skill is the issue when it's really a lack of pace.

I hope he does subtle tweaks and does not completely rip it up

Njie has pace in spades. Just that instead of Lamela could be enough to transform us.

I'll be honest, I've never even heard of him before he was linked. He does not even have to be tough because the starting 11 we have is full of hard working brave players.

The frustrating thing about Poch is we really have a great squad. But he seems to find a way to fuck it up before we kicked a ball.

When your front 6 would lose a race against their back 4, you are fucked.

Only Chadli has pace, but that needs a slow start to get going.

Poch needs help. It's not happening. He needs a new number 2 or something.

I think we will beat Everton. I have so much faith in all of them (apart from Lennon, Lamela and Townsend). In fact I think of the penny drops with Poch, we will be a force.

All eyes on Poch now.

I think we'll be "soft Spurs" regardless of which, "tiny dancer" people play.

Was talking to a guy about Tottenham the other day, and he doesn't watch football. He replied, "Oh, that's those lot who always wear gloves even in the sun"? I couldn't even disagree with him. Lamela, Lennon, etc all wear fucking gloves no matter what. Such a soft team with the worst mentality in the league, easily.

11891391_10153169615333505_4912339954322859828_o.jpg

Oh for fuck sake, Danny. TAKE THEM OFF

Thought Townsend played very well today...especially considering it was his first action in a few months. Our attack was much more in synch when he came on. I think he's definitely earned some time in the upcoming cups.

He should always only ever be used as an impact sub in games that need it. Some games he won't be required for. Today his pace and directness was needed, good use of subs for Pochettino.

Goes to show what "keeping it simple" can do to a performance. He tore their left back a new one repeatedly by taking him out wide & beating him for pace. There were signs of an end product too. None of this cutting inside bollocks & putting it in the stands attempting the spectacular. Direct & purposeful. We need more of that & looked 100% better when he came on. Chadli, take note.

Goes to show what "keeping it simple" can do to a performance. He tore their left back a new one repeatedly by taking him out wide & beating him for pace. There were signs of an end product too. None of this cutting inside bollocks & putting it in the stands attempting the spectacular. Direct & purposeful. We need more of that & looked 100% better when he came on. Chadli, take note.

Agree, I think he's probably learnt a few things from (having to) sit from the sidelines and watch Lamela & Chadli do their version of wing-play... it's like he'd be watching their contribution, and think "Ahhhh, I get it now, that was me before I got injured! ...must remember to not do that again."

And while we're on the subject, anyone who thinks either Lamela or Chadli are our solution to the '2nd striker' problem clearly hasn't seen their finishing! Woeful is an insult to the word woeful!

I'm still not sure what the point of Lamela and Chadli is (other than to attract a bigger female fanbase) I so desperately want them to be any good... but they keep on deceiving to flatter! (see what I did there???)

that little dinked cross to lamela was lovely

it was made all the better that he was surrounded by a few defenders on the edge of the box and had to wait for the movement before dinking it in. in yester years, probably would have resulted in a little flick out into space and the a left foot blaster that would more than likely have ended up nowhere near the net

Good player, clearly has a role to play. Takes an unproportional load of abuse.

In fairness, the abuse is mainly because all he seems to do for Spurs is:

1. Run down the right wing, cut inside, shoot high wide and mighty.
2. Run down the right wing, cross abysmally.

...and repeat.

Maybe the thing to do is bring him on as a 2nd half sub, and tell him to imagine he is playing for England, as he played well yesterday.

He should always only ever be used as an impact sub in games that need it. Some games he won't be required for. Today his pace and directness was needed, good use of subs for Pochettino.

As someone who doesn't rate Townsend, he was impressive today. Clearly he has talent but his final ball/decision making has been a let down. It was much better yesterday. Almost didn't recognize him.

I agree that an impact sub is his best role on this team. If he keeps it simple like he did today, he can be a real asset to this squad.

the thing i liked the most about his game yesterday beside his good deliveries into the box, was the way he varied his play going both inside and outside to cross. the poor fullback didnt know which way townsend was going to twist him

the thing i liked the most about his game yesterday beside his good deliveries into the box, was the way he varied his play going both inside and outside to cross. the poor fullback didnt know which way townsend was going to twist him

This is exactly how he should play.

Last season he was insistent on cutting inside making him pretty much useless.

Won't get carried away as it was sunderland, however it was an encouraging cameo from Townsend. More of that hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom