Ancelotti sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what? Considering the teams he's managed, he's only won three league titles in twenty years. To be fair, he's won three Champ Leagues as well, but three league titles from twenty, when in charge of some of the worlds richest clubs is a bit shite, no?

This is what I always thought about Ferguson, he was pretty much unchallenged much of the time in the Premier League, but he only ever won two European cups.

Brian Clough won two European cups with Nottingham fucking Forest. Back to Back.

Fergie was in charge of United had some of the best players for a generation and massive transfer funds available. Surely he should have been more successful in Europe?

Profligate Whiskey nosed cunt.

This is what I always thought about Ferguson, he was pretty much unchallenged much of the time in the Premier League, but he only ever won two European cups.

Brian Clough won two European cups with Nottingham fucking Forest. Back to Back.

Fergie was in charge of United had some of the best players for a generation and massive transfer funds available. Surely he should have been more successful in Europe?

Profligate Whiskey nosed cunt.
Fergie is a legend for his work in Aberdeen, not for what he did at ManU, I'd say.
To make Aberdeen the best team in the world in 83/84 was just mind boggling. To win the premiership with the richest club ever not so much.

CGQCUCDWQAEg7fz.jpg

No, you're right he is a good manager and has shown that everywhere he has gone. But the picture still applies, he is a step down from Ancelotti (who isn't?) and really they shouldn't have got rid of him in the first place.

Ancelotti - three league titles with a career including Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real.

Benitez won two with Valencia.

One title less, but hardly a massive step down. Ancelotti is over rated to fuck. Bought his success everywhere he has been.

Ancelotti - three league titles with a career including Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real.

Benitez won two with Valencia.

One title less, but hardly a massive step down. Ancelotti is over rated to fuck. Bought his success everywhere he has been.

Exactly, Ancelotti has always had pots of dosh to buy top top players.. Who wouldn't look good with the likes of Ronaldo or Bale in your line-up?

He'd never be able to do what Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth..

Fergie is a legend for his work in Aberdeen, not for what he did at ManU, I'd say.
To make Aberdeen the best team in the world in 83/84 was just mind boggling. To win the premiership with the richest club ever not so much.
Mate I'm no Fergie fan but that's guff. Utd hadn't won anything for donkeys years. What he did at Aberdeen was fantastic. What he did at Utd incredible.

. What he did at Utd incredible.

Like I said Cloughie won as many European cups with Forest. Fergie had limitless resources at United and often squandered them on the likes of Djemba Djemba and Massimo Taibi.

Was relatively unchallenged at home, couldn't hack it in Europe.

Different era.

Arguably a harder era, when only the champions qualified and teams didn't rotate. Sure it's apples with oranges, but given the gifts Ferguson was given at United he should have won it more than twice.

Some of the best homegrown youngsters in a generation, and as much money as he wanted to spend. Sure winning umpteen titles was good, but his record in Europe doesn't hold up.

Arguably a harder era, when only the champions qualified and teams didn't rotate. Sure it's apples with oranges, but given the gifts Ferguson was given at United he should have won it more than twice.

Some of the best homegrown youngsters in a generation, and as much money as he wanted to spend. Sure winning umpteen titles was good, but his record in Europe doesn't hold up.
It's true that in Europe they/he didn't maybe meet expectations but there were also other factors. Assimilation being one. Domestically though they were pretty dominant over a number of years and that's why I think his achievements at Utd were greater than at Aberdeen. Only an opinion of course.

Arguably a harder era, when only the champions qualified and teams didn't rotate.
I'd say it was probably easier. Fewer games, and champions from Finland, Sweden, Norway etc. Rather than 2nd and 3rd place teams from Italy, Germany, Spain. Forest beat Malmo in one final didn't they? Anyway, just an opinion.

Mate I'm no Fergie fan but that's guff. Utd hadn't won anything for donkeys years. What he did at Aberdeen was fantastic. What he did at Utd incredible.
I watched Aberdeen back then. When they were beating Bayern and Real, becoming the best team on the planet, Man U were breaking records by signing the likes of Bryan Robson. They had Whiteside as the youngest World Cup player ever. Man U had the largest stadium, most fans, most money and a pretty good squad when Fergie joined.

Aberdeen was a city of 150,000. The club had little money. The country was dominated by two monstrously successful sides who hoovered up all the good players. Fergie turned an ok squad into the best. It was extraordinary.

Unlike you, I'm a huge fan of Fergie. I saw with my own eyes what he did up here. No team that small will ever be so great again. He achieved plenty at Man U, but it pales into insignificance compared to his Aberdeen days.

I watched Aberdeen back then. When they were beating Bayern and Real, becoming the best team on the planet, Man U were breaking records by signing the likes of Bryan Robson. They had Whiteside as the youngest World Cup player ever. Man U had the largest stadium, most fans, most money and a pretty good squad when Fergie joined.

Aberdeen was a city of 150,000. The club had little money. The country was dominated by two monstrously successful sides who hoovered up all the good players. Fergie turned an ok squad into the best. It was extraordinary.

Unlike you, I'm a huge fan of Fergie. I saw with my own eyes what he did up here. No team that small will ever be so great again. He achieved plenty at Man U, but it pales into insignificance compared to his Aberdeen days.
I guess maybe to fully appreciate what he did in Scotland I need a better knowledge of the football scene up there at that time. Either way his record is unequaled probably anywhere.

I guess maybe to fully appreciate what he did in Scotland I need a better knowledge of the football scene up there at that time. Either way his record is unequaled probably anywhere.
Aberdeen hadn't won the league since 1955, until he won it in 79. Nobody except the old firm had won it for 15 years. Fergie won it 3 times in 6 years and finished second twice.
Aberdeen won the Scottish Cup in 69, then the old firm took over until Aberdeen again in 81, 82, 83 and 85.
As for the CWC run in 82/83 and the EC cup run to the semi in 83/84, just sublime. Check out the youtubes of the home matches against Bayern and Waterschei - just amazing.

And in his last game as Napoli manager, a disappointing 2-4 loss at home to Lazio and by doing so losing out on Champions League football.

Back
Top Bottom