Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You might be right Carlito (and who's to say Defoe wouldn't have made the same run?) but you're in disagreement with Michael Cox at zonal marking who says "Also crucial was the run of Adebayor across the front of the defence, turning Woolwich’s players towards their right, as Bale made a run around the other side, to their left."

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/03...-high-lines-and-balls-in-behind-the-defences/

You might be right Carlito (and who's to say Defoe wouldn't have made the same run?) but you're in disagreement with Michael Cox at zonal marking who says "Also crucial was the run of Adebayor across the front of the defence, turning Woolwich’s players towards their right, as Bale made a run around the other side, to their left."

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/03...-high-lines-and-balls-in-behind-the-defences/

Hes probably as qualified as you lot to talk about it.

Experience: 10 years of watching Sky Sports analysis.
Qualifications: GCSE wood-work and PE

I love zonal marking, but yea, it's not perfect.

Case in point, three times he talks about Woolwich dominating possession.
But, Spurs finished with 52% of possession.

That ain't dominating possession.

But, Spurs finished with 52% of possession.

That ain't dominating possession.
Opta, which Cox is clearly using, gave Spurs 39% possession.

Edit: Further, looking at both the player influence charts and the chalkboards show that, again according to Opta, Woolwich were really dictating the way the midfield would play out for basically the entire match, which does not feel exactly wrong to me.

We are the coiled spring, the cobra ready to strike, when we look at our most vunerable, we are at our most dangerous, the closer you get to us, the worse the attack will be for you.

Commit your midfielders forward and we will not only repel your attack with ease due to our efficient back line, but we will then attack with such pace and ferocity that before you can recover back, you have 2 fangs hanging out of your arm.

or something like that.

ha ha the amount of toilet being propagated in this thread.

"I noticed how the ball stopped sticking when he went off"

"He may be our ace in the pack"

Jesus wept, hes crap, worse than crap hes pathetic. Too lazy to even celebrate the first goal.

DIE.
iSizwcRdQYve4.JPG

iy9ZhTKcpmvuY.JPG

ioKHa0rZrTFuo.JPG

:adegrin2:

Well, my app was certainly asleep, if that's the case.

Just goes to show how fucking flukey sports tracking is.
It's a grey area sometimes. When a goalkeeper hits a 70 yard GK that's won in the air by the opposition's defender, for how much of the ball's flight are the keeper's team in possession? None? All? Just the bit when it leaves his boot?

It's a grey area sometimes. When a goalkeeper hits a 70 yard GK that's won in the air by the opposition's defender, for how much of the ball's flight are the keeper's team in possession? None? All? Just the bit when it leaves his boot?
Well, Blanchflower Blanchflower brought this up in the match thread, too, but imo a difference of 14% doesn't account for "falling asleep at the switch" or even this kind of grey area. I think it's simply a different means of calculating the statistic, which is a methodological grey area. Maybe if there's a day where I'm not already sitting on this site for five hours, I'll compare the BBC numbers with the Opta numbers. I imagine the Opta numbers will be persistently lower, perhaps, showing a higher threshold, etc.

Point is, I don't think anyone will say that Spurs were running that midfield last night.

Well, Blanchflower Blanchflower brought this up in the match thread, too, but imo a difference of 14% doesn't account for "falling asleep at the switch" or even this kind of grey area. I think it's simply a different means of calculating the statistic, which is a methodological grey area. Maybe if there's a day where I'm not already sitting on this site for five hours, I'll compare the BBC numbers with the Opta numbers. I imagine the Opta numbers will be persistently lower, perhaps, showing a higher threshold, etc.

Point is, I don't think anyone will say that Spurs were running that midfield last night.
No, but that was our plan. Possession that isn't going anywhere is worth fuck all. Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta can have all the ball they want 40 yards from our goal, we'll just wait until other players push up and then BAM, shit on them on the counter.

When the goal went in he didnt even raise his arms...fact. Maybe that killer diagonal run out of the danger area knackered him out

:adelol:
I generally enjoy your schtick but you're grasping at straws here. "Didn't even raise his arms"???

Critics of Ade are better off focusing on the fact that he generally played like crap yesterday, a stance that has the added virtue of being correct.

Back
Top Bottom