Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5mil over a year or 5 mil now? We had that money just sitting there ready to be transferred to WBA. There must have been a good reason why Levy didn't give him the money to fuck off.

Positive that I can see is the fact that he will be playing for a contract somewhere next season as his runs it's course at the end of this, he will play rather well to attain something.

Negative however is that he is cancer, he can influence others and doesn't look like he'll be playing another game for us, so that's a reported 100k/week of wages paying someone to disrupt our team.

Emmanuel Adebayor refuses to leave Tottenham Hotspur because he needs a sign from God
Some choice quotes
Emmanuel Adebayor refuses to leave Tottenham Hotspur because he needs a sign from God
But Adebayor initially rejected Tottenham’s offer, insisting that he would only leave if his contract was paid up front and in full, which would have cost the club around £5million.

With minutes of the transfer window remaining, Adebayor is understood to have signed the contract termination paper on Tottenham’s terms but changed his mind at the last minute and ruined any hopes of a move.

The 31-year-old had been close to joining Aston Villa at the end of July, but stunned Villa officials when, having completed a medical and posed for pictures in the club’s shirt, he stalled on the deal by claiming that he wanted a sign from God that it would be the correct move.

West Ham last week made Adebayor an offer to move to Upton Park on loan, but the former Woolwich man did not turn up for a scheduled medical, leaving Hammers and Spurs officials in the dark over his whereabouts, and requested more time to think about the switch.

There are now fears within White Hart Lane that Adebayor is happy to see out the final year of his contract even if it means he does not play any football for the entire season.

All in all, pretty damning stuff. Can't see him playing again.

Yes because they wanted us to pay the majority of his wages to go play there.

People accuse Levy of being nothing but a businessman but if that were true he'd have happily let Ade go there last season and saved a portion of his wages per week but he would rather pay 100% of them rather than let him go to West Ham who at the time were challenging our league position.

As i say over and over. Criticise Levy or Poch all you (figuratively, not u specifically) want WHEN ITS DESERVED. Problem is too many people are so fixed in their opinion that all reasoning goes out the window.

West Ham are more of a threat to our league position this year it seems yet we were happy for him to go?

Personally if I had to pay adeyboyor 5 million and he can play for a rival or 5 million over a 8 month period while he rots in the changing room I would chose the rot option fuck him.

West Ham are more of a threat to our league position this year it seems yet we were happy for him to go?
Because we need to offload him. Do u even recognise what you are doing??

So you are criticising levy for NOT selling him last window and are now switching your argument to it being a criticism that he WANTED TO sell him this window!

Either way you will find a fault in every action he takes.
:pochfacepalm:

Because we need to offload him. Do u even recognise what you are doing??

So you are criticising levy for NOT selling him last window and are now switching your argument to it being a criticism that he WANTED TO sell him this window!

Either way you will find a fault in every action he takes.
:pochfacepalm:
Arent you doing exactly the same in reverse?

This story about Adebayor playing up is based on nothing but rumour. I'm pointing out that Levy is a pain in the arse to deal with all the time it seems from what numerous other chairman have said repeatedly over a long period of time.

Love it how people think he's gonna 'rot'....

Parking up in his Bentley to trot about with the reserves smashing balls into the net, grab some lunch before going home to chill out....and that's when he turns up for training.

Wish I could rot like that.

What's most frustrating is we all know as well as he does that even at 31 he can be a massive asset to us and bag some important goals. Won't happen now though. I genuinly think Coulthurst getting recalled on loan is FAR more likely to happen if we were struggling than Ade playing for us again

Arent you doing exactly the same in reverse?
I'm not criticising him so no.

We want rid of Ade. West Ham in both windows (thanks to him being a difficult cunt) is the only club we could sell him to.

Levy was reluctantly willing to let him go their last window but he wasn't about to pay half his wages while strengthening a close rival.

This window it was even worse because he expected to get all his wages for his remaining year up front before he fuck off. How on earth is that levy's fault not letting him go?

Levy deserves all the criticism he gets over Berahino but the Ade saga is not his fault. See that's called reasoning. The opposite of trying to attribute blame to the same individual for every single thing that your not happy about because you've decided the are the root of all evil.

Ade stays and does fuck all - has another year without playing (bar Togo) - might be able to make a come back aged 32 - cost 5mill
Ade stays and he comes back into the squad, trys to play - cost 5mill
or
He gets paid off, can join one of our rivals - cost 5mill
He goes on loan to a club we despise and we pay half his wages - cost 2.5mill

the first two options are surely much better for the fans. Only the last option may be of economical benefit to the club, but I'm glad they fucked that off. Fuck west ham.

Sadly. Logic suggests it a case of he needs us & we need him. If he wants a good move next summer he needs some kind of performance this season. We lack depth up front & have a ( potentially ) world class striker available to the squad. It's not rocket science what needs to happen next. No doubt we all work with people we think are Cunts but generally speaking they are not binned off, made to work in offices alone, kept out of core meetings etc etc so why is Ade treated this way ( it would seem ) if 50% of the rumours are true then I have no love for the bloke, but they are rumours, it's not like he's been nicked for drunk driving, been out on the lash with the Happy Gas like our savior Berhino has been in the past year. Ade being binned says more about Poch than it does about Ade.

God telling him to stay last minute was probably someone telling him we ain't getting Berahino so he gets to sit back and now watch spurs squirm considering bringing him back, which is a shitty position we should never have put ourselves in

Cross round his neck, Pastor advice, this Islamic change has been tough for Ade that's for sure!!

The only God he genuinely worships is money, hence the blocked moves, sadly that's exactly like our chairman

Levy deserves all the criticism he gets over Berahino but the Ade saga is not his fault. See that's called reasoning.
Oh how reasonable of you! Yes it was me that decided to give a 5 year, £120,000 a week contract to a serial malingerer with form at every club he's played for, not Levy. I'm very sorry.

I'm not criticising him so no.

We want rid of Ade. West Ham in both windows (thanks to him being a difficult cunt) is the only club we could sell him to.

Levy was reluctantly willing to let him go their last window but he wasn't about to pay half his wages while strengthening a close rival.

This window it was even worse because he expected to get all his wages for his remaining year up front before he fuck off. How on earth is that levy's fault not letting him go?

Levy deserves all the criticism he gets over Berahino but the Ade saga is not his fault. See that's called reasoning. The opposite of trying to attribute blame to the same individual for every single thing that your not happy about because you've decided the are the root of all evil.

Well both the WBA and WHU chairman have had a pop at our Chairman.

Oh how reasonable of you! Yes it was me that decided to give a 5 year, £120,000 a week contract to a serial malingerer with form at every club he's played for, not Levy. I'm very sorry.
Yeah levy is at fault for buying him to start with. Though I was reasonably happy with it at the time based on his loan spell.

That's not what we were debating tho. Thanks for the irrelevant contribution.

I cannot believe anyone would want him ever again, if his antics at Villa are half true.

That includes us, btw.

However badly life has treated him in his privatesphere, players like him are poison to have around. I hope he is kept far from the squad, much more so now we have gotten rid of BAE.

s4rxFVM.png

Sadly. Logic suggests it a case of he needs us & we need him. If he wants a good move next summer he needs some kind of performance this season. We lack depth up front & have a ( potentially ) world class striker available to the squad. It's not rocket science what needs to happen next. No doubt we all work with people we think are Cunts but generally speaking they are not binned off, made to work in offices alone, kept out of core meetings etc etc so why is Ade treated this way ( it would seem ) if 50% of the rumours are true then I have no love for the bloke, but they are rumours, it's not like he's been nicked for drunk driving, been out on the lash with the Happy Gas like our savior Berhino has been in the past year. Ade being binned says more about Poch than it does about Ade.
I think the guy is an enigma. I think he has a peculiar way that certain people don't like. How is it he can get on with Harry and not AVB, then get on with Sherweasel and not Poch? On one hand you can't ignore his consistent run of trouble. On the other hand you have to wonder how it is that he seems okay if a manager likes him and Levy is watching the whole time.

I think it would be sensible to try and get something out of him, but Poch, like AVB, clearly doesn't have what it takes to both keep him in line and get something out of him. I suspect therefore that we will see him sitting around doing nothing until January.

Back
Top Bottom