Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Peter Crouch, Pav ANYONE would have scored that goal.

He was utterly disinterested and seemed almost as surprised as I was that he had scored.

I was pointing him out to my missus in the second half and extra time and she was like 'doesn't anyone say anything about him'

She doesn't care for football so much and she could see what a useless wanker he is.

He has been paid roughly 7m a goal this season.

What a hero!

Oh give it a rest already..
When he hits some form and start banging em in, you'll be singing his praises. Watch this space.

You mean the Form we haven't seen for an entire year?
Yup, Defoe may be woeful, but at least he was in that purple patch of form at the start of the season.

Adebayor has spent more time running away from goal this year than attacking it. I wouldn't be surprised if our fullbacks are averaging more shots on goal per game than Adebayor has all season.

Right now I'm thinking that Adebayor would contribute more if we stuck him at CM. You know, because he does at least try to move around and pass the ball some. Can't be asked to shoot without falling on his ass first, but he does like to pass.

Yup, Defoe may be woeful, but at least he was in that purple patch of form at the start of the season.

Adebayor has spent more time running away from goal this year than attacking it. I wouldn't be surprised if our fullbacks are averaging more shots on goal per game than Adebayor has all season.

Right now I'm thinking that Adebayor would contribute more if we stuck him at CM. You know, because he does at least try to move around and pass the ball some. Can't be asked to shoot without falling on his ass first, but he does like to pass.
I want him gone in the summer. Even if it means a free transfer. Get him off the books to free up wages for another player hopefully a striker.

You mean the Form we haven't seen for an entire year?

Everyone needs to fucking give it a rest. What good is complaining about the same shit over and over going to do anyone, been trying to stay out of this but it's becoming so tedious to read because it's filtering into so many threads.

If you were following Spurs last year I'm sure you loved Adebayor, now you turn around and can't even acknowledge a positive about him.

And we wonder why football fans get a bad name..

ViriginaSpur is disturbingly on to something with the Torres comparison. Ade's finishing has never been great with us, but he has been ridiculously poor recently at being decisive and just pulling the trigger.

Everyone needs to fucking give it a rest. What good is complaining about the same shit over and over going to do anyone, been trying to stay out of this but it's becoming so tedious to read because it's filtering into so many threads.

If you were following Spurs last year I'm sure you loved Adebayor, now you turn around and can't even acknowledge a positive about him.

And we wonder why football fans get a bad name..

It got to the point for me that i cannot stand him anymore. I freaking loved him for those few months. I agree it is useless to talk about what we should with him, but then what is the point of this site?

Ade has been awful for an entire year, i want to move on. With such a tight wage structure with such high expectations, we cannot afford to pay Ade such outrageous wages for nothing. Again, I am repetitive, just like most on the site, but if we aren't to talk about Ade and his struggles, what are we to talk about? J.J. and Gomes are gone.

It got to the point for me that i cannot stand him anymore. I freaking loved him for those few months. I agree it is useless to talk about what we should with him, but then what is the point of this site?

Ade has been awful for an entire year, i want to move on. With such a tight wage structure with such high expectations, we cannot afford to pay Ade such outrageous wages for nothing. Again, I am repetitive, just like most on the site, but if we aren't to talk about Ade and his struggles, what are we to talk about? J.J. and Gomes are gone.

A whole year is a bit of an exaggeration. Seeing as the season only started what 6 / 7 months ago, and he spent long spells injured, and then interrupted by international duty. He hasn't really had a chance to get going.

His ability hasn't just disappeared, he was our top goalscorer last year, how everyone can just change their tune so easily is remarkable. Imagine this time next year, people saying we should leave Bale go on a free...

And if you want things to talk about, why not try come up with some original points, rather than everyone flogging this dead horse.

I'm not even Ade's biggest fan, he frustrates the fuck out of me most of the time, but people need to be a bit more understanding. Reading all this shit over and over is starting to really get under my skin.

He's been fuck awful all season and last night was at his usual level.

He is a good player, so something serious is wrong. Eight months into a season and there should have been at least a run of a month where he got it together, but fuck all. I'm at a loss.

What a tedious thread. They guy actually sent us through at the San Siro last night in case anyone missed it.

I really can't stand the attitude of fair weather fans who run hot and cold on players and managers depending on short periods of (or lack of) form.

I suspect that many of those complaining about Adebayor are the same bunch who still can't stop with the "boyhood club" bullshit whenever Robbie Keane's name comes up.

I suspect that many of those complaining about Adebayor are the same bunch who still can't stop with the "boyhood club" bullshit whenever Robbie Keane's name comes up.

We were playing one of his boyhood clubs last night though, right?

:baletroll:

Robbie-Keane1.jpg

That's gotta be smiley material right there. But still, it feels like we are in a pantomime sometimes, there always has to be a villain, a big bad guy who is "shit" or "lazy."

Thing is, Ade has been frustrating the shit out of us in the games he HAS played this season, and yet he came up with the goal, when absolutely, desperately needed.
Regardless or not whether 'Sandra' could've scored it, she didn't, cos she doesn't play for Spurs, and her husband isn't manager any more, so it would be difficult for her to get a game these days!

Anyway, I digress.,,. Ade has seemed disinterested at times, even the goal 'celebration' last night was a little half-hearted (he could've at least waved to the Spurs fans above that end)

....but hey, minor quibbles, he helped get us through, and maybe now the games are getting bigger and more important, he'll start showing some interest in being involved, and affecting them a little more!

Nope. No he didn't. What put us through was the first leg performance. Yes, he scored the goal, but he wasn't having anywhere near a good game.

Obviously our first leg performance contributed massively to our progression in the competition, but no one can deny the fsct that without Ade last night, we were out.

I'm normally very positive about our players and team, but I'd like to think we all reserve the right to critique performance or form.

I believe Ade has been poor recently and believe he was poor last night. Granted he scored and that is really important, but he didn't offer much else.

Happy for anyone to tell me he was great last night and I'll take that on board.

He wasnt great. He was pretty awful, but he still beat two defenders with a lunge, that scored the goal that put us through....as opposed to the ball hitting him without him knowing what happened!

Back
Top Bottom