Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:adestare:

Apart from the 6 goals in the last 8 league games he scored, or the 18 goals in 37 games over all comps that season.

On-loan-Adebayor or Prove-AVB-Wrong-Adebayor are a bargain at £5m all day long.

It's the other versions of him that dominate the majority of his career that are worrying. When he's good, he's up there with the best. When he's not playing well, he's like a fat bloke in the Sunday League.

Unfortunately, the biggest problem is that when he's not happy he seems to have trouble follow him - trouble that gets managers sacked and causes problems in the dressing room.

I agree with you although you seem to disagree with me.

Goal hungry Ade dried up as soon as he knew he'd done enough for a permanent deal. Text book pattern. Like Woolwich, like Man City, like Real Madrid.
We knew it was coming and shouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.
Cons far exceed the pros and always will.
Best chance is sending him out to Turkey / Russia / Greece where he can be a 'hero'. Hope someone is mug enough to want him permanently but I can't see anything other than a loan sadly.

Goal hungry Ade dried up as soon as he knew he'd done enough for a permanent deal. Text book pattern. Like Woolwich, like Man City, like Real Madrid.
Best chance is sending him out to Turkey / Russia / Greece where he can be a 'hero'. Hope someone is mug enough to want him permanently but I can't see anything other than a loan sadly.

I agree, but it was the part about him not being on form when we signed him - he'd completed his loan and had been a star performer for us that season (so much so that the gooners were going apeshit about "how can FIFA let this loophole exist" and so on) so we'd have been idiots not to sign him for a measly £5m.

Perhaps it was predictable, but he did a lot for us last season also and we would have lost a lot of players probably (lloris, vertonghen et al) if we didn't finish in the top 6. It's just unfortunate that all that Sherwood/Ade/Media carry on perhaps did was give him the ego that seems to be so damaging to his own career.

Any announcement on his release from the club yet?

I'd presume mutual consent at this point would be the best option going forward

Emmanuel Adebayor tells his mother: You're a witch, leave me alone

Times LIVE | 01 December, 2014 11:41

Emmanuel Adebayor has accused his mother of practising witchcraft on him and kicked her out of her home in Togo.

The 30-year-old millionaire star, who plays for Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur and earns £170,000-a-week, accused the family of performing ‘juju’ on him, a term given to the practice of witchcraft in West Africa.

Adebayor told Ghanaian radio station: “Obviously I’m not a pastor, I am a footballer so I cannot point out a witch. I never sacked my mum from the house — she decided to leave the house,” Adebayor is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail.

“But how am I going to be in touch with my mum if my mum is the one telling everyone that my work will not go forward. They should stop talking, talking, they should stop doing juju on me — they should leave me alone.

But his family hit back by claiming that the star had been ‘brainwashed’ by Islamic spiritual healers who told him that his poor form on the football pitch was down to black magic.

While Adebayor scored 14 goals in 25 games last season for Tottenham, he has only managed two strikes in 12 matches so far this campaign.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/so...ells-his-mother-you-re-a-witch-leave-me-alone

Thats absolute urban myth bollocks.

...I'd rather have a striker who can score when he "feels like it" than one who can't score at all...
COYS
But when will adebayor "feel like it again" i reckon never again in a spurs shirt.atleast we have a young academy striker that get's better and better player and a very hard working striker.

Last edited:
International duty in the summer and he comes back with malaria, international duty last month he comes back with back injury and claiming his mum is using black magic. Good job they haven't made the ACON because I'm guessing he'd come back with the plague

I feel sorry for the guy, must have had a lot of problems with his family and of course there was the terrible Togo bus shooting. I just hope he figures a way to sort himself out and doesn't ended up severely depressed or worse.

I feel sorry for the guy, must have had a lot of problems with his family and of course there was the terrible Togo bus shooting. I just hope he figures a way to sort himself out and doesn't ended up severely depressed or worse.

Plenty of people have traumatic and emotionally traumatising experiences in their lives, but Adebayor is one of those who does not have to worry about keeping a roof over his head, nor does he need to be stressed about his next meal or having people around him at christmas.

To sympathise with him blaming supernatural crap instead of looking at himself... massively offensive to people with real problems in life, imo.

Plenty of people have traumatic and emotionally traumatising experiences in their lives, but Adebayor is one of those who does not have to worry about keeping a roof over his head, nor does he need to be stressed about his next meal or having people around him at christmas.

To sympathise with him blaming supernatural crap instead of looking at himself... massively offensive to people with real problems in life, imo.

Not that I'm defending Adebayor, but I'm just trying to get the logic of your argument. Traumatic events aren't actually traumatic if you have money and a roof over your head?

Back
Top Bottom