Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The bit where you said Jamie O'Hara was as good as Luka Modric I thought was quite amusing, and the time you spent nine months arguing with all the SC people that Modric couldn't lace Malbranque's boots, well, that was excellent as well.

Can you remember what actually happened though? I started a thread when Modric signed that he was not the type of player we needed at the time. Then what happened?

We had our worst start in Prem history. By the way, you may want to check the threads where Modric faced Malbs. Malbs wiped the floor with him. Also had almost identical stats as Modders in a shitty team that season. By the way, would you like to post where I stated Modric was not fit to tie his laces? Because I never claimed anything like that.

I'm glad you brought up Modric: Why did we have the worst start in Spurs history? Tiny dancers. They overloaded the team back then with Bentley, Modric, GDS, Lennon etc and soft Spurs did for another manager.

Since you went back so far...You may want to check that the thread was locked because Modders played so bad. He was in the press apologizing for his form. He only played well when Harry came and we bought DM's etc in Jan. I think it was Palacios. Hmmm steel? Why does that sound familiar?

Also:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/368112/Luka-Modric-tops-poll-as-worst-signing-of-the-year

Luka Modric tops poll as worst signing of the year

What happened when Modders joined Real? They went from champions, and had their worst start in decades and lost their title. With the special one in charge. What happened to us? Record points total. What happened to us when Modders was injured for more than a third of the season>? We got Champions League.

Real started shit this season, and had to spend HUGE and Bale saved their season.

Can you remember what actually happened though? I started a thread when Modric signed that he was not the type of player we needed at the time. Then what happened?

We had our worst start in Prem history. By the way, you may want to check the threads where Modric faced Malbs. Malbs wiped the floor with him. Also had almost identical stats as Modders in a shitty team that season. By the way, would you like to post where I stated Modric was not fit to tie his laces? Because I never claimed anything like that.

I'm glad you brought up Modric: Why did we have the worst start in Spurs history? Tiny dancers. They overloaded the team back then with Bentley, Modric, GDS, Lennon etc and soft Spurs did for another manager.

Since you went back so far...You may want to check that the thread was locked because Modders played so bad. He was in the press apologizing for his form. He only played well when Harry came and we bought DM's etc in Jan. I think it was Palacios. Hmmm steel? Why does that sound familiar?

Also:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/368112/Luka-Modric-tops-poll-as-worst-signing-of-the-year

Luka Modric tops poll as worst signing of the year

What happened when Modders joined Real? They went from champions, and had their worst start in decades and lost their title. With the special one in charge. What happened to us? Record points total. What happened to us when Modders was injured for more than a third of the season>? We got Champions League.

Real started shit this season, and had to spend HUGE and Bale saved their season.
Hahahahhahahahhahahahaha

He's been one of their best players this season and one of our Top 3 in each of his Spurs season

Comparing him to Malbranque is preposterous

Slow down

He's been one of their best players this season and one of our Top 3 in each of his Spurs season

Slow down

I liked Malbs. I liked Modric. My claim back then was Modders would not make much more impact than players we had at the time. What happened? We had the worst start in history.

And Modders was actually embarrassed by Malbs when they faced each other. Malbs had 8 prem assists that season for Sunderland.

And even then I had Modric in all of my starting lineups. Modric was brilliant to watch. When it came to impact, if he was out (and he was a lot) our prem points never changed. We did not miss a beat with Modders gone.

My whole point revolved around Malbranque being underrated, and Modric being overrated.

Last edited:

Its perfect that someone brought up Modric. In a Lennon thread where people are talking about tiny dancers. Lennon, Modric, GDS, Bentley were all in that team.

People have to see what a backfire that attack on my posts in the past is.

We were BOTTOM of the league. Read that again...Late October, Spurs were BOTTOM of the league with Modric playing.

Why do you think these threads that I start get locked or deleted?

Last edited:
We were BOTTOM of the league. Read that again...Late October, Spurs were BOTTOM of the league with Modric playing.

Why do you think these thread that I start get locked or deleted?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I generally stay out of these threads but this tickled me.

But full marks for fighting back with your advocation of the little known, and certainly innovative, 2-7-1 formation, with the outside 2 of the 7 avoiding the wings whenever

Link???

I am an advocate for a 4-2-3-1. I am uber repetitive. The only time I don't advocate it is with wastes of space like Rose and Naughton stinking up the back 4 where I would prefer a back 3.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I generally stay out of these threads but this tickled me.

It's nuts. They say Modric, Gibbsy, la la la la. But 4 months after I make the claim we didn't need these style of players at the club, we are rock bottom of the league. In fact we had to spend record amounts to right the ship in Jan, then Modric played good. Real just did the same. Lost their title, record poor start with Modders, poor start this season so they had to buy their way out of their slump with Bale.

Modders needed protection, not more tiny dancers. So does Lamela and Eriksen. If you overload the team with other (good) smaller players, you end up doing a Ramos. AVB did it vs West Ham.

He brought up Modric. Modric was a flop at Real. Only a few months into this season has he played OK.

We did not miss a beat without Modric and had a record prem points total.

Tricky read and whispers to self, "yep definitely missing retinas. Or cognitive processing. {pause} maybe both." {small chuckle}.

"tiny dancers" {he he he}.

Slow down

I suppose its potential verses now. Modric had a slow start at Spurs so did Bale for that matter and look at them now so I guess there might have been a time when Malbranque and Modric where performing at the same level but the ability of Modric meant when he settled with us the difference between the two would become clear. Modric had the same issue with Madrid, at first they hated him, now many Madrid fans think he is there most important player even above Ronaldo.

I think thats why we need to show good faith with Lamela, Paulinho, Chadli, Eriksen and Chiriches, all very talented, give them more time and a better manager than AVB/Sherwood and who knows. Not sure about Soldado, 28 has been very poor this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom