Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheers.

Meh, I'm not overly fussed by that. Not sure you should be either.

Seems as if Tim is alienating Sandro like AVB was alienating Ade. And considering your vocal support of Ade on that issue, it'd seem hypocritical to take Tim's side on this. I'll concede Ade's was more severe. A lack of form isn't a reason to target a player like Tim seems to be.

EDIT - that also isn't Sandro tweeting about leaving. That's a media outlet quoting him.

That is not a direct tweet from Sandro's account. That is a tweet from ESPN that supposedly has "quoted" Sandro. Up to you if you trust that source.

Sounds pretty libelous from ESPN....if he refutes it, then fair enough. Until then, I have no reason to dismiss direct quotes...

Could as well say that all Sherwoods quotes are not true on that basis

Sounds pretty libelous from ESPN....if he refutes it, then fair enough. Until then, I have no reason to dismiss direct quotes...

Could as well say that all Sherwoods quotes are not true on that basis

It could well be all valid quotes from Sandro but not sure where your getting at with the Sherwood link.

Hasn't most of Sherwood's quotes come from press confrences and media interviews?

It could well be all valid quotes from Sandro but not sure where your getting at with the Sherwood link.

Hasn't most of Sherwood's quotes come from press confrences and media interviews?

Yes because no one reads a quote from TS and flies off the handle....they all go and check on youtube if he really said it

:defoe:

Back onto the topic of captaincy. I would also say hugo, mainly because he is as experienced in that area as most others in the squad. Also he is one of our 2 maybe 3 world class players and generally the most consistent of them. If it wasn't him then i would rather an older player such as soldado (yes i know he often goes missing but at least he is passionate) than walker who is still only 23 going on 24 soon. I think it needs to be someone who is experienced and the others players look up to rather than a younger player who more senior players may look down on begrudgingly.

I want dawson OUT. Captain?? How can multi million pound players respect him? World class players like lloris and eriksen must be thinking, how the fcuk is poor footballer captain. Hes bringing the players around him down instead of rising up to their standards. I dont want to see dawson in tottenham shirt again. Thank you daws for your honesty and efforts, but its now time to fcuk off.

I want dawson OUT. Captain?? How can multi million pound players respect him? World class players like lloris and eriksen must be thinking, how the fcuk is poor footballer captain. Hes bringing the players around him down instead of rising up to their standards. I dont want to see dawson in tottenham shirt again. Thank you daws for your honesty and efforts, but its now time to fcuk off.

Bore off you cunt

You've been a grade A cunt from day 1 on here. Fuck off.

Back onto the topic of captaincy. I would also say hugo, mainly because he is as experienced in that area as most others in the squad. Also he is one of our 2 maybe 3 world class players and generally the most consistent of them. If it wasn't him then i would rather an older player such as soldado (yes i know he often goes missing but at least he is passionate) than walker who is still only 23 going on 24 soon. I think it needs to be someone who is experienced and the others players look up to rather than a younger player who more senior players may look down on begrudgingly.
One of our greatest Captains this club has had, and certainly the greatest in my life time, is Steve Perryman. I believe he was 20 years old when made Captain. Born leaders are born leaders, no matter what age they are. As we are so far removed from the players these days it is difficult to know who is best suited. One thing I do have a reasonable degree of confidence of is Pochettino was apparently a fantastic Captain and leader. Well respected on and off the field, heres hoping he can identify the qualities, be that reafirming Daws or recognising someone who is.

Last edited:
Captain: :dawsonmean:
Vice Captains: :llorishuh::kaboul:

I would put :vert: as a vice captain, but not until he stops looking so fucking miserable and starts looking like he wants to play for us.

Apart from them, we haven't got any players who are natural leaders (in my opinion).

i might be wrong here, but Ronaldo isnt really much of a captain either for Portugal, doesent seem to be a team player, yet he is the skipper.
point being, Portugal has their best player as Captain, maybe for motivational reasons orsmthing.
so we should assimilate that.
seems to work for them.
:adesalute:

One of our greatest Captains this club has had, and certainly the greatest in my life time, is Steve Perryman. I believe he was 20 years old when made Captain. Born leaders are born leaders, no matter what age they are. As we are so far removed from the players these days it is difficult to know who is best suited. One thing I do have a reasonable degree of confidence of is Pochettino was apparently a fantastic Captain and leader. Well respected on and off the field, heres hoping he can identify the qualities, be that reafirming Daws or recognising someone who is.
Guess who was also a league winning captain, over the likes of Colin Hendry and Alan Shearer. :sherwoodlol:

i might be wrong here, but Ronaldo isnt really much of a captain either for Portugal, doesent seem to be a team player, yet he is the skipper.
point being, Portugal has their best player as Captain, maybe for motivational reasons orsmthing.
so we should assimilate that.
seems to work for them.
:adesalute:
I tend to disagree with that. A natural leader is not always the best player. I would prefer someone like dawson because they tend to be the best motivators. Someone who hogs the ball and is very cocky isn't captain material in my mind. But each to their own i suppose, you might be right

The great teams, the ones that are remembered years after they took to the field have a number of leaders. The armband is a strange one as I would expect our team to be able to have leaders across the park, be it Hugo, Vertonghen, Sandro, Eriksen or Adebayor.

Some players aren't inclined toward leadership (Lennon) but are capable of being leaders in act rather than voice.

I know it is a position that must be filled so I would wait for all signings to be complete, after all Richard Gough was our captain in his one season at Spurs.

I tend to disagree with that. A natural leader is not always the best player. I would prefer someone like dawson because they tend to be the best motivators. Someone who hogs the ball and is very cocky isn't captain material in my mind. But each to their own i suppose, you might be right
that's what i'm trying to say.
sorry if i didn't communicate well enough. i'm not English .
i tried to tell that, if we supposedly lack that raw leader talent, then we just should do what Portugal does, give the armband to the best player we have

Back
Top Bottom