53/71 points to 4th tracker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can only afford to lose three games.

However in some cases a draw will be as bad as a defeat.

Need to do a few PL predictors people.

Im still banking on us finishing fifth and it not getting CL.
Would think fifth would get CL. Is practically guaranteed if Bayern and Red Bull get knocked next week.

02/03/2024Crystal PalaceHW

✔️

10/03/2024Aston VillaAW
16/03/2024FulhamAW
30/03/2024Luton TownHW
02/04/2024West Ham UnitedAW
06/04/2024Nottingham ForestHW
13/04/2024Newcastle UnitedAW
20/04/2024Manchester CityHD
27/04/2024WoolwichHD
04/05/2024LiverpoolAD
11/05/2024BurnleyHW
19/05/2024Sheffield UnitedAW
TBAChelseaAD
PTSTOTAL PTS

02/03/2024Crystal PalaceHW

✔️

10/03/2024Aston VillaAW
16/03/2024FulhamAW
30/03/2024Luton TownHW
02/04/2024West Ham UnitedAW
06/04/2024Nottingham ForestHW
13/04/2024Newcastle UnitedAW
20/04/2024Manchester CityHD
27/04/2024WoolwichHD
04/05/2024LiverpoolAD
11/05/2024BurnleyHW
19/05/2024Sheffield UnitedAW
TBAChelseaAD
PTSTOTAL PTS
Unbeaten in our last 13 games??

With Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa and Newcastle away?

And Woolwich and City home?

:avbshit:

If you take into account the state of the Table after round 25, 4th place at 38 rounds has needed 24 points more than 4th place after 25 rounds (average of last 11 seasons; lowest +19 2015/16, highest +29 2013/14).
Villa were 49 points after round 25 so expect to need 49+24=73 points for 4th this season, although it could be anywhere between 68 and 78

18 more points needed after that Villa win. Five wins from 11 games.

Just 5 wins needed for 18 points.

3 points a win.

tenor.gif

Both us and Villa have been averaged 1.7 points a game over the last 10.

We’ve now got arguably our hardest run of 6 games this season. So to keep up that 1.7 would be a very very decent return.
Would take us up to the 71 mark too.

Huge NLD coming up. The current form team of the league against a team conceding goals for fun.

Fans really need to turn up and put real pressure on woolwich. That happens home win incoming……… early goal(s) for Woolwich. Doesn’t bear thinking about tbh.

Both us and Villa have been averaged 1.7 points a game over the last 10.

We’ve now got arguably our hardest run of 6 games this season. So to keep up that 1.7 would be a very very decent return.
Would take us up to the 71 mark too.

Huge NLD coming up. The current form team of the league against a team conceding goals for fun.

Fans really need to turn up and put real pressure on woolwich. That happens home win incoming……… early goal(s) for Woolwich. Doesn’t bear thinking about tbh.

If we got to 71 points that would be staggering. I just can't see it.

3 wins. 2 draws. 1 loss.
4 wins 2 losses.

2 wins 2 draws 2 losses maybe?

For me NLD is the key. If we win that I think we carry momentum. Get turned over in that and I see max 1 point from city, Liverpool and Chelsea games.

Agree with that.

It's most definitely a game where we will miss Kane, and also where Richarlison must start if fit, just for the added physicality he mighy offer.

If not, our forwards will make no impression on Saliba and Gabriel.

A draw would serve its purpose.

Good news, I have city winning the league by a point.

Bad news, I’ve got us finishing on 67 and fifth. 3 points behind Villa.
I agree 67 is probably about right.

Woolwich: Probably lose, possibly draw
Chelsea: Probably lose, possibly draw
Liverpool: Lose
Burnley: Win
Man City: Lose
Sheffield Utd: Probably win, possibly draw

So six points, possibly seven (or eight if we're lucky), but I can't see any more than that.

I can't see Newcastle and/or Man U winning all of their remaing 6 games, so assuming they lose at least one then six points should be enough for 4th (maybe) or 5th (most likley) . As for GD, we should be OK over Man U, but with our lot in full capitulation mode who really knows what will happen against Woolwich, Liverpool and Man City? What is virtually certain is that we will be behind Villa and Newcastle on GD so we'd need the extra point.

Edit: I've just seen that Man U play Newcastle so they definitely aren't both winning them all. And Man U have to play Woolwich too. Newcastle could win all six of theirs though if Man U roll over.

Last edited:
We'll probably just about get 5th. That'll be thanks to Newcastle having a poor start and united also being a shit show rather than us being brilliant. We'd get embarrassed in the champions league imo. Levy enic won't do what's required to get us to the level required to compete but they'll just be happy to get their 8 champions league games for their revenue.

We'll probably just about get 5th. That'll be thanks to Newcastle having a poor start and united also being a shit show rather than us being brilliant. We'd get embarrassed in the champions league imo. Levy enic won't do what's required to get us to the level required to compete but they'll just be happy to get their 8 champions league games for their revenue.
I agree, apart from the CL money; it will be useful for PSR and being in the CL may allow us to attract some decent players (well, assuming Levy is prepared to put up enough to pay for some decent players). As far as getting embarrassed in the CL? Quite likely, but let's at least try.

Back
Top Bottom