53/71 points to 4th tracker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to a podcast geezer, for the last 11 PL season, 71 points will get you fourth place. We’re currently on 47, so need another 8 wins from the remaining 13 games, or 7 wins and at least 3 draws 👀

Our remaining games are:
Palace (H) – W
Villa (A) – W
Fulham (A)
Luton (H)
West Ham (A)
Forest (H)
Newcastle (A)
City (H)
Arsenle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
Sheffield (H)
Chelsea (A)

Last edited:
Er, all that means is that if we get 71 points we would have got top 4 in the last 11 seasons. Not necessarily this one.

This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

Indeed.

If Villa match our points tally over their remaining games, they'll finish at least 4th.
They have a harder run home than us and two European games. From Saturday they’ll be playing 5 games in 15 days . Anyway, this thread isn’t about what the other teams are doing, it’s just an interesting game to see if we can get to 71 points and what that means at the end of the season.

They have a harder run home than us and two European games. From Saturday they’ll be playing 5 games in 15 days . Anyway, this thread isn’t about what the other teams are doing, it’s just an interesting game to see if we can get to 71 points and what that means at the end of the season.
It means 71 points is enough.

Or not.

According to a podcast geezer, for the last 11 PL season, 71 points will get you fourth place. We’re currently on 47, so need another 8 wins from the remaining 13 games, or 7 wins and at least 3 draws 👀

Our remaining games are:
Palace (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
Luton (H)
West Ham (A)
Forest (H)
Newcastle (A)
City (H)
Arsenle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
Sheffield (H)
Chelsea (A)
It's going to be close. If we hit form we'll be hard to stop. But we are all just waiting to see if the highwater mark of the first ten games was simply the shock of the new or if its form we can regain. Honestly I don't know.

It's going to be close. If we hit form we'll be hard to stop. But we are all just waiting to see if the highwater mark of the first ten games was simply the shock of the new or if its form we can regain. Honestly I don't know.
We won those ten games with a dysfunctional forward line thanks to the midfield and defence. We need the fullbacks back and the midfield to pull its finger out.

100%. I have no idea WTF is going to happen in that month. We also have Liverpool away immediately after of course, but we're obviously going to lose that one. It's a tough run-in.
It’s a shame we don’t play them now as I think they’ll have less of a problem with injuries by the time we get to them. Still, if we’re in form then, then you never know. Ange teams usually finish seasons strongly

Our remaining games are:
Palace (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
Luton (H)
West Ham (A)
Forest (H)
Newcastle (A)
City (H)
Arsenle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
Sheffield (H)
Chelsea (A)

I’d change podcasts if I were you! That’s a bullshit stat!
Last 11 seasons….. was that in Scotland??
:dawsonlol: :dawsonlol:

And even so 24 points in 13* (not 8!!) games is essentially the PPG which has got us to 5th place. Which tells you it’s not quite good enough.

Chances are we will need more. Be interesting to see anyway.

Last edited:
I’d change podcasts if I were you! That’s a bullshit stat!
Last 11 seasons….. was that in Scotland??
:dawsonlol: :dawsonlol:

And even so 24 points in 8 games is essentially the PPG which has got us to 5th place. Which tells you it’s not quite good enough.

Chances are we will need more. Be interesting to see anyway.

24 points in 8 games is a PPG that'd seen us win the league mate. What are you on? 😂

And the exact reason why that isn't happening

Back
Top Bottom