53/71 points to 4th tracker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Er, all that means is that if we get 71 points we would have got top 4 in the last 11 seasons. Not necessarily this one.

This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

According to a podcast geezer, for the last 11 PL season, 71 points will get you fourth place. We’re currently on 47, so need another 8 wins from the remaining 13 games, or 7 wins and at least 3 draws 👀

Our remaining games are:
Palace (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
Luton (H)
West Ham (A)
Forest (H)
Newcastle (A)
City (H)
Arsenle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
Sheffield (H)
Chelsea (A)
It's going to be close. If we hit form we'll be hard to stop. But we are all just waiting to see if the highwater mark of the first ten games was simply the shock of the new or if its form we can regain. Honestly I don't know.

02/03/2024Crystal PalaceHW
10/03/2024Aston VillaAW
16/03/2024FulhamAW
30/03/2024Luton TownHW
02/04/2024West Ham UnitedAW
06/04/2024Nottingham ForestHW
13/04/2024Newcastle UnitedAW
20/04/2024Manchester CityHD
27/04/2024WoolwichHD
04/05/2024LiverpoolAD
11/05/2024BurnleyHW
19/05/2024Sheffield UnitedAW
TBAChelseaAD
PTSTOTAL PTS
why u so negative ?

This thread really highlights our drop off.

In a two horse race with Villa something has gone seriously wrong.

Players performing under pressure?
The fact we just had more difficult games?
A feeling after Villa it was ours to lose seems a long time ago.

This alongside our drop off in goals scored probably most worrying factor to me.

3 games to get to 66 points and 75+ goals scored. That has to be the target now.

Confidence dented massively from the Fulham game, I think.

The drop off in performance from that Villa game to Fulham within one week was staggering. Almost felt like Tyson going into the Buster Douglas fight thinking we'd walk over them due to past results.

Since that game, our players have absolutely shat themselves at the sight of any opposing pressure. But tbh, it wasn't the recent fixtures and results that have cost us. It was the November/December period when we lost our key players (who were in form) and dropped points at home to Villa (when we should have won) and not hanging on against the likes of Wolves.

Villa have done all they could to hand us top four. Got a man sent off and lost to us at home. Then dropped points the following week. Threw away a 2 goal leads to both Brentford and Chelsea over the last month. Lost to Brighton...

If anything the pressure has got to them more than it's got to us. We just haven't been able to capitalise.

But so is the way of Tottenham. I've seen seasons like this for over 20 years now. Start seasons well, little blip in the middle, pick up form again only to end the season poorly. From Jol, to Redknapp, to AVB, to Poch to Conte.

Mentality is weak through the core of the club

More than 10 years ago...

Dont let this be another one if those threads...

Too late.

The thread exists and 24 points in not going to be enough to get 4th.

We are 100% living in the matrix where everything repeats itself.

We'll probably just about get 5th. That'll be thanks to Newcastle having a poor start and united also being a shit show rather than us being brilliant. We'd get embarrassed in the champions league imo. Levy enic won't do what's required to get us to the level required to compete but they'll just be happy to get their 8 champions league games for their revenue.

Confidence dented massively from the Fulham game, I think.

The drop off in performance from that Villa game to Fulham within one week was staggering. Almost felt like Tyson going into the Buster Douglas fight thinking we'd walk over them due to past results.

Since that game, our players have absolutely shat themselves at the sight of any opposing pressure. But tbh, it wasn't the recent fixtures and results that have cost us. It was the November/December period when we lost our key players (who were in form) and dropped points at home to Villa (when we should have won) and not hanging on against the likes of Wolves.

Villa have done all they could to hand us top four. Got a man sent off and lost to us at home. Then dropped points the following week. Threw away a 2 goal leads to both Brentford and Chelsea over the last month. Lost to Brighton...

If anything the pressure has got to them more than it's got to us. We just haven't been able to capitalise.

But so is the way of Tottenham. I've seen seasons like this for over 20 years now. Start seasons well, little blip in the middle, pick up form again only to end the season poorly. From Jol, to Redknapp, to AVB, to Poch to Conte.

Mentality is weak through the core of the club

Absolutely, Fulham was the key one. We produced genuinely commanding performance in a huge game away at Villa and we got massively complacent. The Fulham game was an enormous kick to the balls and caused total panic because we had mostly brutal fixtures left after that.

That’s the problem with our team and our club in general. They get complacent very quickly and when that complacency is punctured they immediately lose all confidence. Villa were there for the taking we didn’t have the courage to believe it.

Absolutely, Fulham was the key one. We produced genuinely commanding performance in a huge game away at Villa and we got massively complacent. The Fulham game was an enormous kick to the balls and caused total panic because we had mostly brutal fixtures left after that.

That’s the problem with our team and our club in general. They get complacent very quickly and when that complacency is punctured they immediately lose all confidence. Villa were there for the taking we didn’t have the courage to believe it.

Fulham are a really decent side and I can understand teams losing there, but for me it was the nature of the thumping which concerned me so much and which saw me lose even more faith in Ange.

I also have to say, people got far too carried away with the Villa win. It was never a 4 nil match. Yes we did play well, and we were clinical, but the scoreline hugely flattered us, Villa were well in the game until the sending off.

In my mind we haven't been that convincing in pretty much any game since Chelsea at home, I may be missing one or two but that is about it at most.

It's going to be close. If we hit form we'll be hard to stop. But we are all just waiting to see if the highwater mark of the first ten games was simply the shock of the new or if its form we can regain. Honestly I don't know.
We won those ten games with a dysfunctional forward line thanks to the midfield and defence. We need the fullbacks back and the midfield to pull its finger out.

I’d change podcasts if I were you! That’s a bullshit stat!
Last 11 seasons….. was that in Scotland??
:dawsonlol: :dawsonlol:

And even so 24 points in 8 games is essentially the PPG which has got us to 5th place. Which tells you it’s not quite good enough.

Chances are we will need more. Be interesting to see anyway.

24 points in 8 games is a PPG that'd seen us win the league mate. What are you on? 😂

And the exact reason why that isn't happening

Back
Top Bottom