#33 We won the league in black and white

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been looking forward to this since last Friday! COYS - love the podcast and the shirt.

Rosie47 said:
Someone said "I don't want them to say 'We won you the league'". Think that sums it up nicely.

Better than not winning the league at all. I don't get the argument tbh. Spurs always ALWAYS first no matter what. Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Life and death>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Woolwich

Flav said:
I hate Woolwich as much as I love Spurs.

Again, if you grew up around them giving you constant verbal you'd feel the same. If you didn't you wouldn't.

Grown up around Chelsea though, and feel the same way about that.

Will never, ever, agree with you on this.

Seems perverse to me that it's even in discussion.

For me the argument is do you hate Woolwich more than you love Spurs. If you wouldn't want them to win and us win the league I would say you hate Woolwich more than love Spurs. Not qualifying that as wrong, can understand it totally.

Interesting reverse argument.

Spurs need to win to not get relegated. We're playing United. If we win we stay up but Woolwich win the league. If we lose we go down but Woolwich don't win the league. How would you feel about that?

Rosie47 said:
Someone said "I don't want them to say 'We won you the league'". Think that sums it up nicely.

We'd get it a lot worse if they lost and we didn't win the league though. They'd be taking the piss for years. Who gives a fuck if they say They won us the league? We can laugh at them winning fuck all again whilst were celebrating winning the LEAGUE.

I know it would feel disgusting cheering them on, but anything that benefits Spurs should be supported, if its not, then its more being an anti-woolwich fan then being a Spurs fan. Come on.

linnet_spur said:
For me the argument is do you hate Woolwich more than you love Spurs. If you wouldn't want them to win and us win the league I would say you hate Woolwich more than love Spurs. Not qualifying that as wrong, can understand it totally.

Spurs need to win to not get relegated. We're playing United. If we win we stay up but Woolwich win the league. If we lose we go down but Woolwich don't win the league. How would you feel about that?

I would never ever wish for a positive Woolwich result. I would never be happy for an Woolwich victory. I could never for one moment ever watch a Woolwich game and think 'I hope they score.'

I hate Woolwich as much as I love Tottenham. No scenario will change that.

Their joy is my unhappiness.

I had mates when I was a kid switch from Spurs to the scum. Whilst not leaving near a Gooner hot bed I really do hate those cunts. I'm a Spurs supporter first and Woolwich hater second. Even though they go hand in hand LovIng Spurs > hating Woolwich. Spurs comes first

Flannerz said:
I had mates when I was a kid switch from Spurs to the scum. Whilst not leaving near a Gooner hot bed I really do hate those cunts. I'm a Spurs supporter first and Woolwich hater second. Even though they go hand in hand LovIng Spurs > hating Woolwich. Spurs comes first

Same for me, and I totally agree.

I'm with tehTrunk on this one.

Flav said:

Again, if you grew up around them giving you constant verbal you'd feel the same. If you didn't you wouldn't.

I think that's an absolute bullshit statement. As I've said, I grew up in a very similar situation but for the fact that the throngs of intolerable fans I had to deal with supported a team that never won anything and still managed to have some sort of superiority complex. Yet, I will ALWAYS take a positive result for the White Sox over a poor result for the Cubs. The phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' comes to mind.

ChicagoDan said:
Flav said:

The phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' comes to mind.

I am growing up. I live in Herts in a heavily Arseanal area. The local social clubs all arseanal. But I'd still take an Arseanal win if it won Spurs the league.
True we would never hear the end of it. But surely winning the league would lead to brilliant things in the season that would follow.
So yea, i'd take an arseanal win for a Spurs title.

nothing... NOTHING compares to the hatred spurs (should) have for this despicable excuse for a football club. those genocidal, ethnic cleansing instigators of crimes against football and humanity. for woolwich to spurs read afrikaans to black south africans during apartheid; nazis to gypsies, jews and gays during ww2; turks to armenians during the last days of the ottoman empire.

Flav said:
linnet_spur said:

I would never ever wish for a positive Woolwich result. I would never be happy for an Woolwich victory. I could never for one moment ever watch a Woolwich game and think 'I hope they score.'

I hate Woolwich as much as I love Tottenham. No scenario will change that.

Their joy is my unhappiness.

You'd accept us being relegated so Woolwich don't win? Wow. That's just incredible to me. You're choice (or not even a choice as it's just how you feel), but personally I can't get my head around that. SPurs first always and by a long way

Thelonious said:
Fuck Woolwich, I wouldn't be a gooner for 90 minutes which is effectively what the question was. Fuck em!

Wanting a team to win to benefit your own team isn't being a fan of that team. It's wanting what is best for your own team. Tottenham first always

linnet_spur said:
Thelonious said:
Fuck Woolwich, I wouldn't be a gooner for 90 minutes which is effectively what the question was. Fuck em!

Wanting a team to win to benefit your own team isn't being a fan of that team. It's wanting what is best for your own team. Tottenham first always
I'd never want them to win any game, I wouldn't celebrate their goals or any victory for them. Fuck that shit. Doesn't matter about spinning this whole "hating them more than loving Spurs" rhetoric.

I won't be watching their game, punching the air when they score. Regardless. I can't watch them play thinking "I hope RVP gets a hat-trick so we win the league" or "come on Woolwich". Just can't do that.

Don't even get me started on fantasy football.

Thelonious said:
I won't be watching their game, punching the air when they score. Regardless. I can't watch them play thinking "I hope RVP gets a hat-trick so we win the league" or "come on Woolwich". Just can't do that.

Don't even get me started on fantasy football.

Yeah I do agree in a way. I couldn't watch it.

Ideal result would be match abandoned due to the team we're competing with having too many players red carded (each red card for breaking an Woolwich players leg). :whistle:

It's funny how a throwaway question has dominated this thread! :roflmao:

Rob was awesome, he barely remembers the second half of the show!

Yes, sorry, forgot this was a thread about the episode. I blame the scum.

Rob was a great addition this week, some fantastic stories, very enjoyable.

Trunk reading the 60-61 Chaiman's notes in the old newsreader voice was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom