2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup well done Chelsea youth. You win a cup tie for fans that believe fans should be quiet for youth ties, safe in the knowledge that you will be loaned to Europe and eventually sold while not a single plastic flag waving tosser in that ground today outside of family members will even remember you existed.

Tragic.

I am a bit annoyed with the fighting cock. This is the exactly the sort of event they should be getting behind and organizing. We need our players to play in front of big, noisy crowds. It also builds the bond between player and fan.

I understand where this post is coming from, but it is frustrating to read. We were aware of the impact that vocal support has on the young players when we started in 2012 and especially when 1300 turned up at Underhill. There's a lot more that goes into setting these games up than naming a date and turning up. If we can't do it there's always good reason.
We'll promote the away game heavily on the next pod.

I've emailed the club to ask about publicising this match more ... it's a fantastic opportunity to get a really good turnout to support the youth team. Winning the FA Youth Cup would be fantastic for the academy, and really cap off a year that has seen a first XI including 5 regular players who have come through the ranks at WHL.

Can we make it Semi Final rather than 1/2 Final in the title?

I don't know why it annoys me so much but it does. Just looks wrong. :gallas:

Judging by the people I spoke to tonight, there will be plenty of people at the away leg!

Fun fact: tonight is the 1st time all season in either the FA Youth Cup or U18 league that Chelsea have failed to score.

Bump!

After the 5-3 win at Newcastle tonight, we will play Chelsea in another two legged FA Youth Cup semi final.

Who is up for another trip to Stamford Bridge? The youth cup trip before was brilliant!

I am sure SpursLegend SpursLegend will be able to confirm exactly who the lad from SC is but whoever he is he came out with a cracking chant for Armani Daly tonight:

Armani woooah,
Armani woooah,
He plays at White Hart Lane,
He's stylish like his name.

Right outta the top drawer that one.

Wednesday = student night.
428x608_student-night-2.jpg

I wont be getting down to the pub in Victoria until 3.40pm , Cant wait for us to be smashing the district line train banging the roof etc chanting "F**** Racist bastards* and "YIDS YIDS YIDS" !!! , I take it that we are getting the train from Victoria to Fulham Broadway ?
Absolute hooligan you mate

Presumably the families don't take their children to Stamford Bridge very often then, and this was their first exposure to anything that wasn't hissing, talking through minute-silences, or pushing black people off trains..

Really enjoyed that. Felt brilliant watching a game of football free of hystrionics from the players, free of hyperbole from the commentators, and free of the soap opera of the premier league where the tv companies are often more interested in what the manager is up to on the bench rather than the actual football on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom