2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am sure SpursLegend SpursLegend will be able to confirm exactly who the lad from SC is but whoever he is he came out with a cracking chant for Armani Daly tonight:

Armani woooah,
Armani woooah,
He plays at White Hart Lane,
He's stylish like his name.

Right outta the top drawer that one.

I am sure SpursLegend SpursLegend will be able to confirm exactly who the lad from SC is but whoever he is he came out with a cracking chant for Armani Daly tonight:

Armani woooah,
Armani woooah,
He plays at White Hart Lane,
He's stylish like his name.

Right outta the top drawer that one.
I thought oh god its make or break time when he said "He plays at white hart lane" wondering what was coming after as i could not think of anything but when he said "He's Stylish like his name" i was like wow that sounds great! and we all started singing it

Thought Onomah was dominant tonight. Won so many balls in the midfield.

Glad to see so much love for Amos in this thread. He surprised me the most at the United game and I thought he was really quality again tonight.

Our CB pairing is qualify with CCV and Maghoma. Two great players, Carter-Vickers looks a solid bet for the first team.

Roll on the disagrees and controversy but I thought the songs went a bit too far with some of the Chelsea racism stuff. Obviously when it's a first team game it is a bit different as they are adults and you can shame the Chelsea fans it makes sense. But when there is almost no Chelsea fans there and the situation is incessantly yelling at 16-18 year old black kid, "number (blank), you're off the train" I found it very uncomfortable. Didn't like it all. While they are Chelsea and their fans are scumbags I didn't feel good at all about the crowds yelling that type of stuff at teenagers. For a first team game when large numbers of Chelsea fans are there it makes sense but with almost no opposing fans and the kids playing it just didn't feel right. I understand if you disagree but it just made me feel a bit comfortable.

CCV and Walker-Peters were immense. Onomah his usual swaggering rolls-royce stylee - he really is on a different level.

Brilliant effort all round. But CCV gets better every time I see him play.

Just got in. Absolute nightmare being in Canters for uni. Really enjoyed the night, can't wait till the next leg. Also that Asian bloke at the end, did he have glasses and a light tan coat? If so he wasn't Asain. That was my Dad...

Glad to see so much love for Amos in this thread. He surprised me the most at the United game and I thought he was really quality again tonight.

Our CB pairing is qualify with CCV and Maghoma. Two great players, Carter-Vickers looks a solid bet for the first team.

Roll on the disagrees and controversy but I thought the songs went a bit too far with some of the Chelsea racism stuff. Obviously when it's a first team game it is a bit different as they are adults and you can shame the Chelsea fans it makes sense. But when there is almost no Chelsea fans there and the situation is incessantly yelling at 16-18 year old black kid, "number (blank), you're off the train" I found it very uncomfortable. Didn't like it all. While they are Chelsea and their fans are scumbags I didn't feel good at all about the crowds yelling that type of stuff at teenagers. For a first team game when large numbers of Chelsea fans are there it makes sense but with almost no opposing fans and the kids playing it just didn't feel right. I understand if you disagree but it just made me feel a bit comfortable.
I see what you're saying but for me these games are about supporting our players and abusing the opposition fans and players as much as possible without crossing the line. Basically treating it like an adult game to get the youths used to it.
I don't think we crossed that line tbh. Big difference between racially cussing a black kid and poking fun at how his own club treats black people. As a man of colour I loved the chants tbh.

I see what you're saying but for me these games are about supporting our players and abusing the opposition fans and players as much as possible without crossing the line. Basically treating it like an adult game to get the youths used to it.
I don't think we crossed that line tbh. Big difference between racially cussing a black kid and poking fun at how his own club treats black people. As a man of colour I loved the chants tbh.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying. But I think the youth games are more about supporting our players and light heartedly taking the piss out of the other team. Like the songs about the Chelsea subs wearing gloves even though it isn't cold is more the spirit of the youth games for me.

When the "you're off the train" thing had been sung for the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th etc. time it just felt like waaaaay overkill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was offensive or anything I just think it's tonally wrong for a youth game. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I have a hard time justifying giving real serious abuse to 16-18 year olds regardless of what club they play for. I just thought it got a bit too personal.

I'm not trying to be some morality police or make any judgements all I'm saying is a small number of songs made me PERSONALLY feel slightly uncomfortably with it being a youth game. On a whole the support was phenomenal and I had an absolute blast. Up the Spurs.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying. But I think the youth games are more about supporting our players and light heartedly taking the piss out of the other team. Like the songs about the Chelsea subs wearing gloves even though it isn't cold is more the spirit of the youth games for me.

When the "you're off the train" thing had been sung for the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th etc. time it just felt like waaaaay overkill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was offensive or anything I just think it's tonally wrong for a youth game. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I have a hard time justifying giving real serious abuse to 16-18 year olds regardless of what club they play for. I just thought it got a bit too personal.

I'm not trying to be some morality police or make any judgements all I'm saying is a small number of songs made me PERSONALLY feel slightly uncomfortably with it being a youth game. On a whole the support was phenomenal and I had an absolute blast. Up the Spurs.

But would it be any different if those 16-18 year olds were playing for the first team?

So I may have just stayed awake until 3:00am to re-watch the game.

Cameron Carter-Vickers was immense, especially for the last fifteen minutes or so, his positional sense is that of an established centre back, he could probably do with growing a couple of inches but even without that he is going to be a top top player.

I thought Luke Amos was very impressive tonight, he was very industrious and did a lot of the leg work in the midfield that allowed Onomah a bit more free roam. His performance was reminiscent of some recent Bentaleb performances, the way he moved the ball on quickly was fundamental to our counter attacking play.

I thought Onomah as always had flashes of brilliance but wasn't quite at his absolute best, undoubted a shoe in for first team football thought.

Kyle Walker-Peters was excellent going forward in the first half and showed good footballing nous to settle down a bit when we were under fire in the second half.

Need not to get carried away though, this tie is far from over.

So I may have just stayed awake until 3:00am to re-watch the game.

Cameron Carter-Vickers was immense, especially for the last fifteen minutes or so, his positional sense is that of an established centre back, he could probably do with growing a couple of inches but even without that he is going to be a top top player.

I thought Luke Amos was very impressive tonight, he was very industrious and did a lot of the leg work in the midfield that allowed Onomah a bit more free roam. His performance was reminiscent of some recent Bentaleb performances, the way he moved the ball on quickly was fundamental to our counter attacking play.

I thought Onomah as always had flashes of brilliance but wasn't quite at his absolute best, undoubted a shoe in for first team football thought.

Kyle Walker-Peters was excellent going forward in the first half and showed good footballing nous to settle down a bit when we were under fire in the second half.

Need not to get carried away though, this tie is far from over.
Windy is silently planning to have you bumped off right now; you're edging in on his territory.

the next John Terry could be in that team

Arrived at the Lane about 6-20 pm , and parked next to Park Lane ticket office, glad I did because they closed off Park Lane and other roads to through traffic!!!!!
I know they expected some attendance but only a hundred Chavs turned up !

Back
Top Bottom