1882 vs the Drum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really sure what makes me a misery guts?. I freely admitted that the drummer is needed & more than welcome at Premier League home games but think he will have a detrimental impact on the '1882 experience' at Europa games.
Just my opinion & i hope to be proved wrong.
Thanks for your input to the debate though.

But if the drum wasn't banned, it would have been at 1882 games anyway. After all, it was there at Charlton when it all started, but got confiscated. I don't think it will be detrimental, it'll take some getting used to, the drummer doesn't need to be a stand alone thing. Anybody is welcome to be part of 1882, whether it's a drummer, some bloke with a loudspeaker, anyone. If it doesn't work out, we move on, but to not even try is a little short-sighted. Also, the games were chosen by the club, if it's for a trial period, then why would it be for premier league games indefinitely when it can be done in cup competitions? It's a huge step to get the drum back, while I realise it's something that polarises opinion, the intention is to help improve the atmosphere and that can't really be a bad thing can it?

It's the same argument as 1882 being "forced singing" really.

But if the drum wasn't banned, it would have been at 1882 games anyway. After all, it was there at Charlton when it all started, but got confiscated. I don't think it will be detrimental, it'll take some getting used to, the drummer doesn't need to be a stand alone thing. Anybody is welcome to be part of 1882, whether it's a drummer, some bloke with a loudspeaker, anyone. If it doesn't work out, we move on, but to not even try is a little short-sighted. Also, the games were chosen by the club, if it's for a trial period, then why would it be for premier league games indefinitely when it can be done in cup competitions? It's a huge step to get the drum back, while I realise it's something that polarises opinion, the intention is to help improve the atmosphere and that can't really be a bad thing can it?

It's the same argument as 1882 being "forced singing" really.

86185-Chandler-Joey-Friends-clap-cla-m6AJ.gif

I'd stick it right behind the goal and only use it in one half. No way a goalkeeper would be able to concentrate and have a blinder with some lunatic hitting a drum for 45 minutes.

If we are thinking the drum is going to make a difference ( considering it's controlled from on high), we are going to look like like saps - if we don't already. Terrible idea IMO.

It isn't about making a difference, it is about adding to the noise.

I don't think anyone here is saying that without the drum it will be really quiet at 1882 matches.

It isn't about making a difference, it is about adding to the noise.

I don't think anyone here is saying that without the drum it will be really quiet at 1882 matches.
No, and I'm not either, but it's the league games that need enlivening. Everyone just shouted 'Yids' anyway. I was probably a bit harsh last night, but what is encouraging is that the club has noticed, and is trying to address the lack of atmosphere, they're just starting with the wrong games IMO.

No, and I'm not either, but it's the league games that need enlivening. Everyone just shouted 'Yids' anyway. I was probably a bit harsh last night, but what is encouraging is that the club has noticed, and is trying to address the lack of atmosphere, they're just starting with the wrong games IMO.

Same. I just got the hump with the fact that it was going to be at Europa games where i didn't think it was needed.
But, as mentioned by others, at least the club recognises that something needs to be done & is taking steps to address the issue. A step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom