1882 vs the Drum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nutter-Naylor

Supporter
TheSpursDrum 3m
Drum is back for a trial. Starting with the Europa league games #COYS

Saw this on GG to which i replied

Interesting though that it is for Europa games. Not sure it is really needed as 1882 usually generate decent atmosphere for those matches. It is Premier League games that are morgue-like & where the help is required.

TheSpursDrum 3m
Drum is back for a trial. Starting with the Europa league games #COYS

Saw this on GG to which i replied

Interesting though that it is for Europa games. Not sure it is really needed as 1882 usually generate decent atmosphere for those matches. It is Premier League games that are morgue-like & where the help is required.
I'm thinking they might be introducing it only at Europa games as it'll lead to the Yid chant? The club will monitor it and I doubt it'll ever be brought back for home league games.

How can "more" atmosphere at 1882 games be detrimental?

The 1882 games are fun because of the spontaneous & funny chants as well as the new songs that are created. There is 90+ mins of continuous singing & merrymaking without the need for a drum.
Difficult for someone to get a new song going when it is being drowned out with
boom, boom, boom b boom boom boom YIDS.........

I am all for it at Prem games though.

Personally think bringing back the drum at all home games would be brilliant. I don't think it would cause a problem for 1882, the drum would at least help to get everyone singing the same songs at the same time, one thing that gets annoying at 1882 games is when the people in the 1882 block are singing a completely different song to people elsewhere in the ground, just dilutes the atmosphere.

Personally think bringing back the drum at all home games would be brilliant. I don't think it would cause a problem for 1882, the drum would at least help to get everyone singing the same songs at the same time, one thing that gets annoying at 1882 games is when the people in the 1882 block are singing a completely different song to people elsewhere in the ground, just dilutes the atmosphere.
That's down to how the noise travels around WHL more than the 1882 mob deciding to sing different songs, I think getting the drum in for the Europa League is better than nothing and it shows progress. It's great news.

That's down to how the noise travels around WHL more than the 1882 mob deciding to sing different songs.

Yeah, that was sort of what I meant, that people in one block can't really hear what people in another block are singing, at least with the drum it's almost like having a conductor leading things.

Definitely a start, it'll be good if they eventually let it back in for all games though.

Back
Top Bottom