1882 Notes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many on average attend the 1882 designated 'block'?
Completely determined by the circumstances. If it's well publicised and the block is on sale to home fans straight away, nearly the whole block will be full of 1882 (especially towards the back). So in block 35, what's that? 500?

However Nottingham Forest, block 35 was originally an away block and it only went on sale to home fans at the last minute. I'd say there was 150 max who were there specifically for 1882.

Woolwich U21 away in 2013 was publicised for weeks/months before and there were over 1000 there. But then there's the odd youth game at WHL where it's literally 40/50 people there just having a laugh and singing funny songs, rather than creating an atmosphere (e.g. Southampton the other week).

Completely determined by the circumstances. If it's well publicised and the block is on sale to home fans straight away, nearly the whole block will be full of 1882 (especially towards the back). So in block 35, what's that? 500?

However Nottingham Forest, block 35 was originally an away block and it only went on sale to home fans at the last minute. I'd say there was 150 max who were there specifically for 1882.

Woolwich U21 away in 2013 was publicised for weeks/months before and there were over 1000 there. But then there's the odd youth game at WHL where it's literally 40/50 people there just having a laugh and singing funny songs, rather than creating an atmosphere (e.g. Southampton the other week).

depends on the time / day as well. Midweek kick offs can be a pain but the U21 derby at WHL last season was a friday night 7pm kick off.

A group of football fans that wear adidas trainers and act hard but dont back it up...?

How do you pick them out of the rest?
The Schooligans. The Woolwich game at Barnet was packed out with them. You couldn't move for Hamburg's, Beckenbauer's, Gazelle MK 1's and Speziales being waved around your head. It was like being an extra in This Is England.

The Schooligans. The Woolwich game at Barnet was packed out with them. You couldn't move for Hamburg's, Beckenbauer's, Gazelle MK 1's and Speziales being waved around your head. It was like being an extra in This Is England.

Which trainers do we all wear now to distance ourselves? Is it New Balance? Please be New Balance! Mums got about 4 pairs of 'em I can jib.

Shoe waving was an easy stick to beat 1882 with, in all honesty it didn't bother me too much. People get too obsessed with image and what others think about them.

1882 is primarily its about supporting, there is no "How to Support Properly" guide book, so as long as it stays within the boundaries of acceptable i.e racism, violence etc, who is to say you cant take your shoe off?

F*ck it i am taking my shoe off now and pogoing to the toilet. Yiddo!!! yiddo!!

Shoe waving was an easy stick to beat 1882 with, in all honesty it didn't bother me too much. People get too obsessed with image and what others think about them.

1882 is primarily its about supporting, there is no "How to Support Properly" guide book, so as long as it stays within the boundaries of acceptable i.e racism, violence etc, who is to say you cant take your shoe off?

F*ck it i am taking my shoe off now and pogoing to the toilet. Yiddo!!! yiddo!!
:adethumbup:

:townhmm:

This season has been an absolute nightmare to arrange them.
Baring the friendly v Schalke they have been underwhelming. For example we've found out that block 34 is available for Brighton, but it goes on sale tomorrow. Ideally, like last season, we'd have 3 weeks before the on sale date. This problem will only go away when the new stadium is built.

Baring the friendly v Schalke they have been underwhelming. For example we've found out that block 34 is available for Brighton, but it goes on sale tomorrow. Ideally, like last season, we'd have 3 weeks before the on sale date. This problem will only go away when the new stadium is built.
Surely the Partizan match will be 1882-able? Realise that you won't know exactly what blocks will be available from the club until the nearer the time but might be worth getting the word out for it early doors...

Cos there will be 10,000 spare seats going at this kind of game right?

Should say that most of the spare blocks are in the upper tiers which we've agreed not to use. Would also be a lot easier if we could use them

Back
Top Bottom