1882 announcement: Tottenham v Asteras Tripoli – Block 35

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nFE8h4N.jpg

#Legend

Don't want to piss on the parade or anything, but what really worries me is the lack of organisation in our back 4. Who are they lining up with, who is the leader there? If Dier wasn't playing someone on it was Davies. If those two were upfield either Fazio or Vertonghen were behind one or the other.
We were really lucky not to concede a couple of times early in the first half, yet it was not rectified at all during the 90 mins.
If you are going to play the high line, surely someone has got to be the leader there and keep them in line.
It was a shambles and better teams would have punished us.

I like MP and his style of play. However, I mentioned to my mate when he joined that I was not to convinced with his defensive attributes at Southampton (especially as he was a CB himself), as we were supposedly bad at defending that season & they were 5 off conceding as many as we were - with defenders that have been sold for colossal sums like Lovren, Shaw & Chambers. They also had a good defender in Clyne.
He said I was being a bit pessimistic and it meant nothing.
We need to sort that out. We have slow CB's in Kaboul, Vertonghen & Fazio, even Dier is not too fast and has had a speed coach in his career, and if we are playing this style of defending with our type of CB it's imperative that we are at least organised.
It was an inevitability that Hugo would get caught one way or the other. The law of averages says that.

I love the fact that we've just won 5-1, scored a worldy, and hes not happy. Cant think of the last time we've has a manager with a proper attitude, a winners attitude

Meh, with our first choice back four we'll be fine, Walker/Kaboul/Rose are the ones who usually deal with balls over the top so I think we can be forgiven for being so poor against them when we have 3 much, much slower players playing instead.

I love the fact that we've just won 5-1, scored a worldy, and hes not happy. Cant think of the last time we've has a manager with a proper attitude, a winners attitude
Just hope he doesn't end up losing some players by being too harsh. Keane is undeniably a winner; didn't make him a good manager.

I think it's right to be concerned about the defence, it was shit and it isn't the first time. I reckon the manager of the opposition just watched how we play and how we conceed and concluded we can't deal with balls over the top of our high line. It needs addressing and it's Poch who must do it and hopefully he knows how to fix it but as others have said it was the same at SH before us.

Having said all that, great game tonight. That goal from Lamela was just insane and Harry Kane showed why he should play in the Prem at the moment because he believes in himself and he's sharp. Our othert wo strikers aren't.

Back
Top Bottom