1882 announcement: Tottenham v Asteras Tripoli – Block 35

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back, what a night. I don't think I need to say how amazing 1882 is, 90 minutes singing without a single stop.

The game was absolutely brilliant. Obviously we dicked them. I still haven't seen a replay of Lamela's goal so I'm not quite sure if I was dreaming or not. Talk about a bounce back for Lamela, that is the type of mentality we've been waiting to see out of our squad and players. Have a bad game? Fuck it, go out and destroy next game. So proud of him tonight.

Harry Kane. What is there to say? One of my best moments supporting Spurs to be honest. Obviously his hat trick was phenomenal but seeing him in goal was about as fun as it gets. After he went in goal the all of 1882 just basically sung for him the rest of the game. Him waving to us after we were signing "Harry Kane, he's one of our own" almost brought a tear to my eye. What a man, great performance. Also, sat two seats down from Joe Clash Joe Clash very nice man, wish we could have talked more but when you spend 90 minutes singing where is the time?

After the game, ran into Flav Flav and he invited me down to the Bell & Hare. But things got a bit weird when he heard I was from Chicago. He started having some sort of crazy flashback to Chicago Dan and wanted to tattoo a Fighting Cock logo on my bollock. Shit was scary.

But really, Flav and his dad bought me a Red Stripe and everyone couldn't have been nicer to my ugly American self. Also, met Thelonious Thelonious briefly. I was starstruck in the face of the all the podcast fame.

Overall, what a night. Occasionally, you wonder why a football club means so much to you. Why watching 11 men kick a ball about can ruin your week. Why occasionally as an American you wake up at 6 in the morning to watch football. Tonight was just a reminder why it all is so important and why it means so much.

Up the Spurs, Up 1882. It was nice to meet everyone and thanks for being so kind to me. COYS!
So pleased for you JDK. You're one of the best posters on here, and your support to come over from America is wunnerful. T'was a grand ole night in Spurs history yesterday and you were part of it, great stuff.

So pissed I missed the game. I was at an absolute trainwreck of a work meeting and find out after what I missed. Anywhere I can see the entire game besides .gifs of the goals?

So glad I skipped out of work yesterday and told all my coworkers I had an "appointment." I won't soon be forgetting this match!
V3587Sg.jpg

What a game. Couldn't make it to the Lane but it looked like the most fun since Dnipro at home.
Love these Europa games.

A great night to remember and a fantastic showing from a home grown lad- what more could we want?
OK Champions League wouldn't be bad, but this was better than getting battered by Real Madrid surely?

What a great night, the best fun I've ever had at a match, just a shame it had to be on a Thursday im fucked this morning!

Especially enjoyed...

Fazio, duh duh d-duh duh
Fazio, duh d-duh duh
Fazio, duh duh d-duh duh duh, d-duh duh, d-duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh!
What tune is that?

similar to this, just a call and response song really.

TOTTENHAM
(response)
TOTTENHAM
(response)
NORTH LONDON IS BLUE AND WHITE
(response)
NORTH LONDON IS BLUE AND WHITE
(response)
FUCK OFF YOU SCUM IN RED
(response)
FUCK OFF YOU SCUM IN RED
(response)

*repeat ad infinitum*

Not that it needs saying but that incredible night of football was about one thing for me;

Perhaps an insignificant game in the context of the club, but it was a very fitting tribute to the man. The way we scored, the way we went forward and entertained, the beauty that is 1882, well it made me feel very proud of my club, it was magic. I think we all needed a night like that. RIP Bill Nick. Come on you Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom