#16 The dark days are over

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, now I'm sobering up and managed to read the posts.

None of the points you made justified them getting any abuse. None of the points we made overrated either player. Palacios or Pienaar don't deserve booing or ironic cheers. Pienaar isn't an out and out winger so any comparisons to Bale/Lennon are obsolete.

Fuck zonal marking.

The main thing we wanted to get out of it was that both players deserved support as long as they wear our shirt. Also, Pienaar was a bit of a pointless buy but as proved in San Siro he can do a job. He's not a chalk on the boots winger so once again, comparing him to Bale/Lennon is pointless.

I've caned Jenas and Crouch but as long as they were Spurs players I didn't give either abuse for 90 minutes or gave ironic cheers.

To say once again, Palacios or Pienaar don't deserve ironic cheers or boos.

A rambling rant from a half-cut frazzled mind but fuck it!

I've felt disappointment in our players, but never once booed or ironically cheered anyone. There is no point to it. All that is going to do is further fuck up a players' confidence. Anyone who does that can get fucked.

Now, taking the piss out of someone on the other hand............................

Thelonious Filth said:
Okay, now I'm sobering up and managed to read the posts.

None of the points you made justified them getting any abuse. None of the points we made overrated either player. Palacios or Pienaar don't deserve booing or ironic cheers. Pienaar isn't an out and out winger so any comparisons to Bale/Lennon are obsolete.

Fuck zonal marking.

The main thing we wanted to get out of it was that both players deserved support as long as they wear our shirt. Also, Pienaar was a bit of a pointless buy but as proved in San Siro he can do a job. He's not a chalk on the boots winger so once again, comparing him to Bale/Lennon is pointless.

I've caned Jenas and Crouch but as long as they were Spurs players I didn't give either abuse for 90 minutes or gave ironic cheers.

To say once again, Palacios or Pienaar don't deserve ironic cheers or boos.

A rambling rant from a half-cut frazzled mind but fuck it!

I'm totally not arguing with you on the abuse front - I have no problem with fans criticising players on Twitter/on forums/in pubs, but you go to WHL and you get behind the team IMO.

I guess I was mostly disagreeing with Chicago Dan on the Pienaar point - he is a very balanced fan, I'd say, and he says Pienaar hasn't had a chance. I would say that when you come to a club like we are now, where every player in the first XI is amongst the best in his position in the entire league, you have to take any chances you get - I don't think Pienaar's done that.

Re: Pienaar at the San Siro - I actually thought his performance was quite overrated that night, but I really must re-watch the game as I was buzzing off the occasion so much that I barely concentrated on what was in front of me.

I'm conflicted over Pienaar, he hasn't had a chance but not he's played good enough to dislodge anyone in our starting XI, San Siro performance aside he hasn't shown any form to push for a starting berth.

It's a squad game and I think if we play him in a more central/left sided role he can do well. He's never a winger and looks lost out there. Competing with VdV and Modrić is too big an ask! I can see him being sold in the summer.

I wouldn't say his performance at San Siro was overrated, he was tidy and effective more than being spectacular.

Couldn't agree more about getting behind our players. Surely supporters should by definition support. For years, be it Bent, Jenas, Keane, Crouch, Pienaar, Palacios it seems like the fans must have someone to get on the back of. I remember games when Jenas was having one of his better days, and then one pass goes astray and then everyone starts with the Jenas hating again. If a player isn't putting the effort in, then just maybe I can see why someone might want to boo, but you won't see me booing a player. I can't imagine many players being happy with themselves after making a mistake.

What's bad is I sing the jingle in my head then say 'no paedo' out loud.

Not a great thing to do when shopping in Tescos.

spooky said:
What's bad is I sing the jingle in my head then say 'no paedo' out loud.

Not a great thing to do when shopping in Tescos.

Could have been worse, mate, could have been in Toys R Us.

I played a couple of people at work the jingle, forgetting about the 'no paedo' bit and had to try to explain it away.

Thelonious Filth said:
Fuck zonal marking.

:roflmao:

Pienaar = always a marketing ploy to help generate ££ in SA along with whats'his'name
Palacios = good for what we needed at that time but team got better resulting in him not being needed

No players should get stick during a game and booing IMO is a big no-no. On forums, twitter etc though informed moaning and bitching about certain players is entirely justified and as Spurs fans should be encouraged

Back
Top Bottom