Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you could say the same about a lot of other players, especially under Pochettino.

Dembele being another. Though I must admit I was surprised how well we played against Stoke without Rose, Lamela and Dembele. We did look much better when Lamela came on though.

I want to try him as the #10 with Sissoko and Son flanking him. Superb sub appearance and on another day he leaves this game with 2 goals.

Very much so, that would be a good line up, personally think Lamela would be better in the middle, less about pace and power more about guile in central areas which suits him more.

Very much so, that would be a good line up, personally think Lamela would be better in the middle, less about pace and power more about guile in central areas which suits him more.
The fact that Lamela contributes to our defense constantly is a plus there! The lad has good work ethic and skills, it would be interesting to see him in the middle. However, when it comes to pass timing, Eriksen and Dele are very keen. That being said, Lamela seems to have more room for improvement, which is great! He brings more and more to the game every time I see him on the field!

was superb when he came on, a breath of fresh air

He was extremely wasteful. We were handed fantastic counter attacking opportunities and should've scored more goals. Most were squandered by an argentinian who seems to have returned to his most arrogant, nonchalant self. He could be great, but isn't.

I had high hopes ahead of this season, but he seems to think he's better than he is.

He was extremely wasteful.

lovely pass to Janssen who chose to shoot instead of the easy return

We were handed fantastic counter attacking opportunities and should've scored more goals.

but of course, opposition keeper MoTM again

Most were squandered by an argentinian who seems to have returned to his most arrogant, nonchalant self. He could be great, but isn't.

seems? could?

I had high hopes ahead of this season, but he seems to think he's better than he is.

5 games in?, clearly not

He was extremely wasteful. We were handed fantastic counter attacking opportunities and should've scored more goals. Most were squandered by an argentinian who seems to have returned to his most arrogant, nonchalant self. He could be great, but isn't.

What a load of old bollocks.

That lovely pass to Janssen was a simple pass in a 2v1 situation. Not bad, but nothing that the average third tier footballer couldn't do. Following that though, I agree that Janssen was the one to piss away that chance.

I'm not saying he can't still become great for us this season (but I have removed him from my fantasy team (which should probably turn his season around, such is my jinxing power)). To me, his body language is negative, he is chosing fancy over efficient time and time again (like he did when he first got here and most agreed that he was struggling), and he's back to losing the ball softly and dangerously (the Monaco loss first goal being the best, but far from only example).

did a lovely pass too against city, sunderland away as well last season but you're right both simple passes.

i'd suggest his body language is positive, endless running , not afraid to get stuck in, bit dirty ....what he needs to do is bottle tackles and not bother that'll get him on side of some fans....

Back
Top Bottom