Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same! I was thinking "its a decent meg, but it's nothing to get excited about, see them plenty".

His game is so casual. you can tell it comes so naturally to him.

I think all his problems with losing the ball in dangerous positions have been well ironed out of him and his confidence has improved and his decision making... when to pass and when to try and beat a man.

Physically he is so much more imposing.

Basically he looks like a player that has had the benefit of near enough three years experience in the prem under a consistent management and coaching regime.

Can only get better, let's pray for no injury and watch him thrive.

Indeed. I think his biggest weakness has become somewhat of a strength. It's quite obvious that he had the physique of an Aguero or Messi when he was younger, but hit a growth spurth quite late on which has harmed his ability to hold on to the ball like they do, with that low centre of gravity. On the other hand, he's now very, very physically imposing and has sort of found his feet in terms of being a tall(ish) player.

Another game effecting moment in the game today with his assist. Wasn't his best game today but he's always looking to get involved.

Even if he doesn't have the most fantastic game he is always giving his 110%. That penalty could have happened to anyone. It was unlucky but it was a pen...

Even if he doesn't have the most fantastic game he is always giving his 110%. That penalty could have happened to anyone. It was unlucky but it was a pen...
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the fact that Liverpool were offside in the build up to the penalty.

Shame about the penalty, but Lamela's had a good start unlike the others in the attacking unit from last year. With him and Janssen, there will be plenty of energy and pressing from the front.

Honestly?

I think Eriksen, Alli and Kane being shit are letting Lamela down big time. His best attribute is through balls and getting into the box late on to make up the numbers - people focus on Kane and he nicks in to score. That simply isn't possible when every single one of your colleagues is off form and not doing shit all...

Cq8uu4BXgAEcr8z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom