Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not only was he poor yesterday, he actually harms the team on the ball, constantly making the wrong decisions - rushing when he should slow it, slowing (mostly this) when he should have moved the ball fast.

This all looks like a confidence building piece of play to him. Just about all his activity on the ball is taking way too many touched under safe circumstances and then squaring it for a teammate, leaving the opposition loads of time to get into position. Abysmal.

We need to move him along fast, take whatever fee we can.

If you don't understand 3 years in, that in the PL your first touch either is a pass or a slide in your own direction of movement, then you never will.
i remember one bit of play yesterday, we intercepted the ball when they were attacking and it was quickly released to dembele in the middle of the park. for some reason, lamela was running around 1 yard in front of him actually blocking off 2 passing routes which resulted in leicester winning the ball back. so fucking frustrating

Sorry. I was wrong. At one point today, he was bursting forward & trod on the ball. That point, my whole faith was lost. He is NOT a premiership footballer. For his sake & ours he needs to go back to a slower league ( Scotland perhaps ?) I backed Soldado until I saw him against Hull, away, under Sherwood. But the man was so utterly woeful that day I knew there was no way back. It took 14/15 months but he finally went. Let's hope it does not take as long to lose Erik but lose him we must. He's not good enough for this league
Scotland? Slower league? You kidding? Its 100mph blood and snotters up here. You think he's a shitebag in England? Well, imagine him up here v the big hairy highlanders!!!

same people hating on lamela are the same who hypocritically backed 'nice guy' soldado. ..Oh and he scored today #spursy

God forbid we tell Sammy he was right eh?

Lets change the subject.

I thought he would do better in a free role behind the striker (I was against using him on the wing). He failed again. In my defense I was against how slow the team was in general but he was still a ghost when looking at an individual performance.

Can't believe people are trying to defend Lamela and saying the Chadli was just as bad...really? Did you watch the game? I'm not a fan of Chadli's but you are taking the piss if you think he played as badly as Lamela.

He's now into his third season here, he cost a lot of money, he's had time to settle here and learn the language, he's been here long enough to understand what the league takes so I don't think its unreasonable to expect him to play football to a decent standard. That's what he is being paid a lot of money to do.

Giving away silly fouls and getting booked seems to be all he contributes, we aren't good enough to carry passengers like this. Any bid over £10 mill should be grabbed with both hands!

How do you be stoked, but then sad and pissed off. We (a lot) were in raptures that he was going to something special.
and now it has been a bad financial dream.

got to hand it to levy and poch for being strong enough to make the decision to move him on.

Lamela to score in the Milan derby 13th Sept .. Put your house on it

We can only hope.. that'd probably mean Berahino would be here banging them in at the Lane and not looking, generally, like the fucking guy at pick-up who has some bit of skill so he decides to run at three guys and inevitably gets picked off while the rest of everyone is yelling their heads off to receive a decent fucking pass.

We can only hope.. that'd probably mean Berahino would be here banging them in at the Lane and not looking, generally, like the fucking guy at pick-up who has some bit of skill so he decides to run at three guys and inevitably gets picked off while the rest of everyone is yelling their heads off to receive a decent fucking pass.

Not being funny but is that a basketball thing?

If so like world cup doubles?!

It seems many are happier that they were right calling him shit, than him actually coming good. Pathetic

Yea, I accept defeat on this one, but at least I'm not a cynical cunt like some of you.

I'd much rather have too much faith in a player/manager than too little.

It seems many are happier that they were right calling him shit, than him actually coming good. Pathetic

Yea, I accept defeat on this one, but at least I'm not a cynical cunt like some of you.

I'd much rather have too much faith in a player/manager than too little.

Why can't someone who was bashed for years because of their opinion get a straight up: "Yes I was wrong" without any "yeah but it's the way you post" responses?

Is lack of humility on both sides a good thing? I mean you admit you were wrong and still have a dig at the people who were right?

I was wrong about Lamela. I thought given a free role he would play better. Poch gave him a central free role behind the striker (finally) and he was a ghost and a liability.

Sammy needs way more respect than he gets. No need to put the boot in when his opinions on Poch, Lamela or Lev etc seem to be panning out.

You can't act holier than though because you have been VERY vocal about how stupid he has been. So don't double up on the disrespect.

You've gone back and forth for years on it, and now it's panned out it's not worth discussing or admiring reality because it does not paint a rosy rattle waving picture?

Misery and failure is a huge part of supporting.

Back
Top Bottom