Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela is as disappointing as my son.
:lamelashock:

What's wrong with his faaaaaaace?

mzl.vkginptk.png

Why can't someone who was bashed for years because of their opinion get a straight up: "Yes I was wrong" without any "yeah but it's the way you post" responses?

Is lack of humility on both sides a good thing? I mean you admit you were wrong and still have a dig at the people who were right?

I was wrong about Lamela. I thought given a free role he would play better. Poch gave him a central free role behind the striker (finally) and he was a ghost and a liability.

Sammy needs way more respect than he gets. No need to put the boot in when his opinions on Poch, Lamela or Lev etc seem to be panning out.

You can't act holier than though because you have been VERY vocal about how stupid he has been. So don't double up on the disrespect.

You've gone back and forth for years on it, and now it's panned out it's not worth discussing or admiring reality because it does not paint a rosy rattle waving picture?

Misery and failure is a huge part of supporting.
Wasn't aimed at Sammy. It was aimed at all those who wallow in the failure of Spurs.

Those that give Lamela shit, in general, are the same that do it for many, many others.

And I stand wholeheartedly by what I said, I would rather give someone to much faith than too little.

Same arses wanted Bale out during his barren run no doubt.

basketball, football, american football.. Over here, we refer to any group of random strangers playing sports together as 'pick-up.' So, I was talking about football but it is applicable to all of the above.

That is relatively rare in the UK. We tend to keep in our own little bubbles. If someone starts talking to you on the train or in the park, the first response is usually "who is this weirdo?".

:wansum::wansum::wansum:

Wasn't aimed at Sammy.

:pochserious:

Those that give Lamela shit, in general, are the same that do it for many, many others.

And I stand wholeheartedly by what I said, I would rather give someone to much faith than too little.

Why do you wholeheartedly bash people who are right? Isn't that ignorant? Isn't grudgingly telling someone they are right with no caveat the grown up thing to do?

You can say that about any argument. You can change the player and circumstance and then paint yourself to be less wrong because there was a chance that x player can end up being THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER IN HISTORY.

Again that is the opposite of what could happen. Bale is literally one a few billion. What are the chances that all scenarios can end up as a record breaking expensive player? The OPPOSITE is true. There are 1000's of clubs in the world, and specifically one player was the most expensive and it happened to come from us. Using Bale as an example is probably the lowest blow you can reach for. Also claiming people said the same about Bale is reaching. You don't know what individuals were posting abut him 7 years ago. You are looking to create villains out of thin air.

:pochserious:

Why do you wholeheartedly bash people who are right? Isn't that ignorant? Isn't grudgingly telling someone they are right with no caveat the grown up thing to do?

You can say that about any argument. You can change the player and circumstance and then paint yourself to be less wrong because there was a chance that x player can end up being THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER IN HISTORY.

Again that is the opposite of what could happen. Bale is literally one a few billion. What are the chances that all scenarios can end up as a record breaking expensive player? The OPPOSITE is true. There are 1000's of clubs in the world, and specifically one player was the most expensive and it happened to come from us. Using Bale as an example is probably the lowest blow you can reach for. Also claiming people said the same about Bale is reaching. You don't know what individuals were posting abut him 7 years ago. You are looking to create villains out of thin air.
too%2Blong%2Bdidn't%2Bread%2Bgeorge%2Bclooney%2Bgif%2Bdr%2Bheckle%2Bfunny%2Bwtf%2Bpictures.gif

Why can't someone who was bashed for years because of their opinion get a straight up: "Yes I was wrong" without any "yeah but it's the way you post" responses?

Is lack of humility on both sides a good thing? I mean you admit you were wrong and still have a dig at the people who were right?

I was wrong about Lamela. I thought given a free role he would play better. Poch gave him a central free role behind the striker (finally) and he was a ghost and a liability.

Sammy needs way more respect than he gets. No need to put the boot in when his opinions on Poch, Lamela or Lev etc seem to be panning out.

You can't act holier than though because you have been VERY vocal about how stupid he has been. So don't double up on the disrespect.

You've gone back and forth for years on it, and now it's panned out it's not worth discussing or admiring reality because it does not paint a rosy rattle waving picture?

Misery and failure is a huge part of supporting.

Lol come off it. The reason you and Sammy get along is because you bond over your roles of being disliked/thought of as idiots by so many posters despite having little in common other than being anti-Poch (Sammy because he wants a return to the good ole days of 442 and cockney managers, and you because you want an NFL team). For example I notice when you tear into Lennon, the biggest defender of Lennon - Sammy -goes quiet.. hmm wonder why. #Alliance

& you're wrong about most things mate but we'll never have solid proof because no manager would be so daft as to field the sort of lineups you post.

Lol come off it. The reason you and Sammy get along is because you bond over your roles of being disliked/thought of as idiots by so many posters despite having little in common other than being anti-Poch (Sammy because he wants a return to the good ole days of 442 and cockney managers, and you because you want an NFL team). For example I notice when you tear into Lennon, the biggest defender of Lennon - Sammy -goes quiet.. hmm wonder why. #Alliance

& you're wrong about most things mate but we'll never have solid proof because no manager would be so daft as to field the sort of lineups you post.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/christian-eriksen.6682/page-79#post-549899

Alliance?

:adelol:

Do you want me to link to the posts where I admitted I was wrong about Rose? I already admitted I was wrong about Lamela.

And you keep owning yourself with the NFL thing. Since Poch is putting out Kane, Chadli, Dembele, Dier etc day in day out. He's already putting out more solid teams...Are you blind?

All I wanted different was pace...So lets see if Poch does what I want eh? Perhaps if he does insert pace into the team, you will start talking about "it's the way I post" rather than admitting I was on the right track.

Most of all, do you want to stay on topic instead of bating? This is a Lamela thread.

Last edited:
Wasn't aimed at Sammy. It was aimed at all those who wallow in the failure of Spurs.

I understand what you are saying regarding supporters being critical of a certain player, however I don't always think it is cynical to slate a player. In the end I will support any Tottenham player once they get on the pitch.

Thing is with players like Soldado and Lamela they fucking did my head in because their performances were/are costing us on the pitch. In the end all of us (I hope) what is best for our club. The whole point of forums/social media is voicing your opinion.

I heard so many arguments and excuses for Lamela over the past year I can't even remember them all. I don't even think he is a bad player he just is a terrible fit in our side and in the EPL, and has been since day 1. Lost count of the times last two seasons when many kept saying "I know he doesn't look good but he needs a run of games to get going" So even though he wasn't our best option at the time people wanted him to play just int eh hope he would magically find form.

I would say 80% of my disagrees are from posts about Lamela and most of them I just was voicing that I don't think he will come good and we need to play others or buy a repalcement. I don't think that makes me less of a fan that I don't rate a certain player and feel they are costing our team points.

fucking loan deals-SELL these useless players ffs.
I was completely wrong about Lamela and backed him to the hilt for two years, hes a headless chicken, gives away free after free and has scored TWO in the league.

Get rid ASAP, I dont care if he 'comes good' when hes 25, if every player we buy for ridiculous money takes 3/4 years to start playing we may as well give up.

fucking loan deals-SELL these useless players ffs.
I was completely wrong about Lamela and backed him to the hilt for two years, hes a headless chicken, gives away free after free and has scored TWO in the league.

Get rid ASAP, I dont care if he 'comes good' when hes 25, if every player we buy for ridiculous money takes 3/4 years to start playing we may as well give up.

The big one for me is partnership. He has not formed any semblance of a partnership with any player at Spurs. He's a trier but we can't risk him dragging down players around him.

(Sammy because he wants a return to the good ole days of 442 and cockney managers

You keep saying it like I dont stand for it. To be clear, Id like nothing more than this to happen again some day, should Poch continue doing his best AVB impression

For example I notice when you tear into Lennon, the biggest defender of Lennon - Sammy -goes quiet.. hmm wonder why.

Gibbs and me have enough shit between us, but we also have a common ground...you acting like we are some fucking tag team. No, I simply respect people who dont long to be loved....especially on a forum. Its disturbingly needy.

That is relatively rare in the UK. We tend to keep in our own little bubbles. If someone starts talking to you on the train or in the park, the first response is usually "who is this weirdo?".

:wansum::wansum::wansum:
So if you and a friend go to your local park with a ball to kick around and you see 4 guys playing already on the field you wouldn't go and ask if you can join them?

This cull is getting pretty brutal. How many players have gone now? Seeing as Lennon and Ade are pretty much gone regardless.
If Lamela really is going Boalsie and a striker better be signed before Thursday otherwise this is starting to take the piss.

So if you and a friend go to your local park with a ball to kick around and you see 4 guys playing already on the field you wouldn't go and ask if you can join them?

Nope. You are not familiar with Chavs. haha

Remember that group could have Gooners, West Ham or Chav Chavs. Moving to the USA, one thing I had to get used to were people being less standoffish.

Last edited:
Nope. You are not familiar with Chavs. haha

Remember that group could have Gooners, West Ham or Chav Chavs.
I am familiar with Chavs (and not just Chelski supporters). Is it only Chav kids that kick around the ball at the local park?

Or are you telling me that you wouldn't play a pick up game with people if they supported a different team than you?

I am familiar with Chavs (and not just Chelski supporters). Is it only Chav kids that kick around the ball at the local park?

Or are you telling me that you wouldn't play a pick up game with people if they supported a different team than you?

I was knocked out by people from a neighboring city. On Christmas eve. So no. I don't think a friendly Cardiff vs Swansea supporters game in on the cards.

Americans are way more friendly in general than Brits. Smaller villages are different, but large towns/cities it tends to be pretty tense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom