Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but there's nothing wrong with that
I didn't say there was - I could have written beautiful - but I didn't. I'm still laughing about being called unhinged by a man who genuinely thinks the world will be impressed by his love of combat knives and the meaning of Christmas is to get a 25% discount on a remote control for his parents.

A fat prig with a knife fetish, and I'm unhinged? You chubby, arrogant, pompous twat. Self-obsessed posting about your tragic life in the most inappropriate places - quoting the text off unfunny memes, and moaning about the IRS. Jesus, I don't see how you you owe them a penny - all they have to do is look on here to see you're the classic 80c on the dollar windbag.
:pochserious:

All of that is true, but I'm not fat. Not sure where in your ass you're pulling that one from.

If you had read the thread it would have been obvious - even to you.
The thread is more than 200 posts long, so no thank you. If someone makes a random comment seemingly entirely unrelated to anything being discussed, I'm not going to bother tracking back more than a page or two at most to see if it's related to another conversation.

I'm still laughing about being called unhinged by a man who genuinely thinks the world will be impressed by his love of combat knives and the meaning of Christmas is to get a 25% discount on a remote control for his parents.
Haha, you're obsessed. You just won't let any of that go, will you? Listen, I work in engineering and manufacturing; a good knife is useful to me in what I do, just as about every single general contractor in this country would carry a knife, as well. A pocket knife isn't up to the task, and knives have to be resharpened occasionally, so it's useful to have two or three to rotate between. I own two knives; I would hardly count that as a fetish, lol.

People buy gifts for people they care about over the holidays. I didn't make it that way, if you have a problem with that then your problem is a lot bigger than the petty beef that you have with me.

I think you've been taking lessons from ArcSpace in how to be a cunt. I mean, honestly, what kind of a person defines "World Class" as a first-team picked to play Mars, but then takes offense when I make a joke about Space Jam, and launches into an extremely sarcastic and vaguely anti-American diatribe?

Last edited:
I didn't say there was - I could have written beautiful - but I didn't. I'm still laughing about being called unhinged by a man who genuinely thinks the world will be impressed by his love of combat knives and the meaning of Christmas is to get a 25% discount on a remote control for his parents.

:dawsonlol: this thread

Where do you even find this stuff out? You literally know more about people on here than their actual friends/family.

Where do you even find this stuff out? You literally know more about people on here than their actual friends/family.
He knows more about me than myself! Apparently I've got a weight problem...

I've posted my knife before, and my parents are continually befuddled by juggling three or four remotes just to turn the tv on, and they've bought several incredibly cheap universal remotes over the years that simply haven't worked, so I'm giving them one of those Logitech Harmony remotes this year, and Joe seems personally offended by that, which I find strange and disturbing.

Joe seems personally offended by that, which I find strange and disturbing.

To be fair, you were offended by the fact I didn't call Tesla a scientist :pochserious2:

Some presents are always going to seem weird to people who don't know the situation. Just ask Fabio Borini who bought his sister lingerie...

There are VERY few players who I believe are world class.

Firstly, they have to produce at the highest level, as well as for their clubs week in week out. So consistency is a big factor. They have to be producing in the Champions League against top class opposition. And finally, they have to do what no others can do in their position, something which makes them stand out above others.

In my opinion, the only real world class players in the world at this minute are:

Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Robben, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Neuer, Kompany, Hummels, Lahm. (I may have missed someone else who is obvious and some may disagree, but there aren't many players who do what they do on a regular basis, week in week out).

The likes of Bale and Suarez need to prove it for a season or 2 more to prove they are in that class.

There are VERY few players who I believe are world class.

Firstly, they have to produce at the highest level, as well as for their clubs week in week out. So consistency is a big factor. They have to be producing in the Champions League against top class opposition. And finally, they have to do what no others can do in their position, something which makes them stand out above others.

In my opinion, the only real world class players in the world at this minute are:

Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Robben, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Neuer, Kompany, Hummels, Lahm. (I may have missed someone else who is obvious and some may disagree, but there aren't many players who do what they do on a regular basis, week in week out).

The likes of Bale and Suarez need to prove it for a season or 2 more to prove they are in that class.

u wot m8

Bale/Suarez are better than everyone in that list except Messi/Ronaldo.
Bale is the most expensive player in history for a reason - played a HUGE part in Madrid winning the CL and Copa Del Ray - and what Suarez did at Liverpool surrounded by shit is much more impressive than what players like Aguero (who I agree is world class) do at star-studded Citeh.

I think there are maybe no more than 10 true world class players- but I would definitely put Bale in that bracket. Wales actually stand a chance of qualifying for something with his heroics. He was a genius for us in his last 2 seasons & actually was the one player who gave us these falsely high expectations. He won games for us seemingly at will on occasions. I miss the sheer excitement of seeing his name on the team sheet. He isn't a Spurs legend (for doing the dirty with Real Madrid) but he would be if he came back! I bet Real still owe us more than half the transfer fee so let's get rid of a few players & buy him back if he's up for grabs. It's nice to have Christmas dream.

u wot m8

Bale/Suarez are better than everyone in that list except Messi/Ronaldo.
Bale is the most expensive player in history for a reason - played a HUGE part in Madrid winning the CL and Copa Del Ray - and what Suarez did at Liverpool surrounded by shit is much more impressive than what players like Aguero (who I agree is world class) do at star-studded Citeh.
Yeah I understand that about Bale and Suarez, but both have only recently just been playing consistently at the VERY top level, in the Champions League, and they both need to prove they are consistently world class for another season in my opinion. Suarez has been decent at Barca so far, but nothing special.

And I don't think you can say, 'Bale and Suarez are better than Pirlo', as an example, as they are completely different players and play in different positions, their roles are so different and can not be compared, my list was made of the best players from a variety of positions.

Yeah I understand that about Bale and Suarez, but both have only recently just been playing consistently at the VERY top level, in the Champions League, and they both need to prove they are consistently world class for another season in my opinion. Suarez has been decent at Barca so far, but nothing special.

And I don't think you can say, 'Bale and Suarez are better than Pirlo', as an example, as they are completely different players and play in different positions, their roles are so different and can not be compared, my list was made of the best players from a variety of positions.
To be honest bossing it in the prem is still doing it at the top level. If Man City fail to get out of the group stages of the CL does that mean Aguero/Kompany have done it at the very top level or not?

Every manager/club would pick Bale/Suarez over Pirlo. It's not to do with positions/roles but ability. There have been outstanding deep CMs better than those 2 but Pirlo isn't one of them.

Who the fuck cares what everybody's interpretation of the saying 'World Class' means?

Lamela is young and talented, and in my opinion should be getting as much game time as possible. Whether he will develop into a 'World Class' player is yet to be seen. End of.

Who the fuck cares what everybody's interpretation of the saying 'World Class' means?

Lamela is young and talented, and in my opinion should be getting as much game time as possible. Whether he will develop into a 'World Class' player is yet to be seen. End of.
But what do you think of Yedlin? Apparently he's up for discussion in this thread...

Back
Top Bottom