AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not anti-AVB or anti-Sherwood. I am Pro-Tottenham and do want them to win whoever is in charge.

COYS.
Happy clapper, then?

MIHdY86.gif

I know I am making fun of this whole comparison situation starting with Redknapp to AVB to Sherwood - its honestly madness, we could have come up with the cure for cancer with the amount of man hours on here discussing it!

You cant compare them different times different players different games, its exausting - everyone has stats that say one better than another, it just goes on and on, I think we can all agree on that we are looking forward to next season, and I hope the comparisons "well if we had" will stop as its pointless
I'm certainly looking forward to next season more than i was last season.... :ade:

The anti AVB lot spend more time in this thread than the Sherwood one.
oooh, is there enough people to have 'factions' and splinter groups?:levyeyes:

If only someone could find a place for them all to discuss things. Some sort of 'fight club' perhaps? Maybe in the 'off topic' section?

Nah, it would never work.

Really not getting the whole polarised pro / anti any manager tbh. AVB was our manager, and what a damned sexy manager he was, but now we have Tim. And next season it will be someone else.

I wish anyone well who has had a part to play in the positive aspects of our club, as long as it is not to detriment of the club in the here and now. Except scumball, the disingenuous piece of crap should just disappear under a rock fro being the two faced twat that he was.

And all the anti-AVB lot are pro- Sherwood. What a surprise. (and were pro-Arry too)
it's not a surprise at all, it just shows what people want from their manager/team. Never about taking sides, it's just what certain people prefer to see at the football club they support. We all want what's best for Tottenham but we obviously see it differently.

Well he didnt leave last summer as someone promised him Bale was staying, so the man with the smiles and celebration sadly was doing a semi Jan impression first half this season

love this pic
avb-and-steffen-freund-celebrate.jpg

Before he had a strop at woolwich and told freund to get into the background..

Yeah the Freund thing was so weird, what did they have a spat about again? What was it about, they made such a good team was a shame

No idea how much truth there is in it:

Next on the agenda was Steffen Freund’s role in the coaching set-up after a spectacular fall-out between the pair when Tottenham were beaten 1-0 by Woolwich on September 1.

Freund, a former Tottenham player who returned to the club as a coach at Levy’s insistence, had always taken a seat next to Villas-Boas on the bench.

But after the derby, when they had a huge disagreement over the team’s approach and the substitutions, Villas-Boas promoted Luis Martins and relegated Freund in the seating positions.

Martins, who arrived at Tottenham with Villas-Boas when he was appointed in 2012, became the manager’s primary confidant. Inevitably it created tensions at the training ground and Freund felt alienated as his role vanished.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bust-Freund-Adebayor.html?ico=sport^headlines

Amazing what a bit of fan and chairman support can do

Wouldn't be surprised if the Barca links were true

He probably wasn't the right manager for spurs, but I get the feeling we are going to end up looking stupid.

He's certainly going to win more trophies as a manager than we will as a club over his career - he's already 1 league and 1 Europa ahead.

He probably wasn't the right manager for spurs, but I get the feeling we are going to end up looking stupid.

He's certainly going to win more trophies as a manager than we will as a club over his career - he's already 1 league and 1 Europa ahead.
Looking back over the last 10-odd years of Dan and co. - I'm starting to wonder if a 'right' manager for us exists in this day and age. ENIC have undoubtedly created number of (false?) expectations in most fans (CL football, 4th, etc.) which in turn translates into an impatient fanbase with a minor sense of entitlement

Back
Top Bottom