AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's just a massive overstatement. He most certainly wasn't 'shit', we can argue as to whether he was good or not but he wasn't shit. He got us 1 point off CL in his first season which bearing in mind the quality of our team is a good achievement. This year wasn't as good but there was clearly more to it than meets the eye.

I think our football was shit under him...should have been clearer

What the fuck is your obsession with Harry? Harry could be the shittest manager on earth....it wouldnt make AVB any better or worse.

What have I made up? AVB was shit in the PL and got sacked twice for being so.

What's your obsession with knocking AVB all the time? And stop grouping everyone who argues against you with the same brush, you're beginning to act senile.

What's your obsession with knocking AVB all the time? And stop grouping everyone who argues against you with the same brush, you're beginning to act senile.

Its an AVB thread. I am voicing my opinion on his current situation.

People need to stop taking it so personally all the time...its like slagging off Beyonce in front of her 7yr old fanclub.

I dont know if this has been posted anywhere else, a bit of light relief, the Spartak fans are a little miffed with Zenit's recent success, superb work from these fans! Cut to 1min 36 for the full impact

That's just a massive overstatement. He most certainly wasn't 'shit', we can argue as to whether he was good or not but he wasn't shit. He got us 1 point off CL in his first season which bearing in mind the quality of our team is a good achievement. This year wasn't as good but there was clearly more to it than meets the eye.

A very good post. I didnt like the football we played under AVB (Bale saving a good number of shit team performances) but he didnt get the time to improve it, or the players he wanted, and fuckwits behind the scenes undermining him at every turn. Look at the change in his demeanour from last season to the start of this one. Something changed, and we dont know what it was.

I dont know if this has been posted anywhere else, a bit of light relief, the Spartak fans are a little miffed with Zenit's recent success, superb work from these fans! Cut to 1min 36 for the full impact

Pretty sure that video predates AVB's hiring, as it showed up on a football pub quiz last year.

As one of his achievements. You say the Russian and Portuguese leagues are Championship level at best but don't mention his Europa League win.

It was a good achievement, albeit with team he inherited at a club which had won the domestic title 6 times already since 2000, and beating the likes of Genk, Besiktas, Saprtak Moscow and Braga en route to winning the final.

It was a good achievement, albeit with team he inherited at a club which had won the domestic title 6 times already since 2000, and beating the likes of Genk, Besiktas, Saprtak Moscow and Braga en route to winning the final.
No one remembers who you beat to get into the final only who you beat in the final: So when Hull beat those Gooner cunts in the FA cup final we will remember.

It was a bit more than that i feel old bean.

It started a chain reaction of events though, no? If Bale wasn't sold AVB would still be here, I'm convinced.

1. We would not have signed Lamela or Eriksen and possibly Soldado.

2. We could still have signed Paulinho, Chirches and Chadli from the sales of Parker, Hudd and Caulker.

You disagree with everyone

Find the majority opinion -> take the opposite view aggressively -> argue with everyone for years

And you are blinded to the fact that some people agree or like my opinions sometimes...

Another fucking narcissist who thinks his opinion represents the forum, and when someone disagrees with the "majority" (which translates as his view), they are a troll.

Get over yourself. Your opinions are not the majority view at all. And so what if they were.....this isnt East Germany in the 50s.....I will think what the fuck I like.

Back
Top Bottom