Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was dumb, but when you're 20 you sometimes do dumb things. Christ knows I did. As long as he learns to keep that channeled into more productive things in future, he'll be fine. And if he doesn't, then he'll just be like Zidane and how many others?

Didn't see it during the game but its a stupid move on his part. Could be nothing, could be three games, You couldn't guess because the FA are so inconsistent with this kind of thing.

Would definitely feel hard done by if an opposing player did it and didn't get banned though. Not on.

He'll be out for the last three... we'll miss him, and will suffer as a result...

Meanwhile I imagine Leicester have hardly noticed Vardy's absence...

Same as Swansea capitulated under the POWER OF LEICESTER CITY'S MIGHT...
just like West Brom did at The Emirates, and just like they did last nigh.... oh, hang on!

It would seem that ELEMENTS of the old Spursy are still showing flickers of life!

I am sick of all fans who speak in platitudes to get 'in'. Go support Woolwich? What are you 10? Yeah mate great response. Whether or not he gets a ban he should not be doing that on the pitch. He will learn and not do it again. He has my full backing but sometimes you have to admit when someone does something wrong.
You're a fool and naive!! When Oliver Giroud stamped on Skertel's head, they only showed 1 reply and none more while he was getting treated for about 7 minutes - all that time and not another showing or slow mo of Giroud stamping and severely cutting Skertel's head!
Yet they go out of their way to try and get an England international banned and its to help Woolwich catch Spurs and Wilshere to get Alli's spot in the national team.
Some Spurs fans like sand kicked in their face - I will always point out the double standards and fake morality of the gooner-supporting media (Sky).

You're a fool and naive!! When Oliver Giroud stamped on Skertel's head, they only showed 1 reply and none more while he was getting treated for about 7 minutes - all that time and not another showing or slow mo of Giroud stamping and severely cutting Skertel's head!
Yet they go out of their way to try and get an England international banned and its to help Woolwich catch Spurs and Wilshere to get Alli's spot in the national team.
Some Spurs fans like sand kicked in their face - I will always point out the double standards and fake morality of the gooner-supporting media (Sky).

You need help mate.

I also wouldn't rule out Alderweireld getting the nod next to Dier (assuming HE'S OK!) with Wimmer returning to CD with Vertonghen.
WE NEED MUSCLE AND BALLS for the final 3 games... Mason also has a "bit of the Alli's" about him (he can be a spiteful cunt) ...we don't need HIM sent off/banned as well for sneakily laying one on Hazard or Fabregas on Monday!

He's a stupid little sod. He was so cocky in interviews the other day but I figured it was team spirit. Perhaps he is too big for his boots right now, which can be understood given the speed of his rise. Poch needs to come down on him hard. It's not the first time either. It's time for a bit of tough love, and it needs probably to come from mates in the squad like Dier saying "don't be a tit mate".

This is an extremely important lesson to be learned. I see it as a positive thing. That losing your head for a second can get you banned for the rest of the season and have serious negative reprocussions on the rest of your team mates.

I also wouldn't rule out Alderweireld getting the nod next to Dier (assuming HE'S OK!) with Wimmer returning to CD with Vertonghen.
WE NEED MUSCLE AND BALLS for the final 3 games... Mason also has a "bit of the Alli's" about him (he can be a spiteful cunt) ...we don't need HIM sent off/banned as well for sneakily laying one on Hazard or Fabregas on Monday!

To be honest in that scenario I'd prefer Wimmer and Toby in defence and Jan ahead of them. Toby and Wimmer played a fair few games together and have a better understanding than Jan and Wimmer would.

Hopefully Dier isn't too serious and he will be back for the chavs.

He's a kid who's got to learn. Not all footballers have the mature mentality in their very early 20s (though some appear to). To be fair, he's been on the edge of something like this and hopefully Poch and the crew will put an arm around him and help him to keep his head in future. With that many camera's on them, they can't get away with it like they might have in the Championship. He'll be targeted from here on too so let's cut him some slack and give the boy a chance.

What I don't understand is that nobody said anything about violet conduct when Huth smashed his forearm into Reids face off the ball.
Yet everybody saw it.
There wasn't a scream up for retrospective action then.
Let's have some fucking consistency here.
So, this is not considered violent conduct or worthy of retrospective action but an elbow to the face is?

What I don't understand is that nobody said anything about violet conduct when Huth smashed his forearm into Reids face off the ball.
Yet everybody saw it.
So, this is not considered violent conduct or worthy of retrospective action but an elbow to the face is?

Reid probably got up and said "hey mate nice tackle there"

Yet everybody saw it.

It was against West Ham so deemed acceptable.

I was up all night thinking about this. I first thought we could maybe be ok without Ali and Dier.
However, Ali is our 2nd highest League goalscorer and our 2nd highest assister.
If Eriksen isn't on form, we may struggle and if Kane doesn't score we may struggle their too.
Basically Ali played right into their hands. Obviously the plan was to wind him up and take his mind of the game. It worked.
Yet Ali could have just jeopardised our chances of automatic CL and finishing above the scum.
We have 3 very hard games coming up and we need to get 5 points from those 3 games.
4 points if Woolwich are on us.
So, we cannot afford to lose at Chavs really.
We'll see what this team is made of now I suppose

Back
Top Bottom