Would you cash in now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Taken from his obituary by Brian Glanville:

This inevitably caused potential problems when the captain of his double-winning team was Danny Blanchflower. The loquacious Ulsterman was a right-half like "Billy Nick", but there the resemblance ended. Where Nicholson had been fustian, Blanchflower was all flair and illumination, a tremendous inspiration to his teams. Occasional clashes were inevitable, but overall they complemented one another, and the partnership worked remarkably well.

What a small minded comment to make anyway. Fuck you. Kunt.
At least it wasn't about Adebayor for once. I'm surprised he isn't on the Palace forums by now

Tragic cunt your second name?
What's yours, Rooney?
Untitled2.jpg

As much as finishing higher than Woolwich is appealing I still think we should go all out and see what we can achieve.

It will be exciting seeing what this group of players can achieve and how much they believe in themselves.
There is something very special going on a t the moment and it would be criminal to cut short their potential.

Be quite #Spursy to have the shine taken off finishing above that lot by us missing out on the title on the final day due to some as yet unknown cunting.:dier:

There'd be logic behind cashing out:

We'd finish third, finally above Woolwich, and everyone would have that fairytale story with Leiecster winning the league.

But I couldn't take the what if of that. It'd drive me insane.
People forget that we had a pretty slow start to the season. We're the in form team, and seem to be getting progressively better.
Fuck it, we're not here on luck, are more consistent than Man City, and better than Leicester.

LET'S DO THIS.

tight.gif

"Better to fail aiming high..."

Great article, and if you believe that it's better to fail aiming high, then you would go all in. But the sentiment of the article, with which I agree, is that Poch is building something really special, rather than going for the short-term quick fix option (which is what Saha and Nelson were supposed to be). So I would take 3rd now and use it as a platform for future success, rather than risk (for example) an injury to Kane and dropping back to fifth.

Plus I remember 2012 too well.

2012 whilst bad, was no 1987! The glory of failure that year, and we finished 3rd!

I want us to be aiming for the top. We're not Woolwich revelling in the 4th place trophy year in year out.

Back
Top Bottom