Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I`m still reserving judgement on Dier, there was a moment at Anderlecht where he seemed to give up, plus the one bad mistake last night.
He`s still young though i suppose, i was wrong about "son of tim"(Bentaleb).
So, two occasions in 3 months? - Wasn't Anderlecht his first game in about 3 weeks? It certainly beats Sandro getting a yellow card every single match.

Dier is a revelation in defensive midfield. If he can keep this going it's hard to see him returning back to defence in a while as long as you've got Jan and Toby back there. I was very sceptical when Poch decided to use him in midfield, but I very much tip my hat to Poch's direction for that brave decision, he was in a 1%-population who thought it may be a good idea.

Thought he was good last night, does the dirty work in midfield, he broke up a lot of villa attacks, wish he would cheer up a bit though, does Jan give him a lift to the ground??!!

His best game in a Sporting shirt was in at DM against Porto and he played there a number of times before he came to us. The coaching staff no doubt knew this and Poch recognised he could trust him there. Great spot and brilliant work from Eric to slot in anywhere hes asked to so easily.
Be an awful shame to see him back at centre back EVER the way he is marshalling the midfield-absolutely vital to our team.

Dier is a revelation in defensive midfield. If he can keep this going it's hard to see him returning back to defence in a while as long as you've got Jan and Toby back there. I was very sceptical when Poch decided to use him in midfield, but I very much tip my hat to Poch's direction for that brave decision, he was in a 1%-population who thought it may be a good idea.

It seemed so desperate to put him in there at the time (pre-season), mostly we were all so damn certain that we had to bring in a DCM, just had to so much that you'd think the season was ruined without by the reactions on here (myself included)! But it was also surprising because of how vocal Dier had been last season about how he saw himself as a CB and wanting to cement his place there. As I recall he withdraw from England u21 to work towards that goal. So Poch also deserves credit for showing Dier, how good a fit it is for him with DCM, to such an extent that he's shown a huge desire to do well in another position than CB from day one.

This is the future of Spurs and England: A future skipper who plays for the shirt; Our next Dave Mackay!
Well done Eric well deserved and overdue call up!

Duly deserved ....
Poch_Clap.gif

Now we just need Rose to break in.

Yet another example of why youngsters should join the mighty Spurs..

How many promising youngsters went to the likes of Chelsea or Man City only to be forgotten and never heard of again??

Putting Dier in as DM has to be Poch's best decision, even though many were saying it was an act of desperation?
For me our player of the season so far and a fully deserved call up..
Very pleased for him..

I don't like sharing our best players with England , Congratulations to him though, as already said by others, fully deserved

Back
Top Bottom