Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We know this already, I suppose at least it's someone who was in the deal speaking out.

I am still confused why Levy does this though, it's so damaging to us as a club.

I think it was probably more to do with not wanting to sell him at all when the first offer came in. Rather than trying to get an extra million.

Once berba made it clear he wouldn't even bother training after he didn't get his way then I guess we had to finally give in. Particularly when he actually went up to Manchester 'just in case.'

He wanted out the season before jimmyriggle jimmyriggle . EVERYONE knew he was going to get sold that summer.

It's nice to see someone in the game say it how it is. Levy needlessly wrecks our preseason preparation for a couple million quid.

Here's the thing, we've consistently been no more than about 10 points off CL for nearly a decade... so then, £2m in bragging rights is costing us upwards of £20m a year in prize money, let alone sponsorship etc... Seems pretty fucking dumb to me.

I think it was probably more to do with not wanting to sell him at all when the first offer came in. Rather than trying to get an extra million.

Once berba made it clear he wouldn't even bother training after he didn't get his way then I guess we had to finally give in. Particularly when he actually went up to Manchester 'just in case.'

More to do with him being a spineless cunt. #Lasagne

We know this already, I suppose at least it's someone who was in the deal speaking out.

I am still confused why Levy does this though, it's so damaging to us as a club.

Yep - Levy should have just bent over and accepted the very first offer Gill made in the June...

Sorry, Gill's statement screams of typical Man Utd arrogance "We made a bid in June, how dare they not accept our lowball offer for their best player. We're Man Utd. We MADE the Premier League".

Yep - Levy should have just bent over and accepted the very first offer Gill made in the June...

Sorry, Gill's statement screams of typical Man Utd arrogance "We made a bid in June, how dare they not accept our lowball offer for their best player. We're Man Utd. We MADE the Premier League".

Well then we shouldn't have sold him in the first place and forced him to stay.

Selling someone at the end of deadline day to get an extra million quid does not make up for not having time to properly replacing a key player and all the bad implications that brings. Just because GIll is Man United doesn't mean he can't make a good point.

We should have sold Berba in good time or not sold him. This last second shit is a huge gamble and it also leaves a list of clubs we have fucked off like Saints, West Ham and West Brom.

Well then we shouldn't have sold him in the first place and forced him to stay.

Selling someone at the end of deadline day to get an extra million quid does not make up for not having time to properly replacing a key player and all the bad implications that brings. Just because GIll is Man United doesn't mean he can't make a good point.

We should have sold Berba in good time or not sold him. This last second shit is a huge gamble and it also leaves a list of clubs we have fucked off like Saints, West Ham and West Brom.

We did force him to stay at the end of the 2006/2007 season. Even bought Darren Bent as a replacement. In the end he was persuaded to stay but when the following season he refuses to even acknowledge Ramos and warm up when asked to do so, there's only one possible outcome there.

Just read an exert from Ferguson's new book on the BBC site.

Another person Ferguson found difficult to deal with was Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who proved particularly troublesome to the Scot during deadline day negotiations in 2008 for Dimitar Berbatov. “That whole experience was more painful than my hip replacement,” Ferguson said.

Pretty sure SAF also had huge complaints because the only things that mattered to Levy was what is best for Spurs. And I'm pretty sure if Levy was just interested in financial gain, he'd be in a much less risky business than football.

Levy's number one motivation bar none is getting the best of a deal.

He'd be a bit of a fanny if all he did was over spend. Plus, I am sure if he didn't care about the club and or squad he would find something else to do while the matches are on. As opposed to going and watching them.

There's much worse chairmen out there.

He'd be a bit of a fanny if all he did was over spend. Plus, I am sure if he didn't care about the club and or squad he would find something else to do while the matches are on. As opposed to going and watching them.

There's much worse chairmen out there.
Having lived through the Scolar debacle I know exactly what a crap chairman looks like.

This is what I didn't say:

Levy is crap;
he under/overspends;
he doesn't care about the club,

so please don't put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is that when there is a deal or negotiation to be done, thats' all he'll focus on. This meant that with the Berbs situation he effectively sacrificed the beginning of the season because of his pig-headedness and determination not to be see to lose out to Manure. Sonmeone else said here that we got an extra couple of £mill, and destroyed any chance of a top 4 and CL revenue. We blew the whole season with 2 pts from 8 and a likely relegation unless we changed the manager. And whatever extra we made on the Berbs deal was dwarfed by what we had to pay 2 months later to Pompey to get HR.

He is not a crap chairman but his antics then were utter crap. Still we ended up with our best manager since Keith B, so perhaps it was all part of some master plan.

Back
Top Bottom