Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can imagine you are over the moon with this news:levylol:
I am actually starting to revise my views on Levy a little bit.
The evidence is growing that a new stadium is being built after all. Got to give credit for that. A club like Spurs deserves nothing less.
And hats off for what he's done with getting us to Wembley for the CL fixtures. And huge respect for the sensible pricing. Even though we lost to Monaco, it was one of the proudest nights of my life as a Spurs fan. Can't wait to go back. We showed the world that night that were here to stay...And spending 30million big ones on Sissoko to snatch him from under the noses of Everton also sent out a massive statement.

Last edited:
I am actually starting to revise my views on Levy a little bit.
The evidence is growing that a new stadium is being built after all.

Laughing-Animated-Gif-14.gif

I just put it up for general interest. Not as something to necessarily be proud of. We are building a stadium though, and to stay competitive during this time is impressive imo.
I'm very proud of that. I fucking love it. Makes mugs of all the other clubs. So long as the dosh saved is reinvested back into the The Club to set it up for years and years this is how a club should be run.

I'm very proud of that. I fucking love it. Makes mugs of all the other clubs. So long as the dosh saved is reinvested back into the The Club to set it up for years and years this is how a club should be run.

Well I have been critical of our lack of spending in the past, and I didn't want to come over as a hypocrite. If Poch and the team weren't doing the business we'd all criticise the net spend, but we do appear to be in a good position at the moment.

Nah! We should go for glory and spent loads of money on shit, like all the other teams below us?

:pocheyes:

United must have spent half a billion since we initiated protocol "Sherwood didn't read the contract properly"

There are only 3 trophies to win in this league.

Wonder if liverpools spending in the last 10 years has been worth a league cup
We have won the same as them in the last 10 yrs haven't we, one league cup. I think I am right there. Maybe not.
We have in that time built a new training complex, purchased land and started building a new gaff. Not bad seeing as we have bettered them in league too for all but one of the last 5 seasons isn't it.

Well I have been critical of our lack of spending in the past, and I didn't want to come over as a hypocrite. If Poch and the team weren't doing the business we'd all criticise the net spend, but we do appear to be in a good position at the moment.
I have never been on the spend gravy train, all good coaches train and improve players. It's been part of our DNA, in fact we were the most forward thinking club by sending our kids to Northfleet to play our style of football, Rowe and Nicholson part of that group went on to play and manage this club. Always shocks me to here the usual spend, spend, spend mob don't know this!

With a healthy productive academy, and a well managed squad we can compete at the top just as Spurs, Utd, Barca to name but a few have proven in the past. It should allow you to then invest in the one or two World Class stardust players required to sustain it. That final sentence is a few years off for us but my fingers are crossed we will see it.

Back
Top Bottom