Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really wanted Lamela to be a success at Spurs, after his injury hit first season (2013/14). However, after another very disappointing performance today, I'm starting to think that he's just not cut-out for the Premier League.

I lost count of the number of times he gave away possession today and got muscled off the ball. I'm sad to say, that I don't think it was a coincidence that we improved, after he was subbed.

I really wanted Lamela to be a success at Spurs, after his injury hit first season (2013/14). However, after another very disappointing performance today, I'm starting to think that he's just not cut-out for the Premier League.

I lost count of the number of times he gave away possession today and got muscled off the ball. I'm sad to say, that I don't think it was a coincidence that we improved, after he was subbed.
By injury hit do you mean the period where the manager thought he wasn't good enough to get in the match day squad?

Just goes to show that being a good looking lad still buys you time in the English premiership.
If he'd have looked like Dean Windass he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes

By injury hit do you mean the period where the manager thought he wasn't good enough to get in the match day squad?

Yep that's the one and virtually every tweet sent in reply to @SpursOfficial read something like:

Where is @Coco_Lamela?
Whose hidden @Coco_Lamela?
Have we sold @Coco_Lamela?

etc. etc. etc.

Just goes to show that being a good looking lad still buys you time in the English premiership.
If he'd have looked like Dean Windass he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes
If only he played like him though......Dean Windass has scored 8 x more premier league goals than Erik Lamela.

What watching dear Erik reminds me of:

124600-bambi-bambi.gif

Hey Poch, there is nothing wrong in correcting your mistake(like giving Kaboul the armband last season then giving it to Lloris), please bring Lennon back.

Hey Poch, there is nothing wrong in correcting your mistake(like giving Kaboul the armband last season then giving it to Lloris), please bring Lennon back.

I've been saying for two years Lennon has to prove himself but tell ye what mate, I would much rather see lennon on the right than Dembele, Chadli, lamela or Townsend-any fucking day of the week.
If not only for his exceptional covering his right back-part of the reason I reckon Walker looked so good his first season tbh-Lennon is amazing at tracking back and actually gets to the fucking byline which I think only Rose has done in the last year.

Pamela needs to go, I know Bolasie isn't the most popular of options on this board but would replace Erik with him in a heartbeat. Even Montero, who is a real attacking threat. EVEN AARON LENNON!

Not only was he poor yesterday, he actually harms the team on the ball, constantly making the wrong decisions - rushing when he should slow it, slowing (mostly this) when he should have moved the ball fast.

This all looks like a confidence building piece of play to him. Just about all his activity on the ball is taking way too many touched under safe circumstances and then squaring it for a teammate, leaving the opposition loads of time to get into position. Abysmal.

We need to move him along fast, take whatever fee we can.

If you don't understand 3 years in, that in the PL your first touch either is a pass or a slide in your own direction of movement, then you never will.

Back
Top Bottom