Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why isn't De Gea playing? Due to pending sale or is he injured?
'De Gea will not play.

'A player is also a human being. He cannot manage that. We will have to see who starts.'
'I don't know the solution with De Gea, that is the process. Still you repeat the question. I cannot lead this process, I can only watch and observe and that is what I'm doing. I'm not participating in it.

'When it is not like that I accept it because I know when I became manager of Manchester United, every transfer period is a process. I'm fighting against the transfer period.

'I know what is the process like and what it means for clubs and managers. It is not easy for De Gea to manage his situation now.'

Quotes from LVG, I hope he doesn't leave to be honest, that would open up a window for Hugo to leave.

I don't think we should underestimate Romero, he is a very good back up and has played in a World Cup final and if I remember correctly was MOTM in the Semi-Final. Although apparently he isn't match fit (hasn't played a pre-season game) and they are considering playing a youngster named Sam Johnstone.

Like I mentioned before, Argentina haven't had a good goalkeeper for a while now, him being in the final was a case of 'best of a bad bunch', he wasn't even first choice at Sampdoria.

I'm pretty sure they fell out, with LvG saying he wouldn't play in a reserve game and Valdes tweeting a picture of him in the dressing room after the reserves game IIRC. This was the reason Romero was signed, to be De Gea's backup.
OK, the guy who has had no preseason and has been at the club 2 weeks it is then.
:adethumbup:

3-0 defeat can't see anything else
1339426725154_9146065.png

I'll be honest, if I was looking at United from Madrid's perspective and I saw that De Gea wasn't playing their first match due to the reason listed by LVG I would seriously question whether or not he would be worth getting. If he doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with all of this imagine how bad it could be if Marca started to tear him apart.

I'll be honest, if I was looking at United from Madrid's perspective and I saw that De Gea wasn't playing their first match due to the reason listed by LVG I would seriously question whether or not he would be worth getting. If he doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with all of this imagine how bad it could be if Marca started to tear him apart.
Except they probably know the real reason is because he is already in negotiations with them.

Back
Top Bottom