Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its genuinely such a stupid argument i still haven't worked out how to combat it.

Although, you never see anyone say "If we didn't have our two worst players, we'd have finished higher"

Lets face it, if we swapped Ade and Soldado with Austin and Ings, we'd probably have finished 4th. It is what it is.
Exactly mate. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah that argument is on the same level as my personal favorite---the "all those last minute winners show we suck" argument. We shouldn't count points from goals we score after the 85th minute. (However, I presume we should double count the points from goals we concede after the 85th minute.)
Another classic, yes mate!!

Ironic because in previous seasons the team has been slated for being mentally weak, not scoring enough late goals and conceding too many. But when we finally win games late, we slate the team for not winning the game earlier, and I actually find people tallying up games we've won late to use as an argument AGAINST our results!

Quite amazing really.

However, saying "if we'd taken points from... we'd have finished..." is another redundant argument.
If we'd won more points we'd have finished higher. Well done. Similarly, if we'd lost more points we'd have finished lower.

We could have beaten the teams below us... but similarly, we could have lost to Chelsea and Woolwich. Thats not how football works. Certainly not in the premier league.
Another great example! Again, one I cannot even think how to reply to as its so blatantly obvious that in sport you will win some and you'll lose some, unless you're the best team in the league/world.

Never ceases to amaze me. Never.

You can just imagine him sat at his computer right now can't you. Fuming away about something, fingers itching, typing away at the air. Unable to vent his frustration at... well i dunno. But he'd find some way to be pissed off about this. No doubt something to do with Sherwood getting more points or whatever.
jesus u guys are hysterical. u whinge about sammy & all his posts clogging up the forum. yet even when he is sin banned u cant help but bring him up & talk about him. spurs have just had a great finish to the season & u are slagging off sammy. why cant u just admit u like arguing & talking about him?! no one will judge u. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD PEOPLE SAY ITS HARD TO IGNORE SAMMY. NOW HE IS SIN BINNED & SPURS WIN & GET 5TH BUT YET U STILL TALK ABOUT HIM. sounds like u are enjoying sammy being wrong more than u are spurs getting 5th.

jesus u guys are hysterical. u whinge about sammy & all his posts clogging up the forum. yet even when he is sin banned u cant help but bring him up & talk about him. spurs have just had a great finish to the season & u are slagging off sammy. why cant u just admit u like arguing & talking about him?! no one will judge u. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD PEOPLE SAY ITS HARD TO IGNORE SAMMY. NOW HE IS SIN BINNED & SPURS WIN & GET 5TH BUT YET U STILL TALK ABOUT HIM. sounds like u are enjoying sammy being wrong more than u are spurs getting 5th.
Scott mate - the only one obsessing about Sammy is you. Are you sure you're not related? I think we should be told. I like Sammy, but I'm glad he wasn't around today.

We really had no right to be finishing ahead of liverpool. The same Liverpool that were one slip away from winning the league last season. The same Liverpool that are historically the second biggest club in this country.
good points but no need to over exaggerate it by saying liverpool were 1 slip away from winning the league but leaving out crucial points. sturridge who scored a hatful was injured for most of this season. & obviously they lost world class suarez. u cant even compare liverpool with sturridge & suarez & a liverpool team without.

Nobody argue with this. It's 100% correct. No other opinions are to be asked for, as this is definitive.
aaa9053346fd4b42154e88e29c55ad1b14c0fbf5420d3bdac530d41a1fc24a32.jpg
ironically these are the same people who accuse sammy of trying to win the internet.

Scott mate - the only one obsessing about Sammy is you. Are you sure you're not related? I think we should be told. I like Sammy, but I'm glad he wasn't around today.
ok joe. it was me who brought him up. not any of u lot. il go along with whatever u guys want. x i obey

that was my exact point joe. u must have not read the pages before where people were talking about an internet poster & not spurs. i dont get it either.

No fucking way. Why are you bringing him up all the time? You've gone mate - your agenda is kind of creepy.
ok joe. he was already brought up by a few other posters & they have mentioned him more than me. but what ever u say joe

that was my exact point joe. u must have not read the pages before where people were talking about an internet poster & spurs. i dont get it either
Ok, but Sammy isn't important - I haven't mentioned him today until you did. Can we not knock it?

Graham Taylor joke. Perhaps not.

sure. just find it strange u dont say it to the few posters who actually brought him up first. u are a complex character.

Back
Top Bottom