Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely. Im not ashamed to say it either.

All these fucking muppets calling for his head and calling him a thief despite beating the Inland Revenue in the High Court. Sacking Harry was our biggest mistake since letting Burkinshaw walk.

do you not think, in his own way, he was as disloyal as Bale, Modric and Berbatov?

Absolutely. Im not ashamed to say it either.

All these fucking muppets calling for his head and calling him a thief despite beating the Inland Revenue in the High Court. Sacking Harry was our biggest mistake since letting Burkinshaw walk.
Yay
we both agree completely on something!
:)
Don't forget that he started the media frenzy on making him the England manager - by having the utter cheek to state his opinion that as a football manager there was no bigger honour than managing your country.
Which in Tottenham land is actually worse than treason against your country in a time of war, or arson in her majesty's dockyards.
Or otherwise known as bending over and lifting your skirt.
He should have, of course told them to stuff the job up their arses, thereby guaranteeing he would definitely NEVER get the job, ever.

ITV at the moment showing both Madrid clubs fighting it out in CL, Bale & Modric playing at the highest level and showing us Yids just what we are missing, give any decent manager the tools and see what's possible.
Spurs won't ever achieve super status unless we get stability and continuity, this means pocochino must be given time, something no board of directors have the bottle for.coys

We shouldn't be settling on stability and continuity just for the sake of it. Improvements should be the most important thing. He certainly haven't improve the team yet as we are unlikely to match last season points tally. His target next season should be to at least match it. If not, his job status should be reconsidered.

do you not think, in his own way, he was as disloyal as Bale, Modric and Berbatov?
in that he did what?
refused to soldier?
Got his agent to agitate for a move
refused to turn up for work
sodomised the tea lady?

what exactly did he do that was anything like - in any way similar to Modric or Berbatovs behaviour?
Bale - meh - he was always going at that price

Yay
Don't forget that he started the media frenzy on making him the England manager - by having the utter cheek to state his opinion that as a football manager there was no bigger honour than managing your country.
Which in Tottenham land is actually worse than treason against your country in a time of war, or arson in her majesty's dockyards.
He should have, of course told them to stuff the job up their arses, thereby guaranteeing he would definitely NEVER get the job, ever.

Here is where it all went wrong Mick, the blame lies with nobody else but John Terry, we'd be crowned champions this May if it wasn't for him

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/where-it-really-went-wrong.9200/page-2#post-477211

Yay
To be fair though Mick he did court the FA continuously and stalled on signing a contract offered by Levy in February. He then told Gary Linaker on MOTD he would have taken the England job ' like a shot' after Hodgsen had been appointed. He then went on to declare in the press that Levy should be offering him improved terms (after said contract was withdrawn) and that if he were a player he wouldn't be treated that way. Can't play poker with Levy like that and expect to win on the flop when you've finished 5th.

in that he did what?
refused to soldier?
Got his agent to agitate for a move
refused to turn up for work
sodomised the tea lady?

what exactly did he do that was anything like - in any way similar to Modric or Berbatovs behaviour?
Bale - meh - he was always going at that price
he was joking with the press about the taking the england job in the prematch press conference before the newcastle game. same week he was aquitted. In his book he admits that he let the job distract him. he says he was thinking about offering the assistant job to brendan rodgers during the game against swansea. he was offering his arse to the fa almost as soon as he got off the courtroom steps.
Hodgson, when asked about the job, did a roy hodgson. said he had a good job, wasnt interested, etc etc. redknapp, ever the self publicist, couldnt shut up about it. For me, its difficult to preach loyalty to players when you had "get it here" written on your backside in marker pen and then sent naked pics to the FA.

Lets get one thing straight as well. Im not some Redknapp hater. under him we played some of our best football of the last 20 yrs and were fantastic to watch. Just like at the time i wasnt screaming for him to be sacked, and I wouldnt have been complaining had he stayed. But I also think he got himself removed from the job as much as anyone else removed him.

It was mate. Realised after I'd posted but am a bit wrapped up in the CL game. I think for me the issue at the time was that at the turn of the new year we were third pushing for the top, fell away badly and should never have been in a position where Chavs could deny us a spot.
Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was being pedantic. :harryhmm:

It was mate. Realised after I'd posted but am a bit wrapped up in the CL game. I think for me the issue at the time was that at the turn of the new year we were third pushing for the top, fell away badly and should never have been in a position where Chavs could deny us a spot.

Maybe giving the manager a new contract would have got us over the line?

To be fair though Mick he did court the FA continuously and stalled on signing a contract offered by Levy in February. He then told Gary Linaker on MOTD he would have taken the England job ' like a shot' after Hodgsen had been appointed. He then went on to declare in the press that Levy should be offering him improved terms (after said contract was withdrawn) and that if he were a player he wouldn't be treated that way. Can't play poker with Levy like that and expect to win on the flop when you've finished 5th.
He told the truth
Spurs fans didn't like it, so they turned on him in a manner that was embarrassing.
His public contract negotiations got him the sack, and he was a fool to conduct himself in the way he did.
I didn't like him saying he wanted the England job, but I won't fault him for being honest. I won't condemn him for the way he got the club playing, and I won't malign the guy on the back of a pile of innuendo and lies.
He was then, and Pochettino is now. Dwelling on the past is pointless, but fuck re-writing it to make the guy out to be satan.
I think we were his last big hurrah, and he shot himself in the foot big time.
The king is dead, long live the king, I just hope he gets a fair shot at the title, and if next season ends like this, then maybe we should accept that he's not the man to lead us on. Particularly if the club backs him by selling the players he doesn't want, and invests in the ones that he does.
If he gets his toybox and fails to deliver, then the pitchfork brigade can have his hide. I just think this season is too soon to start stacking the woodpile and getting kindling for the torches.

Back
Top Bottom