Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holy smokes!!!!!! This threads still going!!! lol :eriksenlol:

1) Levy might not be perfect, but compare him to the Sugar years..... nuff said basically.

2) Redknapp / any other manager we have had............... when has a manager ever played so much youth as Poch?
Whilst it's great that we are playing the kids (and I'm completely delighted that we do), it's also an undeniable indictment of the quality of our 1st team squad, because these youngsters aren't getting cameos and windows of opportunity (the odd game here or there)..... they are becoming regular 1st teamers and relied upon to turn up every game and make a difference.........which is also a little bit unfair to them.

At least in the eyes of our current manager (and you have to have faith that he knows more about football than us regular schmos- que world cup player etc)...... they deserve more game time than some of our big time buys. So where does that leave the quality of our current 1st team squad?

Sure Levy must love it..... regularly putting new fresh youngsters out in the shop window each game..... each youngster promoted through the new development system generating nice profits when sold must be a great boon for the shareholders....... but the fact that we are relying on them (not just giving them an opportunity) is a tad worrying.

We just have to admit, we've taken a step back (and that's not just because we lost Redknapp).... and we are about where we should be in the league.

i didnt say we never had a game all season where we showed fight & a gameplan. u may be happy with a handful of performaces like that out of about 45 or however many games we have played. but i think that is really poor. just 5 or 6 good performances all season. i dont no why i bothered reply to such a weak argument.

Well I'm not happy with a handful of performances (some of those were doozies tho), more that I'm looking for positive signs in a season that I had zero expectation for.

We can't keep making so many changes in the managerial team and 1st team (whilst holding on to leechers like Adebeyor) and expect each season to be ok.

This season, I seriously expected top 10 whilst Poch got to the bottom of the squad he inherited. Hoped for 6th.

The fact that we've had some sterling perfomances against some of the top teams and scraped some awful wins is signs of encouragement for me.
Basically I'm not expecting the messiah and trying to show a level of patience lol

Jesus what a fucking miserable thread. I bloody enjoyed Redknapp's reign. I even liked AVB. I went to some really enjoyable matches under Sherwood. I find Poch very very very slightly sexy ( that might because I once had a filthy Argie girlfriend). Am I too positive??

Edit:I even loved the Ossie Ardiles years- 4-1-5 yes fuckin please.

sammyspurs sammyspurs has absolutely no pro-Sherwood agenda. He very rarely mentions him.

i can assure u their was about 10 sammy quotes here!

:walker:
for people who hate sammy going on so much, u lot dont half copy & paste him a lot. for about 10 pages theirs more quotes from sammy posted by u lot than their is posts by sammy! strange way to deal with something u dont like. i might try it. i hate top gear but im going to leave dave on all day & see what happens.

for people who hate sammy going on so much, u lot dont half copy & paste him a lot. for about 10 pages theirs more quotes from sammy posted by u lot than their is posts by sammy! strange way to deal with something u dont like. i might try it. i hate top gear but im going to leave dave on all day & see what happens.
Who said I hate Sammy? When I first joined this forum I mainly agreed with Sammy because he was on a crusade that Adebayor was better than Soldado, something I agreed with. Then he went on a crusade that Poch rotated too much, something that I didnt agree with, but didnt care about. The last 10-15 matches he has been on a crusade that Poch doesnt rotate enough and that Sherwood was better, something that I think is retarded. I agree with him when he is right, disagree when I think he is wrong, and get incredibly bored when he continually posts the same thing

x9QBG.gif

why can't you all just get along man.

Back
Top Bottom