New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs board say stadium:mk “one of the only possible destinations” during White Hart Lane replacement

Posted on April 2, 2015 by charlescrook in Sport // 0 Comments

stad

PREMIER League side Tottenham Hotspur confirmed that stadium:mk is “one of the only possible destinations” being considered during their upcoming exile from White Hart Lane.

In a meeting between the club’s board and supporter’s trust earlier this week, the board confirmed that they will most likely be playing matches for the 2017-18 season either at the MK Dons’ stadium or at Wembley.

The Spurs board, which included representation by chairman Daniel Levy during the meeting, confirmed to the supporters trust that Tottenham had initially considered four potential venues. But with Upton Park and the London Olympic Stadium no longer options, they were left with Wembley and stadium:mk as the only options to consider. However as yet, Spurs are in ongoing discussions and have not confirmed any potential groundsharing deal.

Rumours of a groundsharing arrangement between the North London giants and the Dons have been made for around a year, with Spurs needing to leave White Hart Lane while the current stadium is demolished and replaced by a new 56,000-capacity stadium in 2018. Spurs recently won a High Court case to purchase the land owned by a local business that had been unwilling to move, and are soon expected to show finalised plans for their new ground.

High-ranking names at Spurs have been seen at stadium:mk to assess the ground’s suitability for the Premier League team’s needs, including the club’s Head Coach Mauricio Pochettino. The former Argentina international player was seen at the game between MK Dons and Manchester United in August and praised the quality of the venue, but said a groundshare was possible rather than making an outright comment.

The move could also see a potential future return to Milton Keynes for Dele Alli. The midfielder moved from the Dons to Spurs on transfer deadline day in January on a five and a half year contract, although he is currently on loan to MK Dons to try and aid their promotion push.

Has what been built ? We don't even know the design, the size or even the capacity of the thing. It seems when Archway unexpectedly threw in the towel, Levy suddenly got caught in the headlights with his pants down.

Your entire stadium argument from day one:

nosedive.jpg

b24nosedive.jpeg

Lots of people on lots of forums have been speculating about NFL for months now, probably years. To me most of it has been a waste of bandwidth, but then again I'm a grumpy old git :)

To me fifteen minutes thought is enough to declare it as a no-goer. I mean would the Prem accept Moscow or Prague as a stadium location in our league? I don't think so.

Even if the NFL was more accommodating, which I strongly doubt, the issues with a redesign, extra planning permission, pitch logistics, etc, etc, etc. How does anyone think it could work, seems ridiculous to me.
I don't really get the logistics of it but I know the NFL is very keen on it. I don't think the actual teams are but if there is money the league will chase it. Still doubt their home would be at our new stadium but not sure what the increase locker room and basement would be for otherwise

Lots of people on lots of forums have been speculating about NFL for months now, probably years. To me most of it has been a waste of bandwidth, but then again I'm a grumpy old git :)

To me fifteen minutes thought is enough to declare it as a no-goer. I mean would the Prem accept Moscow or Prague as a stadium location in our league? I don't think so.

Even if the NFL was more accommodating, which I strongly doubt, the issues with a redesign, extra planning permission, pitch logistics, etc, etc, etc. How does anyone think it could work, seems ridiculous to me.
Now I know you are a grumpy old git - only joshing. Really appreciate your commentary and observations.

However I am not prepared to rule out Levy doing a deal that secures a tenant (NFL or otherwise) to support:
1. Ensuring stadium sponsorship is top £. This is achieved by providing sponsor increased media exposure over a calendar year.
2. To assist in meeting finance costs.
3. To increase hospitality/catering profits.
4. To provide addn sales capacity of local shopkeepers/pubs/parking/transport etc.
5. Increase the status of Tottenham locality, hence ENIC property values.

Johnboy40 Johnboy40 Just a brief question? Do you have anything positive to say about the proposed new stadium development apart from critiquing the people who are trying to make this happen!
Im well in favour of it mate. I think its vital for the future of the club. I'm a big believer in the idea that clubs should pay their own way and not run up huge debts chasing trophies (like Leeds did), and i think its a vital part of that. I think that ENIC have generally gone about it really well, except for the stratford debacle. Even then, I got and understood the thinking. Just didnt agree with it.
I don't hide that I think ENIC first got involved with the club expecting the aborted Athletics stadium at Picketts lock to be built and planned to move us in there, and I still kinda think that maybe we should have looked at building a new ground there. (which they well might have, monkeys like us are not privvy to everything that goes on)

(TBH, i dont recall ever criticising the people making it happen or saying anything negative about it, just taking the piss out of some of the people that think it isnt happening or are saying negative stuff about it..admittedly in a snarky and snippy way, but thats just my sense of humour)

Oh...sorry. I thought the Archway deal was done. Hence the "joint statement". Out of interest, if new planning permission is needed, what happens if its refused. Where would we go from there. Any idea ?

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Archway Sheet Metal Works Ltd and the Josif Family (Archway) are delighted to announce that a private agreement has been reached for the purchase of Archway’s property on Paxton Road by the Club.

An agreement has been reached - that doesn't mean the purchase has legally completed yet.

The planning permission won't be refused, the plans will just be altered until everyone is happy - it's a negotiation between the club, the council and the residents.

I don't really get the logistics of it but I know the NFL is very keen on it. I don't think the actual teams are but if there is money the league will chase it. Still doubt their home would be at our new stadium but not sure what the increase locker room and basement would be for otherwise
HI Michael, I've no idea what the increased locker room and basement is needed for, but I'm sure I could think of twenty possible reasons if I wanted to that, to me anyway, made more sense than NFL coming to the Lane.

Now I know you are a grumpy old git - only joshing. Really appreciate your commentary and observations.

However I am not prepared to rule out Levy doing a deal that secures a tenant (NFL or otherwise) to support:
1. Ensuring stadium sponsorship is top £. This is achieved by providing sponsor increased media exposure over a calendar year.
2. To assist in meeting finance costs.
3. To increase hospitality/catering profits.
4. To provide addn sales capacity of local shopkeepers/pubs/parking/transport etc.
5. Increase the status of Tottenham locality, hence ENIC property values.

Hi Shawry, I've no doubt that Levy is always looking out for deals which meet one of more of the five points you make. I can see the financial logic in NFL at the Lane, what I don't see is the logisitics.

As I've already said just as the Prem wouldn't allow any team to play their home games in Moscow or Prague, or Kiev and Istanbul come to that, so the idea of a home ground in the NFL that would be about 5,000 miles away for some travelling teams makes no sense whatsoever to me. That's before we get onto pitch and stadium issues.

Absolutely, can't stand the miserable old cunt.[/QUOTE
HI Michael, I've no idea what the increased locker room and basement is needed for, but I'm sure I could think of twenty possible reasons if I wanted to that, to me anyway, made more sense than NFL coming to the Lane.

whats the point of debating with someone when as soon as you disagree spit your dummy out
and hit ignore! .. twat.

Hi Shawry, I've no doubt that Levy is always looking out for deals which meet one of more of the five points you make. I can see the financial logic in NFL at the Lane, what I don't see is the logisitics.

As I've already said just as the Prem wouldn't allow any team to play their home games in Moscow or Prague, or Kiev and Istanbul come to that, so the idea of a home ground in the NFL that would be about 5,000 miles away for some travelling teams makes no sense whatsoever to me. That's before we get onto pitch and stadium issues.
You are aware that Wembley already hosts 3 NFL games a year, right? If they're prepared to do that, and having seen that the British public have an appetite for it, I see no reason why they wouldn't give strong consideration to us hosting a team permanently.

Back
Top Bottom