New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you sure he wasnt hitching lifts back to scotland?
No he was spurs. Wore a spurs cap. Sat in the Arkles by himself, not sure if he was drinking, then was on the same bus as me back to London.
If anyone knows this old geezer I reckon his story might be interesting. Feel bad I didn't buy him a pint or something.

I'm currently conceptualising a virtual prison to entrap you and your multi troll mates

009.jpg

Ruined?

I said I didn't think open top stadiums were that good. I'm not an expert in stadium design and some other people gave me some enlightening knowledge, proving I may not have been right.

I said watching a Tottenham game is too expensive. I search it up, find out the minimum local game is £55+ and so it echoed my original sentiment, that it in fact was too pricey.

Shock, horror, people on online forum offer different views than I do...Rekt, apparently.
Are you on the dole?

In the early part of the season you can get a cup ticket for £20, and super off peak train tickets to London for similar prices. There really is no excuse for not having made the trip yet, especially if you're putting aside money to go and see other teams. That's got to be an example of a plastic fan if ever there was one.

Last edited:
I'm no tough guy, but I'm no idiot either. I'm not stupid enough to give personal details like that out.

You might be a nonce or something.

STRANGER DANGER!
Yes, buddy - saying what field of work you're in will definitely give you away

In that case - you have FUCK ALL right to mock anyone here for how they earn their bread. FUCK ALL right

Well this thread has gone to shit.

Delighted we got the CPO decision, and hopefully now the costs are on ASM they won't bother taking this any further. Surely financially they know they don't have the clout to drag this out any further?

Such a shame it had to come to this. I've previously expressed my shame when Yids were just asking them to fuck off and when they had the fire - not laughing matters - this is a family business and how they make their livelihoods, and they've been there for many years. They have every right to challenge decisions and get a decent settlement from the club. My issue with ASM is, I no longer believe they were doing this for the right reasons, and I think they received a more than reasonable offer from the club to move on. Is it ideal? No. But do they REALLY think they will stand in the way of us regenerating an entire Borough of London? Madness.

And now they've made us and them look like cunts.

An appeal would be ridiculous, but it wouldn't surprise me.

So, it's okay for him to watch teams in Spain, because he lives in Spain.

It's not okay for me to watch teams in Manchester, even though I live in Manchester.

Logic.
Had no run-ins or issues with you mate, but these are entirely different things, I hope you can see that.

I don't get into slanging matches calling people cunts and trolls at every turn, but you are asking for trouble when you say you're happy to pay a tenner to watch Manchester City a few times a season rather than save those tenners up to watch Spurs once a season. Or even once every two seasons. Why could you not go to an away match in Manchester? Tickets are not difficult to get hold of, I've done it three times via this forum with no trouble at all, paying face value.

Also, the definition of 'rivals' is fluid. Some people just see Woolwich as rivals - some see top 6 as rivals - others the entire league. But no one sees a Spanish team, or a German team as a rival. I have every intention of going to a Dortmund game in the next two seasons with a few mates. I see no problem with that. If I said I was keen to go and watch Liverpool though, that would have an entire different perception (and would be fucking madness!!) Different gravy mate.

I live near Exeter, not been to a game but I'd have no problem going. I'm also not far from Southampton - if you offered me tickets for free to a game I'd refuse. You could offer me a season ticket for free. No thanks. Why would I go? I have no interest watching other Premier League teams when we are not involved. Sit and watch it quietly in the stadium? Why not save the money and watch it at home? Or down the pub? You really want to soak up City's atmosphere? Do you not feel like a melon sat there as goals go in at both ends, whilst you have no interest in who's scoring or the result!? I'm genuinely asking, it seems utterly bizarre to me mate! Knowing you're paying to watch games that can directly affect our season, whilst seemingly making little effort to watch Spurs.

I'm not a Tottenham local either, I try to get up 3 or 4 times a season. It's not cheap, but fuck me it's worth it. Walking up those steps as White Hart Lane presents itself...no feeling like it mate.

So as far as I can gather, we'll be playing our Games at Man City's ground once the roof is built?

Cheers for the info

Last edited:
Obviously not an arcitect and I am not sure anyone on this forum is but I hope we find a way to make sure the stadium is good for atmosphere/noise, I am sure that is being looked at but as this will be our stadium for the foreseeable future really want us to get it right.
I'm one and can confirm the acoustic design forms an integral part of the overall concept and ultimately can assist in determining the optimal roof form. Ideally you want to contain the 'noise' within the stadium volume while keeping reverberation times high - that's generally not a problem since most of the surfaces are hard and do not absorb sound much. Another aspect is the roof shape / curve. Modern stadiums often follow a generic 'bowl' concept which offers a very economic solutions in terms of combining side 'cladding' and roofing into a single structural element - look a the Alianz Arena for example, Beijing's Olympic, etc.

From our initial renderings - we appear to be gravitating towards a similar solution which shouldn't be a problem in terms of atmosphere. Personally, I'm not mad about those initial designs (assuming the roofing/bowl material would be an aluminium Hullabond cladding of sorts) but I'm sure one of the Club's requirements was to introduce a contemporary facility into the area and on that aspect I believe it delivers. It also appears enclosed from most sides which should assist in keeping the noise in. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom