Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great, he's been fit for one month. He's been on holiday for most of the season Sammy! So he's decided he finally wants to play again half way through the season so all is forgiven?

He has refused to leave because he's on over £100k a week and doesn't even need to be available for selection for months at a time, because quirky old Ade, he's got stuck in Africa. Or has a voodoo hex that stops him from turning left. Or was asked to train with children and was so incensed he had to sit on a boat in the Med for three months. Whatever, he's a wasteman.

I can understand why people want him sold as he makes quite a lot of money but some of the stuff in here sounds like people in the midst of a hysterical fit.

First off, a lot of the stuff about him is pure rumour, no one actually knows what happened that saw him fall out of the team but Pochettino clearly thinks it's been resolved considering he's back in the team.

Also, the whole lazy argument is such bullshit. The guy runs a lot, when you watch him live you can see that he does put in a shift. He looked like he had a rocket up his ass today. So often African players get labeled as lazy and then it's impossible for them to break that narrative.

He's clearly a difficult personality and an incredibly streaky footballer who has massive peaks and valleys in form. But he's been a pretty good signing for us in reality. We paid 5m for him and he's scored 41 goals in just over 100 appearances. While his wages are large, Soldado's are around 80k plus the huge transfer fee. Soldado hasn't even come close in terms of production or ability. Also, Adebayor's incredible second half of last season pretty much dragged us into Europe.

Ultimately, the guy is a twat (as footballers are) and we should sell him if we can. But some of the stuff in here is so over the top.

Just for clarification, I get passed little bits of info from family members of a first team player. So I can make my own mind up on Ade.

The Newcastle incident was spot on in the papers. He was the only person to invite the Newcastle players into our dressing room.
Two players didn't like it whatsoever.

It has at times, and at times its been spot on...I got behind Modric after the window shut too, it doesnt mean I will ever forgive what he did and said.

People putting Ade and Ghaly alongside Campbell, but giving Berbatov a pass for refusing to play in TWO games as quoted by Levy.

All this fucking nonsense that he´s treated the club so bad blah blah blah......people judge it on whether you are a good player or a twitter hero. If Ade was as good as Shearer and had never played for The Scum, but his time here was EXACTLY the same, you think he´s be as despised?

Fucking confused hypocrites everywhere you look.
Ok, but I don't think it's nonsense that he's treated the club disrespectfully at the very least. If he was banging in goals and getting on with it of course it would be different, but he isn't. You're right, people will forgive an awful lot if you're doing your job, and that can lean towards hypocrisy, but he isn't doing that, that's why I find your stance a bit odd.

Great, he's been fit for one month. He's been on holiday for most of the season Sammy!

He played from mid August to mid November. Then he was dropped for a couple games, and went away until late December.

He´s been back, but not picked until today.

You can hate him for being on holiday for half the season, which is complete bollocks, but go ahead. The fact is, he probably missed about 3 PL games when he was away, and the rest of the time he hasnt been picked.

Tell you what, you live your life in a frenzy of twitter fueled hatred, where you can speak for Levy and know the ins and outs of his mind...... and enjoy it to the fullest.

Just a pointless, pointless discussion

You're right, people will forgive an awful lot if you're doing your job, and that can lean towards hypocrisy, but he isn't doing that, that's why I find your stance a bit odd.

My stance is not odd. My stance is very, very simple.

Your level of talent does not make treating this club like shit ok. Thats why I think Berbatov and Modric were fucking cunts.

Ade has done far less. He has not refused to play on the day of a match in order to force a move.

Thats the lowest. I think he´s a selfish twat, but I think he plays well more often than he doesnt and I think people go well over the top with the hate campaign.

I can understand why people want him sold as he makes quite a lot of money but some of the stuff in here sounds like people in the midst of a hysterical fit.

First off, a lot of the stuff about him is pure rumour, no one actually knows what happened that saw him fall out of the team but Pochettino clearly thinks it's been resolved considering he's back in the team.

Also, the whole lazy argument is such bullshit. The guy runs a lot, when you watch him live you can see that he does put in a shift. He looked like he had a rocket up his ass today. So often African players get labeled as lazy and then it's impossible for them to break that narrative.

He's clearly a difficult personality and an incredibly streaky footballer who has massive peaks and valleys in form. But he's been a pretty good signing for us in reality. We paid 5m for him and he's scored 41 goals in just over 100 appearances. While his wages are large, Soldado's are around 80k plus the huge transfer fee. Soldado hasn't even come close in terms of production or ability. Also, Adebayor's incredible second half of last season pretty much dragged us into Europe.

Ultimately, the guy is a twat (as footballers are) and we should sell him if we can. But some of the stuff in here is so over the top.

Ahhh come on mate. You know the reason he fucked off to Ghana right?

He went to see a witch doctor to reverse the ju ju his mum put on him ffs. That cost us 100k. The bloke is deranged. He started on Kane. He started on our youth.

Levy used to back him in such matters but even he. The lily livered bean counting Lilliputian decided enough was enough. im just hoping he did this to put him in the shop window.

My theory is, as history shows, we will end up paying some Turkish side 50% a week of his wages till the end of his contract. For me that would be a bargain. I hope this happens.

Trouble is he likes London. He doesn't need to move. My biggest surprise in all this is we haven't offed the cunt due to multiple breaches of contract.

He played from mid August to mid November. Then he was dropped for a couple games, and went away until late December.

He´s been back, but not picked until today.

You can hate him for being on holiday for half the season, which is complete bollocks, but go ahead. The fact is, he probably missed about 3 PL games when he was away, and the rest of the time he hasnt been picked.
Sorry, I beg your pardon, I'll rephrase then. I'll be annoyed with him for going on holiday for a quarter of a season (hate is a very strong word, I'm annoyed with him). Do we know when the rest of the squad has booked their holibobs yet? Hope it doesn't mess with the run in.

If it makes you feel any better I have never used Twitter, I get all of my info from redtops.

sammyspurs sammyspurs I know your level of talent shouldn't make a difference, but I was responding to your Shearer comment. It's not about talent it's about professionalism. We've had loads of talented players who haven't been popular. Ade criticised the fans, so he can hardly complain when the fans have a go back. If he'd scored 15 goals, and been available for selection the fans criticism would be less vociferous. I don't know of course, but he gives the impression that he's more interested in seeing out his contract than actually playing for us. Of course I might be wrong about that, but that's how it looks to me.

Last edited:
Not trying to come across like that whatsoever. But I'm intrigued as to why I need to watch my gob & I always feel is easier to get a point across face to face. He seems passionate about his post so I believe he won't have a problem saying it.

Apologies, I read it differently than you apparently meant it. :adebaehug:

I know your level of talent shouldn't make a difference, but I was responding to your Shearer comment. It's not about talent it's about professionalism. We've had loads of talented players who haven't been popular. Ade criticised the fans, so he can hardly complain when the fans have a go back. If he'd scored 15 goals, and been available for selection the fans criticism would be less vociferous. I don't know of course, but he gives the impression that he's more interested in seeing out his contract than actually playing for us. Of course I might be wrong about that, but that's how it looks to me.

AVB criticized the fans and people still treat him like a deity. It's a bit hypocritical especially since Adebayor said he was speaking on behalf of all the players. Seems like he's far from feeling alone in the dressing room about that as it came up last year from our coach and this year among the players.

Sorry, I beg your pardon, I'll rephrase then. I'll be annoyed with him for going on holiday for a quarter of a season (hate is a very strong word, I'm annoyed with him). Do we know when the rest of the squad has booked their holibobs yet? Hope it doesn't mess with the run in.

If it makes you feel any better I have never used Twitter, I get all of my info from redtops.

Football hate isn't real hate. I can say I hate Ade but it doesn't mean I hate him in real life. I just hate him at Spurs and hate the player. Not the man.

Though I suspect if I met the man the hate would actually be real.

AVB criticized the fans and people still treat him like a deity. It's a bit hypocritical especially since Adebayor said he was speaking on behalf of all the players. Seems like he's far from feeling alone in the dressing room about that as it came up last year from our coach and this year among the players.
AVB - a deity? Well not me I despised the football we played under him - he ripped the soul out of it for me. Forgive me, but how is this relevant now? He doesn't appear to be speaking for the players at all. The team spirit that Poch has engendered has been more in evidence since Ade's absence IMO.

I had no problems cheering Ade when he came on today, he's been a bit cunty in the past and present aye, but whenever/whoever puts on that fucking shirt I will support 100% Come on you lilywhites!

So if Adolph Hitler banged in 30 goals a season you would support him regardless of his murder of 6 million Jews? If an African warlord who made 10 year olds shoot and kill their own mothers and sisters was a brilliant box to box defender or If the killers of lee Rigby could ping a 40 yard cross field pass to the toes of Kane you would support him?

Just because he wore the shirt?

You're an idiot child. Please don't breed.

So if Adolph Hitler banged in 30 goals a season you would support him regardless of his murder of 6 million Jews? If an African warlord who made 10 year olds shoot and kill their own mothers and sisters was a brilliant box to box defender or If the killers of lee Rigby could ping a 40 yard cross field pass to the toes of Kane you would support him?

Fucking ridiculous post. Everyone knows Hitler was a Gooner.

Got to admit that is the crassest post I've ever seen on here. You, Timpkins are an absolute toad. 'A bit cunty' your antagonist said, and now you go on a crazed rant about Hitler. Don't you think that this might be a bit, err, over the top? You see? You've got me doing the WW1 metaphors now (for which I can never forgive you) so, shape up, and stop being such a wannabe intellectual. Start with the the Trumpton riots and work up. :windy: There's a windmill to be saved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom