The Qataris are coming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know what it is you're seeing in a moyes era everton that you're not seeing in us. We're actually better run than them in my opinion. Apart from the consistency of sticking with the manager. which we'd all want but we're still waiting for the right man.

Everton built a program. They were more of the sum of their parts because they had consistent, stable leadership that was given the freedom to conduct the football business within the constraints of the funds available. They didn't leave any doubt that they were squeezing the best out of every penny. That's still largely true there, this year's struggles aside.

Could anyone say that with a straight face about Spurs?

I think the plan was overly optimistic, and there was no way in hell that it was going to be do-able in 5 years. London is too much of a bureaucratic nightmare. If they had put a 2 in front of the 5, they might have been more honest.
Anyone with half a business brain knew it wasn't possible , so why did he say it? Much like him demanding Top 4 & selling top players & bringing in Fraiser Campbell or kiwi sheep farmer Nelsen. I won't turn this into a pro & anti levy thread as its old hat.
:adethumbup:

These potential buyers are far from idea but when we are sold up , it won't matter who pays the ££ to ENIC as long as they get what they want.

Anyone with half a business brain knew it wasn't possible , so why did he say it? Much like him demanding Top 4 & selling top players & bringing in Fraiser Campbell or kiwi sheep farmer Nelsen. I won't turn this into a pro & anti levy thread as its old hat.
:adethumbup:

These potential buyers are far from idea but when we are sold up , it won't matter who pays the ££ to ENIC as long as they get what they want.
Which is why I argue we should pursue fan ownership. If ENIC don't care where the money comes from, we're just as good as anyone else. It would take a while to raise the cash, but if people are really opposed to the idea of that kind of ownership, there really is only one defence.

I'd love for them to do that. I'd take those risks knowing full well the consequences. That's me. Reasonable minds can disagree on that.

But failing that, I want ENIC to enfranchise some actual football people with authority and get out of the freaking way.
Who's an actual football person that should be given authority?

And since ENIC aren't going to do what you're asking for, there's no real point in asking for it in the first place.

Who in that list wasn't fired at the first sign of trouble and/or hasn't spoken out publicly about being undermined by Daniel Levy in their squad dealings?
AVB, Harry, Baldini, Mitchell, and Pochettino all weren't fired at the first sign of trouble. The only people who have complained were 3 managers, 2 of whom didn't get the exact players they wanted (for various reasons not of the clubs making), or who were sacked after a horrible dip in form resulting from the manager attempting to get a job elsewhere, and then after not getting it, acting like an ingrate while Levy's mother had just died.

Your narrative is just plain incorrect at the factual level.

#TeamLevy has made their position clear. I understand where you're coming from.

I just don't believe it's any way to run the football operations of a football club, whether you're PSG or Plymouth Argyle.

Let's hope the potential buyers don't spot that West Spam are 4th & heading to Stratford....imagine how that would feel if they got purchased and not us !

:levywtf:

Is there any real substance to this anyway ? Or we being Cain Ho'd again ! False hope

Which is why I argue we should pursue fan ownership. If ENIC don't care where the money comes from, we're just as good as anyone else. It would take a while to raise the cash, but if people are really opposed to the idea of that kind of ownership, there really is only one defence.

The idea is good but it'll never happen, imho the fact that we were taken off the stock market shows me that enic have little interest of fan ownership or control, they want a clear buyer rather than confused multi deals . I guess if we were to somehow get £1bn then they'd bite our hands off but it ain't gonna happen.

Someone will buy us , be it tmw or in 20 years . I'll rather it be the former as in 20 years time the premier league will be like WWF. & us older fans will sound like this

With regard to Chelsea's owner not wearing a Chelsea kit when he was a kid. Did our owner run around with a Spurs kit on? My guess is no.

Who goes to most of the club's games, Chelsea or Spurs' owner? This I know the answer to, it's Chelsea's owner.

So who is nearer to the club's roots? Answer, Chelsea's owner. Does it actually matter, not at all to me.

What I care about is trophies, glory. Who gives most to their club, Chelsea's, that's why I think Chelsea have a better owner than we do, That's why I think Chelsea and City's owners are better than the owners of every other club in the country, not just ours. They give their clubs undreamt of, unbelievable trophy returns, they have transformed their clubs. If we could get an owner as good as those two clubs I would love it.

I have been going on about the threat West Ham may pose for years now, ever since they got the OS. It could be a game changer, and there's a far greater chance of them pushing us into 4th place in London (for a child of the 60s like me that is sooooo sad BTW), via a billionaire benefactor, than when they were still at Upton Park.

You're absolutely right. All those other owners should just be billionaires making their money from corruption, corporate theft and subjugation of the poor.

If only Barry Hearn had learnt that years ago, orient could have won the champions league by now. Silly billy

Back
Top Bottom