Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Errr...its all there in the post you just quoted

Friend died in my arms during bus ambush, says Emmanuel Adebayor
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jan/13/emmanuel-adebayor-ill-terror-togo

He is reported as having died on the 9th, with the attack on the 8th, so his head didn't get blown off and it contradicts what is said between a number of reports, including the one listed.

Regardless of whether I'm wrong or just reading the incorrect information, it would make no sense for someone traumatised by such an incident to carry on putting themselves in the same situation and exposing themselves to the same risks if they were seriously affected by the incident 4 years later.

I don't even know what the relevance of discussing this in detail is - you're exaggerating small points as per normal in an attempt to try and pretend things were said that are massively different to your opinion, I assume in an attempt to make yourself seem superior.

I haven't questioned the level of trauma, merely the details and words you are using to describe the situation.

Example: You say 'massacre' - I say 'you're misusing the word massacre' and then you go on to try and suggest that somehow that means that, because it wasn't a massacre, it wasn't traumatic. Trauma can exist without a massacre, they're mutually exclusive things.

Earlier you said how people disgust you dismissing Ade's troubles whilst responding to a post dismissing miscarriage.

"Soldado loses an embryo" - In reference to Soldado's wife's miscarriage...
Sammy-o-meter reads acceptable

"I think you're misusing the word 'massacre' here" - In reference to an attack
All hell breaks loose, people are sickening etc..

Why am I not surprised?

what was that you were saying about people sickening you sammyspurs sammyspurs ?

Let's hope you never have to experience something like that Eskimo. Though you'd have to slam a girl first I suppose. Small steps.
the point i was making that something is trivialised because it happened to one person but not another, so well done on missing the point

the point i was making that something is trivialised because it happened to one person but not another, so well done on missing the point

To be fair, Soldado kept playing and didn't have time off, so I think that's what divides the two situations.

His child died and you're belittling it...

See how these things work?

Belittling it? I thought it was an embryo thats all.

I think its horrendous what happened to his family. See how these things work?

I think Soldado has been poor, but losing a child trumps football and I have all the sympathy in the world for him on that.

I will never be in your boat. Nice try pal.

Belittling it? I thought it was an embryo thats all.

I think its horrendous what happened to his family. See how these things work?

I think Soldado has been poor, but losing a child trumps football and I have all the sympathy in the world for him on that.

I will never be in your boat. Nice try pal.

You missed the sarcasm there of jumping onto someone and making accusations just because you questioned the term used...

post-38275-Community-Troy-Pizza-Fire-gif-qJC1.gif

I didnt question the term....I thought an unborn child was an embryo. Simple as that.

I say you misused the term 'massacre', you say that by pointing it out I am belittling the incident and saying it wasn't traumatic

You misuse the term 'embryo', but expect that I would have no right to say you're belittling the incident and saying it wasn't traumatic

It's an example of recognising that you think about whether or not you're being reasonable in your gun-jumping when reading too far into these things...

I say you misused the term 'massacre', you say that I am belittling the incident and saying it wasn't traumatic

You misuse the term 'embryo', but expect that I would have no right to say you're belittling the incident and saying it wasn't traumatic

It's an example of recognising that you think about whether or not you're being reasonable in your gun-jumping when reading too far into these things...

You have belittled the Ade shooting.

I have not belittled Soldado.

Thats the crux. Move on.

At the end of the day it's always something with him isn't it ?
I can't honestly think of any other player we've had who has so many and varied reasons for not doing what he's rewarded handsomely for, playing football.

Back
Top Bottom