Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Davies and Yedlin have to be considered exceptions in that list due to their age - they might be depth at present but they've been bought to be 1st choice in a couple of years (not necessarily saying they will be)

You're right of course. I also don't dislike any of the players mentioned. If I was the manager I'd probably bring in Stambouli and Fazio next game over Kaboul and Capoue. It's more of a process over results thing. Buying depth isn't as important when we have this much young quality especially with our dearth of top end talent that could be bought with the additional money.

I think that the underlying issue about our team is simple - we lack quality (Bale. Modric, VDV level)

Therefore we are going to have to compensate (to a degree) with organisation and total commitment. If Poch can't get that right then we might be much closer to relegation than top 4, and almost inevitably all we will win will be the sack race, once more.
If that happens, then hopefully the board will put together the clues and realise who the hiring manager was, and work out that its more than likely that he is the problem.

I believe that we do have sufficient quality, given the right team choices and formations to push for a top 6 finish.
I totally agree . For some reason we are disjointed - whether that's poor coaching, quality of player or the wrong combination of players to exicute Pochs ideas, we will need time to see. For me we are not far off. Simple things like Davis for Rose would make a differance IMO.

Chadli is still a disappointment to me. Got no bottle when needed. He's not the only one though. Until we get players who wear the cockerel on their heart with pride then we will be ridiculed when competing with the also rans let alone the big boys. Again we look short of prem quality and guts. Rose, Naughton, even Verts don't cut it IMO. Very lucky today.

Take him out this season and we are relegation places so far. He has popped up with key goals in games where we have taken most of our points!!!

Today's victory is misleading we were absolutely shit and the good finish to the game leaves a positive note on the day, but really, we were shite.

This is very off subject, but I would really like to see Yedlin get moved forward from RB and into more of a box to box role with emphasis on defense. Having someone in that position that is fast enough to track back to cover the gap left by Walker would be immense.

like aaron lennon does?

Oh and.....

lPju108.png

Chadli is still a disappointment to me. Got no bottle when needed. He's not the only one though. Until we get players who wear the cockerel on their heart with pride then we will be ridiculed when competing with the also rans let alone the big boys. Again we look short of prem quality and guts. Rose, Naughton, even Verts don't cut it IMO. Very lucky today.
Chadli is one of the few players that keeps thing simple. He's shows abilities that is lacking in others.

Who is thinking/ saying anything different. Just enjoy the moment. At least it will boost morale a little.
Few people after the game were banging on like we'd just the worlds best game of football

It's a very young team, in most cases, and needs time to grow into itself. For a lot of these guys the best is very much yet to come. What they need is a coach to mould them into a unit. This is something which is going to take time as these players grow. We have a lot of other players who were bought as finishing pieces of previous teams, and they don't reality fit with the core of the team. We will see a lot of them exit over the next year, and we'll need to be patient as this team grows, but with a stable core of players, and a unified purpose this will be something good.

Unfortunately, this process requires a lot of patience many fans don't have.

Chadli cost 8m quid. 8mil.

Moaning about him being a bit shit is like buying a Nissan micra and complaining that it isn't very quick.

I do worry about some of you....and the human gene pool in general.
What you pay means nothing. He came from Netherlands and from an average team that needed money, of course he won't cost much. Bale cost us close to 8 million and look how he turned out.

Back
Top Bottom