Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's Soldado worth now £10m if were lucky. Total fucking disaster for him and us.
I am pretty sure the £26m we paid for Soldado was based on his performance, if we made UCL, etc. I believe the sum we actually ended up paying for him was more like £13m. Still not great value for the money, but also we aren't going to lose as much if we sell him.

I am pretty sure the £26m we paid for Soldado was based on his performance, if we made UCL, etc. I believe the sum we actually ended up paying for him was more like £13m. Still not great value for the money, but also we aren't going to lose as much if we sell him.
Ok mate cheers for that.

It was a decent pass regardless. And his ball in for Mason was lovely.

Honestly, you think people are disregarding of Adebayor's contribution yet you're so negative and demeaning about everything Soldado does, can you not see that hypocrisy?

Adebayor runs into some space then gives the ball to the guy next to him and it's an awesome impact, Soldado slips the ball on a breakaway with perfect weight and direction for Eriksen and it's routine and not even worth calling it an assist.

Go on, refer to yourself in the third person just to make the caricature complete and we can all go home happy.

That was about as easy/basic a pass as opportunity allows in the prem.

The ball fell to him, it's not any skill or movement on his involvement. He didn't beat anyone, he didn't win a challenge. He was standing there and the ball broke to him from fantastic work from Mason.

Post a video to prove me wrong.

Mentioning his assist to big up his creativity vs Ade is stat humping gone wrong.

Last edited:
He carried the ball about 10 yards before the pass. Plus you could say he was in the right place and ready for the ball to "just fall to him".

Besides, from memory, Adebayor didn't beat anyone before passing to Lamela for Eriksen's goal against Southampton either? I don't think he was challenged at all in his 10 yard run?

And the ball in for Mason early on, that was a great through ball. Plus his interplay frequently with the midfield was great, first time I've seen us passing one time passes in little triangles for ages and it made us so much more dangerous up front. Frequently made good runs into the box too, just didn't get the pass. Always moving to space straight after the pass instead of standing still. Also how well did Soldado do to earn that penalty? Strength, perseverance... Had that been Ade you'd have been all over it, no doubts.

He carried the ball about 10 yards before the pass. Plus you could say he was in the right place and ready for the ball to "just fall to him".

Look, if you are going to lolcat about Soldado and him being creative to get an assist for this:

Absolute gift from MASON, then that is your issue. As if Ade could not have jogged and made an easy pass? Defoe could have got an assist with that!

Look, if you are going to lolcat about Soldado and him being creative to get an assist for this:

Absolute gift from MASON, then that is your issue. As if Ade could not have jogged and made an easy pass? Defoe could have got an assist with that!

I've been sinbin voting people for harassing you on this forum, but I'm starting to understand their anger.

You really should learn some internet discussion manners. You refuse to respect any opinion from anyone else, you see your own opinions as absolute facts, you hold some players as godlike - refusing to see any faults from them, and you think others are shit no matter what they do, and you take any good performance from the players your support as proof that you are right and perfect while dismissing all the positives from the players you dislike.

The Soldado assist was perfect. It was easy mode, but we have and have had plenty of strikers that botch opportunities like that. He looks up before Mason win the ball, spotting the opportunity. He doesn't sprint, but lets Eriksen catch up. He plays the obvious ball to Eriksen, instead of trying something special to Mason, as some players would have. And the pass is perfectly weighted. Any player in the PL should be able to do that 10 out of 10 times, but football isn't that simple. It was, however easy it was, perfectly executed.

The genius of the man was more aparent from the Mason pass earlier in the game. And pretty much every time he got the ball he laid it off close to perfectly for one of the AMs.

I can't understand how people can give him shit after that performance.

Play Soldado on Thur up front- simple. We all think we know whats best, with how to play him? I believe he will do what's necessary to make it work, he's that good he knows what best.

Im a big fan and will give him until the end of the season and then judge him .

I've been sinbin voting people for harassing you on this forum, but I'm starting to understand their anger.

You really should learn some internet discussion manners. You refuse to respect any opinion from anyone else, you see your own opinions as absolute facts, you hold some players as godlike - refusing to see any faults from them, and you think others are shit no matter what they do, and you take any good performance from the players your support as proof that you are right and perfect while dismissing all the positives from the players you dislike.

The Soldado assist was perfect. It was easy mode, but we have and have had plenty of strikers that botch opportunities like that. He looks up before Mason win the ball, spotting the opportunity. He doesn't sprint, but lets Eriksen catch up. He plays the obvious ball to Eriksen, instead of trying something special to Mason, as some players would have. And the pass is perfectly weighted. Any player in the PL should be able to do that 10 out of 10 times, but football isn't that simple. It was, however easy it was, perfectly executed.

The genius of the man was more aparent from the Mason pass earlier in the game. And pretty much every time he got the ball he laid it off close to perfectly for one of the AMs.

You can use the troll angle if you like. I was made fun of first btw.

My point is valid. Remember, I was initially made fun of for claiming Soldados assist was not necessarily creative. My initial point was defending Ade because Nick claimed he wasn't creative form wise. I pointed out the last game Ade played, he was involved in the winning goal.

If you watch the Soldado video, I have a valid point that it dropped to him from other players hard work.

I'm giving my reasons why Ade should be played over Soldado.

IMO Soldado is a liability. I can have my opinion. I'm not giving him shit, but I don't think that performance means he should start in the prem.

Last edited:
You can use the troll angle if you like. I was made fun of first btw.

My point is valid. Remember, I was initially made fun of for claiming Soldados assist was not necessarily creative. My initial point was defending Ade because Nick claimed he wasn't creative form wise. I pointed out the last game Ade played, he was involved in the winning goal.

If you watch the Soldado video, I have a valid point that it dropped to him from other players hard work.

I'm giving my reasons why Ade should be played over Soldado.

IMO Soldado is a liability. I can have my opinion. I'm not giving him shit, but I don't think that performance means he should start in the prem.

Jeez, reading your posts make me feel like this

Somewhere inside that head of yours, there's a clever guy that is clearly literate.
But, OMG after paying some attention to how you write your posts and berate people - demanding proof, relentlessly focusing on only the details beneficial to your point.... I can't help but feel like this

Ya know, there's not much purpose in having a point of view (valid or no) if you express yourself so badly that people stop wanting to know.

Well, there's some videos you've been demanding :)

I think I'd ignore you, but to me at least....you're becoming like the Joffrey of the forum.
That guy was a total douche, but Game of Thrones sure would have been a lot more boring

Jeez, reading your posts make me feel like this

Somewhere inside that head of yours, there's a clever guy that is clearly literate.
But, OMG after paying some attention to how you write your posts and berate people - demanding proof, relentlessly focusing on only the details beneficial to your point.... I can't help but feel like this

Ya know, there's not much purpose in having a point of view (valid or no) if you express yourself so badly that people stop wanting to know.

Well, there's some videos you've been demanding :)

I think I'd ignore you, but to me at least....you're becoming like the Joffrey of the forum.
That guy was a total douche, but Game of Thrones sure would have been a lot more boring

It's not exactly incendiary stuff from me is it? Jesus, haha.

I've been sinbin voting people for harassing you on this forum, but I'm starting to understand their anger..

really...

your lucky you then added this..
not-to-kill-list-o.gif

Translation: Soldado's assists, link ups and goal creation are irrelevant as he didn't score.

Translation: Ade's assists, link ups and goal creation excuse him not scoring.

Ok. Here is Nicks initial post taking the piss out of me.

And, I'm a big boy, I don't CARE or cry that he's baiting me. I just put forward my reasonings

We are all men right? Drama over my luke warm, bland responses caused a pile on?

Some people are venting because they are desperate for good things to happen to Soldado so much so much so they will create magic from his average performance.

I want good things to happen to him, but I'm a realist. Me calling Ade a better option is about as controversial as Holtby leaving. Completely understandable.

Soldado was Soldado.

Ok. Here is Nicks initial post taking the piss out of me.

And, I'm a big boy, I don't CARE or cry that he's baiting me. I just put forward my reasonings

We are all men right? Drama over my luke warm, bland responses caused a pile on?

Some people are venting because they are desperate for good things to happen to Soldado so much so much so they will create magic from his average performance.

I want good things to happen to him, but I'm a realist. Me calling Ade a better option is about as controversial as Holtby leaving. Completely understandable.

Soldado was Soldado.

gibbs do you sleep mate??
I went to sleep last night and you were posting, wake up, check the forum and theres posts from you the whole time I was sleeping..
give it a rest, your TFC's kryptonite...aka the American anthrax..

thanks for the disagree, love how a bloke who has 79 posts thinks he can jump in and be the UN of TFC..
keep your peacemaking rubbish to yourself..
gibbs is a cunt, a cockroach and a gooner troll..

Its not peacemaking. It is the fact that half the people on here are attacking him for continually posting, but every time they do that he posts again. They are causing what they are complaining about.

the guy has been banned from 3-4 forums, let me guess it wasn't his fault but there's right?
mate the bloke could have a verbal fight in solitary confinement...

Back
Top Bottom