The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not too dissapointed, didn't expect a win, didn't get a win, really encouraging signs from our attack before the sending off. Soldado zipped it around very well with Eriksen and Chadli, Lamela however really needs to speed up his game if he's going to keep Townsend out. Mason really impressive.

BRING ON HULL

But also, C'mon HULL smash those gooner cunts!

I'm dissapointed. Not in the players. IMO this game proved that Poch does not know our players strengths and weaknesses.

Difficult one this, never thought we were outplayed just outclassed! Hope the scoreline doesn't affect us! Anyway time to get pissed

Roses header into space behind us caused the scramble that led to Fazio getting sent off. If you are going to try and be clever, at least get the player right.
Actually if you want to get it right you said Townsend had no goals or assists in the prem even though he haven't had much of a chance so I give you a stat about a player who hasn't had much of a chance either

Soldado played well today. Anyone who slags him off for the miss penalty can sod off, it happens, it happened to Aguero... The referee was probably the worst I've seen this season. Fucking joke, every decision... Fat Franks cheating penalty, the offside goal.. Kaboul and Fazio as a pair is madness, both way too slow. Kaboul for me, will never be who he once was. He did well against Gooners but it's so clear with all his mistakes in 2014, all his "shortcuts" and bad decisions.. His body just cannot play on this level.

Other than that:
-Rose impressive throughout
-Soldado did well
-Mason has a great game, should def keep starting
-Townsend still very much a one trick pony
-Chadli too slow in his decisions today
-Dier did well

Overall a very very disappointing result when looking at the game until the red. We could have won this one.

Last edited:
Impressive levels of Spursyness from us today even by our own high standards. Three penalties conceded, one missed and a straight red card. Took longer than usual today but normal service resumed.

The gulf in quality between us and City is absolutely vast.

Absolutely gutting. Obviously a terrible ref, but also terrible penalty by Soldado and Pochettino's got the defensive tactics all wrong, both by picking Fazio and playing a defensive line that leaves Kaboul isolated v Aguero.

For me Kane should have played instead of Soldado and Stambouli instead of Lamela. Silly foul by him BTW to give away that crucial first goal, yes Lampard made the most of it, but of course he will. Our two most expensive signings are not value for money that's for sure,

So Poch's Prem record is now significantly worse in terms of ppg compared to 'clueless Tim', so what does that make Poch?

I won't start a new thread on this yet, as we're doing better in the Cups so far, but I'm not happy with Poch's selection today at all.

Really thought we could have got something out of the game before Fazio's sending off. We played well and didn't deserve that scoreline,with 11 men and fair refereeing we could've held for a draw or lost by a goal at most.

Also thought that the team were under immense pressure to put last season's disaster behind them and looked uncomfortable on the ball at times. Hope Poch can limit the impact of this game on the players confidence, especially that of Fazio and Lamela! Upwards and onwards COYS

Impressive levels of Spursyness from us today even by our own high standards. Three penalties conceded, one missed and a straight red card. Took longer than usual today but normal service resumed.

The gulf in quality between us and City is absolutely vast.
Bit like the gulf in quality between that referee and virtually every other referee in existence...

Aguero the difference we always seem to find him in top form, soldado scores pen and its all to play for, he missed and city grew from that point, game over when fazio goes.

Chelsea and.city way above rest, onto next game....

Back
Top Bottom