How do you think we will line up?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worryingly you're not alone, I'm in the same boat.

Haha, fuck you all.....amazing how mellow I can be when the group of 4-5 posters who were constantly stalking me all fell by the wayside and closed their accounts eh....?

Even Fidel and John Thomas cant rattle me (I called them cunts and spastics last night but dont tell anyone)

We do not need Naughton or Lennon, they are just passengers not team players.

Funny cos Lennon is one of our hardest working players...very much a team player.

Might not be first choice, but a great player to have for rotation and injuries.

Naughton probably wont see out the January window, but still no need for the vitriol. He's not good enough to oust Dier from covering at RB now, and thats that.

He can play well in a team with lower aspirations, but thats no reason for him to be a figure of hate.

'Ugo
Dier
(Walker) - Fazio (Kaboul) - Jan (?) - Davies (Rose)
Dembele (Bentaleb) -Capoue (Benji)
Lamela (Lennon) - Eriksen (Paulinho) - Chadli (Townsend)
BobbyReborn (Ade)

Haha, fuck you all.....amazing how mellow I can be when the group of 4-5 posters who were constantly stalking me all fell by the wayside and closed their accounts eh....?

Even Fidel and John Thomas cant rattle me (I called them cunts and spastics last night but dont tell anyone)
I am not here to rattle you or would never be so pompous to think l could, Sammy , we just have vastly different opinions concerning the club.
A little less lavatorial language would be most appreciated .

It should be, against the weaker teams:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Paulinho, Dembele, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen/Soldado, Adebayor][/formation]

Against the stronger ones:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose/Davies, Capoue/Stambouli, Dembele, Chadli, Lamela, Lennon, Adebayor][/formation]

Should have the same strategy, go out there to dominate and win, but with a bit more defensive strength in midfield against the stronger ones, and with more pace in the offensive three to threaten space behind the opponents defence.

We have plenty of options and many are of similar quality. Also reckon we will need to be more pragmatic when playing home or away against differing teams.

For an aggressive team at home/away against teams other than top 6.
Lloris, Walker, Fazio, JV, Rose, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Chadli, Adebayor.

Conservative away selective teams top 6 and others
Lloris, Dier, Fazio, JV, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Adebayor

Anyways i'm hoping Poch will really out think some mgrs.
lets enjoy !!!

Cup games:

.............................................Vorm (does he exist)

Naughton/Dier.................Vlad............Kaboul....................Davies/Rose

Lennon.......................Dembele.............Paulinho.............Chadli/Townsend

...............................................Kane

............................................................Soldado
Only 'funny'd' due to Vorm comment :harrylol:

sammyspurs sammyspurs

Whats happened to you? I am agreeing with everything you're saying a the moment...

Whats happened to me? Fuck sake.
Me and sammyspurs sammyspurs has a few run-ins a year or so ago, but have seen eye-to-eye on most topics since then.

I kind of took it as 'I'd become a cunt' rather than Sammy had changed but maybe I done him (and me!!) a disservice!

Anyway, peaceful round these parts lately - 'tis nice.

First team when fit:
.............................................Lloris

Walker..................Fazio....................Jan....................Rose

............................Stambouli...........Bentaleb

...........Lamela...................Eriksen......................Chadli

..............................................Ade
I only imagine Capoue to start ahead of Bentaleb. Biggest shame there is still the left-side, Chadli not a top top player imo </'arry>

I would like -
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Chiriches, Rose, Capoue, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]
Biggest omission - Vertonghen. I really wouldn't have been bothered if we sold him this summer, and I think we have players that show far more passion and desire to play for us. Fazio is obviously an unknown in the Prem, but I really like Vlad. He is solid, loves a tackle, and can play with the ball at his feet. I'm surprised he has become a bit of an outcast to be honest. Much better than Kaboul based on his latest showing.

I'm not too fussed who starts up top out of 'the 3'. I think they all have the ability to get goals and create chances also. On his day, Ade is the best, but we cannot afford for our lone striker to disappear in games. Kane is growing and showing potential (I never thought he'd make it personally) and I think Poch could work his magic with Bobby.

We have a strong team, quite a few new personal to bed in. Hopefully we have the right man to take us forward now, even if that is just in a 'style of football' sense, rather than 'positions up the table'.

Loris
Dier--Fazio--Verts--Davies
Capoue--Stam
Lamela--Eriksen--Chadli
Soldado​

I do think Ade remains our best striker and although I'm not suggesting he deserves to lose a spot in the XI, I would like to see a run of a couple of meaningful games (next 2 league games might work) with Bobby and Lamela on the pitch together. I thought they showed a refreshing understanding in preseason. I also want to watch Dier at RB a bit more before we relegate him to permanent squad player on Walker's return.

At the moment, I think the following lineup would be the best:

Adebayor
Chadli Eriksen Lamela
Bentaleb Dembélé
Rose Verts Dier/Fazio Walker
Lloris

With the right development I hope we see this in a few months:
Adebayor
Eriksen Lamela Townsend
Bentaleb Dembélé
Davies Verts Dier Walker
Lloris

I'm slighthly worried about Eriksen in this. He isn't very quick, is pretty lightweight, not good in the air, and so far (barring a freekick) has been a bit pish this season.
I think our midfield might be 3 from Capoue, Benji, Bentaleb, Dembele and Pauli.
two from Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen, Kane and Lennon.

Last edited:
I think its because it is apparent that he is not exactly just back up, but a direct replacement for Sandro.

It remains to be seen if Poch is really going to nail down a CM pairing of Bentaleb and Capoue...personally Im not sure thats the way to go, and seeing as he hasnt started Dembele in any of the PL games, Im doubting he is going to be first choice at this stage either.

Its not about putting him there because I think he's a good player (never seen him as you say)....but more what I suspect the club are thinking...

Obviously could be totally wrong, but its not a competition, more a discussion ...

Very true mate. Let's hope he is able to step up.

Out of interest, why would you prefer Bentaleb to Capoue? I have been impressed with Capoue when he has played.

Back
Top Bottom